User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Default Bad drivers? Which types are most likely to be ... ?!

Hi there - some people it seems have tunnel/short range vision when driving so they don't seem to see in their peripheral vision at all. They also seem to have really bad geographical awareness, like, where things are in relation to other things. I am interested to know which cognitive process is particularly adept at such things and thus, which types are likely not to have this gift I would have thought it to be that those with dominant Ne excel in this arena, yet it seems so do those with dominant Se, and dominant Ni. Those with dominant Fi and Ti seem not so great (if the people I drive with are anything to go by?) Can anybody explain this, or has anybody else got a theory they'd like to share???

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm 22 and have never had a driver's license so i'm going to go with INFP . i'm just kinda terrified of it and luckily i live somewhere with good public transportation.

i actually know a few INFPs who got their license well into their 20's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm a pretty sucky driver so I try to be extra careful to make up for it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm actually a decent driver, love driving. Have overall good reaction time. Fair sense of direction in that I can reorient if I get misplaced, though I probably won't look like I have any clue wtf I'm doing. I'm terrible at names of streets/routes/hwys unless I've driven them for years.. even then, I may not be able to immediately associate the specific names with the area driven. Like I couldn't tell people how to reach certain destinations without driving it myself, and consciously making mental notes for them.

Not sure if driving has much to do with type, beyond who may enjoy it or be more or less comfortable with it. It's an acquired skill. /shrug
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Would a reckless driver who manages to evade the cops and avoids causing accidents be considered a good or bad driver?

Society

From my experience, NJs... My INTJ father, INTJ dork squad member from HS, IFNJ ex, INFJ buddy... All remarkably terrible drivers. You would think that inferior Se would work out, but somehow, it just doesnt...

Also everyone knows your an ISTP that went on J drugz trippin on Ni, so you dont count @Lexicon ;-)

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    From my experience, NJs... My INTJ father, INTJ dork squad member from HS, IFNJ ex, INFJ buddy... All remarkably terrible drivers. You would think that inferior Se would work out, but somehow, it just doesnt...

Also everyone knows your an ISTP that went on J drugz trippin on Ni, so you dont count @Lexicon ;-)

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Riva

ENFPs

oh gosh!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Depends on what you mean by "bad driver" ...I think I may be a stereotypical SP in that my driving skills are excellent but as a younger person I drove too fast. My reflexes are incredible, I once was doing 100 on the Triangle Beltline in NC and did a 360 in the middle of the freeway and kept such a firm grip on my car that I just turned forward and drove away without a scratch.

I've also flipped a car into a ditch and back on to its tires on a back country road at night, and kept driving to my friends' house.

Kids, don't try this at home. I have no idea how I'm alive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post

You know Dario Nardi says that as people age they become more like their tert/inf type, like INFJs and ISTPs are almost indistinguishable if they're balanced, past a certain age.

I think that's the problem with me, I think my Se makes me seem "young" or "childish" on the Internet compared to say Ni doms, but people forget how old I am, and how educated I am, and I think that's why people type me as things like ENFP and INFJ, it's a mistake of age and education.

If I'm honest about my personality in my teens and early twenties, I see pretty clearly an SP who could barely to stand to go to her classes in high school and avoided college until her mid-twenties, who flew by the seat of her pants and is probably alive due to animal reflexes and sheer dumb luck.