• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Money and Shopping: Clues to your Type

Which option do you identify with most strongly?

• Plan and Save

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Saving is impractical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spend elegantly and tastefully

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Natural savers

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Highly analytical comparison shoppers

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • The most organized approach

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Money matters least to this type

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Use money to care for others

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Answer key:

From: Rowan Bayne, Ideas and Evidence: Critical Reflections on MBTI Theory and Practice: Center for Applications of (January 2005)

salad

Permabanned
MBTI Type
what
Enneagram
wha
FiNe butt as i dont' know my type i do'not can say if its' acurate

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My approach to money is to spend as little of it as possible while still getting what I want in life. I like spending elegantly and tastefully, but if it means buying something expensive it hurts. I want to write a book called How to Live a Glamorous Life on a Budget.

Si-Ti-Ne-Ni-Se-Te-Fi-Fe
Translate that into a type.

INTP? Kinda?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My approach to money is to spend as little of it as possible while still getting what I want in life. I like spending elegantly and tastefully, but if it means buying something expensive it hurts. I want to write a book called How to Live a Glamorous Life on a Budget.

Si-Ti-Ne-Ni-Se-Te-Fi-Fe
Translate that into a type.

INTP? Kinda?

Your poll response boils it down nicely.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your poll response boils it down nicely.

So I'm ISXJ? Or you mean the clues to type part isn't important. I was just testing your analysis. Pretty accurate I guess.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I'm ISXJ? Or you mean the clues to type part isn't important. I was just testing your analysis. Pretty accurate I guess.

My analysis? You gave a response to the poll in your first comment. My original analysis from months ago stands. Your response and my analysis match as far as dominant function.

Finding your type is really easy but you insist on making it difficult.

salad

Permabanned
MBTI Type
what
Enneagram
wha
Mal+ said:
What? The poll?
just that acrodian to the boog you have quote i'm would be infp, but since i donot' know my type all i can condribute to is the question rather than implide questions like percent of people for whome this is accurate, how this vary by primery function, etc.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just that acrodian to the boog you have quote i'm would be infp, but since i donot' know my type all i can condribute to is the question rather than implide questions like percent of people for whome this is accurate, how this vary by primery function, etc.

I just think that tests containing only one question are awesome.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My analysis? You gave a response to the poll in your first comment. My original analysis from months ago stands. Your response and my analysis match as far as dominant function.

Finding your type is really easy but you insist on making it difficult.

I'm not Si dominant. And I don't remember what you originally typed me as, since it was so long ago, but thanks anyway. By analysis I meant testing the answer key; since my hierarchy of functions according to your assessment of how they relate to money pretty well matches what type I think I am, I'm saying it's pretty accurate I guess.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not Si dominant. And I don't remember what you originally typed me as, since it was so long ago, but thanks anyway. By analysis I meant testing the answer key; since my hierarchy of functions according to your assessment of how they relate to money pretty well matches what type I think I am, I'm saying it's pretty accurate I guess.

You did not respond as Si dominant, but as Ni dominant.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You did not respond as Si dominant, but as Ni dominant.

Ah. Not exactly, since I didn't put it as being the most important; I just said I like it. But now I know which type you think I am.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah. Not exactly, since I didn't put it as being the most important; I just said I like it. But now I know which type you think I am.

The poll asks to identify with one, not to consider it most important.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The poll asks to identify with one, not to consider it most important.

Hm. Well you have a point in that case. If I had tons of money I'd buy some expensive things. Being tasteful and elegant is pretty important. So how do you relate that to Ni? (And I still don't think this whole thing proves someone's type.)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welp, at least it got my type spot on. Torn between Fi and Se, chose Fi. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Use money to care for others - indicates Fe.

True that I am a natural saver / Ne, though.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Use money to care for others - indicates Fe.

True that I am a natural saver / Ne, though.

Mine is the opposite. I spend money to care for myself and I spend whatever's in my eyes.

Though, I'm very particular on what that money is spent on.