User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which option do you identify with most strongly?

29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plan and Save

5 17.24%
  • Saving is impractical

0 0%
  • Spend elegantly and tastefully

4 13.79%
  • Natural savers

4 13.79%
  • Highly analytical comparison shoppers

7 24.14%
  • The most organized approach

1 3.45%
  • Money matters least to this type

6 20.69%
  • Use money to care for others

2 6.90%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Money and Shopping: Clues to your Type

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What does "natural savers" mean? How is it different from "plan and save"?
    exact same question i had - i have a sense that the notion is that Ne doms would see money as "oh i can do that or that... but i can't decide, i'll just keep saving until i do..."

but that is silly - no Ne dom is one function person, yes we stay in limbo in terms of what we know but you do end up deciding despite not knowing, and when you do that the ExxP nature required for Ne dom is a hit in the face. because being risk takers naturally mean you end up working towards low probability (presumably high reward) outcomes, and if you have a 100 people doing things with a 1% success rate, its very likely that 99 of them (or something close) aren't going to end up on top.

INFj None

I wish I could claim elegance and taste, but I'm wearing a Baggins Family Jewelers tee shirt with pink and red flowery Mary Jane sneakers right now.

I usually spend everything I get just about as soon as I get it, but I try to make sure the necessities are covered. I love getting excellent bargains, but not enough to clip coupons unless I have to. I like nice quality stuff that will fit well and last a long time but I don't care about designer stuff or being flashy. I love spending money on both myself and others but I am terrible at waiting to give people stuff. Like, I can't buy Christmas presents months in advance because I will explode if I don't give them what I got for them RIGHT NOW.

I think my spending habits have almost as much to do with growing up poor as they do with my personality.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What does "natural savers" mean? How is it different from "plan and save"?
    'Plan and save' is judicious. "Natural savers" is spontaneous.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)