• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ExTJs, how do you experience your auxiliary?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What the title says. How do you experience Si and Ni in tandem with your dominant Te? How would you for example proceed to solve these problems:

- You have decided to meet a friend downtown to eat lunch together but the friend is late. What will you do?

- You are leading a group project at work but there are dissenting voices as to how to proceed. The project is about whether you should cut down a forest area because the soil is valuable to your company, but at the expense of destroying unique fauna. What will you do?

Could you please describe your thinking process when solving this problem?

Nicki

Retired
I would call that friend to ask if something came up. If my friend didn't answer my phone call, I'd call again 2 times and if after that, my friend doesn't pick up, I'd just buy something and leave.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What the title says. How do you experience Si and Ni in tandem with your dominant Te? How would you for example proceed to solve these problems:

- You have decided to meet a friend downtown to eat lunch together but the friend is late. What will you do?

Wait, generally speaking. If the friend was more than 45 minutes late, I would call.

- You are leading a group project at work but there are dissenting voices as to how to proceed. The project is about whether you should cut down a forest area because the soil is valuable to your company, but at the expense of destroying unique fauna. What will you do?

I would try to study and understand the uniqueness of such fauna. Then try to consult some experts (professors?) regarding the minimum amount of space such fauna requires to keep on being alive, in terms of stable population. If that space was less than what is actually available, I would propose to cut the forest up to the point at which the fauna is at risk.

Could you please describe your thinking process when solving this problem?

Well, I think I have explained my thinking process in the second case. For the first case, either I think that my friend is just late or has found standard travel difficulties (<45 min), or that he has either completely forgotten about the appointment or experienced a big problem.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=857]FDG[/MENTION] is there any reason you use that 45 minute mark?

I would try to study and understand the uniqueness of such fauna. Then try to consult some experts (professors?) regarding the minimum amount of space such fauna requires to keep on being alive, in terms of stable population. If that space was less than what is actually available, I would propose to cut the forest up to the point at which the fauna is at risk.
How would you say this plays a role with Ni-Se?

or that he has either completely forgotten about the appointment or experienced a big problem.

What is it that leads you to conclude such a thing?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you experience Si and Ni in tandem with your dominant Te?

Mmm. I'm unsure I'm really capable of decoupling the two, really. Te-Ni is about essential concepts. Stripping an object down to it's core, so you can say what it is fundamentally that makes that thing different from all others. That essentialising process is what allows me to be creative in my problem solving. I'll have these models in my head, and can point to how whatever I'm addressing matches some element of that pattern, which gives me the ability to maneuver the thing however I please. I've described elsewhere how that essentialising process is what allows us to build efficiency in a process. Ni envisions the process as a whole, then Te allows you to collapse it however much you need to without violating the parameters dictated by the end goal. I think the keyword for Ni led by Te is "actualizing", taking ideas and bringing them to a tangible outcome. It no doubt truncates some of the visionary depth of Ni to view it as a tactical tool, but at the end of the day that's all Ni is to me--a tool. It makes the ends set by Te a bit more multi-dimensional, and it ensures that the road you take to those points are laid out well in advanced. I'm not always comfortable with pure theory, and when I'm speculating without really knowing how I'm reaching the conclusions I'm making it can make me feel highly exposed, even if what I've said turns out to be correct.

How would you for example proceed to solve these problems:

Nothing. Depending on how late we're talking, I'd either call them to see what the deal is, or plan on rescheduling. I don't really sweat those kinds of things. Why did you think this was a scenario that'd bother a Te-dom? Is timeliness supposed to be a thing of ours? :huh:

You are leading a group project at work but there are dissenting voices as to how to proceed. The project is about whether you should cut down a forest area because the soil is valuable to your company, but at the expense of destroying unique fauna. What will you do?

Well...exactly how valuable is the soil? I'd also be curious how important the fauna is to the ecosystem in the area.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8

Call them and either reschedule lunch before finding something new to do, or start asking them what they plan on eating if they aren't going to be super late so that I can order and the food will be out by the time they arrive. If they are coming so late to the point where I could have ordered and went on about my day, then I'd go ahead and pack up and make other arrangements. I'm not going to waste my time, and there will be other times where we can eat lunch together. No big deal.

I would move to make plans for conserving these unique fauna by maintaining a large percentage of the land and encourage some organization specializing in ecological types of research to study these animals, while clearing some plots of land for company use and finding less detrimental reserves elsewhere. Create jobs promoting education and expansion of knowledge in a certain subject and broaden your horizons without relying too heavily upon one plot of soil seeing as overuse will leave it less valuable and unable to use. If we grew things or promoted cattle raising on these lands, we could get a wider range of options if we look at soils suitable for the harvesting of certain crops or what not. More options = attractive to a wider range of customers than limited selection offered by competitors.

rav3n

If they don't show in 15 minutes, call or text, in case they've forgotten or gotten delayed. If they're not showing, order, eat and leave. If they're delayed but will be there momentarily, wait. If they've forgotten, ensure they make it up to me. ;)

Expect that the dissenting voices will provide sufficient objective data that backs up their dissent, rather than emotional appeal. Give the dissenting voices the task of relocating the unique fauna in a manner that ensures the continuity of the species. Proceed with the task of soil extraction.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ni lets me imagine what might have happened, which is probably nothing very interesting in this case. My mind produces some ideas of what would happen and how I would feel about it. I'm imagining things both backwards and forwards. I don't spend much of my thinking about it, as it's such a trivial occurence. I'm beginning to imagine what options there might be. I might call him and if he's a bit late, I could go to the restaurant already and order something for him. If there's not enough time but I'll have to eat, and he's too much late already, I should just go in without him. In any case, Ni provides me some imagination. Probably my Ni is trained with Te, so it imagines based on evidence. So, I'll call him and hear what's up and act accordingly.
I would imagine how each option would affect the company's public relations. I'd imagine at least risk of breaking laws, risk of exposure, chance of people finding out, it's effect on morale, the monetary value.. In cases where I didn't know how a particular thing would turn out, I'd imagine what would happen both immediately and in the long run. All kinds of scenarios would go about in my mind. They would be forward-looking but based on evidence about how similar kinds of procedures have turned out in the past, and insightful in that I would not be too tied in the past, and not too tied to particular circumstances of some earlier situation.
I would probably try to find a way to cut that forest, unless the forest would turn out to be particularly valuable or the dissent would continue.. in which case I'd do a study of the situation firsthand and attempt to find evidence that the forest is not that valuble afterall. If the evidence would turn out to support the dissenter's cause, I would re-evaluate, and probably favor saving the forest in benefit of the nature and company's PR.