Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Can you imagine me knocking on your door next Sunday with pamphlets warning you about Jung?
    Yes Victor, I can, and fortunately I know all you'll require is a cup of tea and some Wind in the Willows story time, maybe I'll give you some vegan banana bread and send you on your way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Did you take Step 2? Do you know of a better assessment?
    I haven't paid for any assessment or valuation which is why I'm curious to hear why you think it's better.

Are you referring to what's described in books like Type Talk, in Gifts Differing or what you read on posts in an Internet forum? There was a lot of stuff published for a while there that attempted to dumb things down for the masses and contained erroneous or misleading information.
    Both. I know Gifts Differing for example works with the functions, but if so, then why even introduce a different concept to I/E and then also use the J/P letters the way they are being used?
    The book I mentioned was the first one that was published that explained the functions in concise and plain English. This led to other things. Last time I checked, it was out of print though you can find used ones.
    Ok, rephrasing; so how does this book, in your own words, clarify and erich MBTI and Jungian theory?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, I think perhaps not a single word written by Victor has ever been true. None of it. It's all absurdism for effect. A grown man with tea and children's books, a lone vilifier of the town hero, and a couple of other things that would make a list of three but which I find it unnecessary to try thinking about. The only needles truly well-placed are the jabs at feminism and critical thinking. To espouse those two pleasant and valuable values in the persona of a Victor, a persona run through with the most obnoxious personal hatreds...

Bravo.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Forgot to address J/P more, since that was mentioned.

Its behavioral standalone value is shown in the "brain lateral alternative" theory, where the functions opposite the dominant and auxiliary, but in the same attitudes (Beebe's #7 and 8), end up being "used" (i.e. in a behavioral sense) next after the dom. and aux. and thus even more than the ego-syntonic tertiary and inferior!
    1/2 and 7/8 bear the same J or P attitude, and thus might be what we turn to first when the preferred functions can't solve a problem. (The tertiary and inferior are more "vulnerable", and thus "weak"). This seems to be in part what is often picked up by the Keys 2 Cognition test, which measures the functions directly, in terms of behaviors.

Meanwhile, as functional perspectives, the alternatives are still the least conscious.
    So this highlights the difference between Jung's theory where the functions are more forms of perspectives, and a more behavioral approach taken by MBTI and Keirsey.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    You know, I think perhaps not a single word written by Victor has ever been true. None of it. It's all absurdism for effect. A grown man with tea and children's books, a lone vilifier of the town hero, and a couple of other things that would make a list of three but which I find it unnecessary to try thinking about. The only needles truly well-placed are the jabs at feminism and critical thinking. To espouse those two pleasant and valuable values in the persona of a Victor, a persona run through with the most obnoxious personal hatreds...

Bravo.
    Even if Jung's crazy dictated the validity of his thoughts, craziness is generally marked by an overall caricature-ization of the neurotypical. His product would be a magnified image of the general human psyche.

Poetic Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Bravo.
    And here I am on a site devoted to the fascist Carl Jung and the plagiarists and charlatans Mrs Katherine Briggs and her daughter Mrs Isabel Myers.

It's poetic justice.

But poetic justice is not enough for an attempt was made to break into my Facebook account, and we have been able to trace it back to a member of Typology Central.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And here I am on a site devoted to the fascist Carl Jung and the plagiarists and charlatans Mrs Katherine Briggs and her daughter Mrs Isabel Myers.

It's poetic justice.

But poetic justice is not enough for an attempt was made to break into my Facebook account, and we have been able to trace it back to a member of Typology Central.
    Was it me?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    FiNe
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII Ne

It's nice to see someone actually wants to learn about Jungian typology. Others tend to stick so hard with MBTI's conception of cognitive functions. I want to learn about it, but the materials on the internet has been mixed up with MBTI. I can see some lights on MBTI, but I want to understand pure Jung's conception of it and develop from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rainybisto View Post
    It's nice to see someone actually wants to learn about Jungian typology. Others tend to stick so hard with MBTI's conception of cognitive functions. I want to learn about it, but the materials on the internet has been mixed up with MBTI. I can see some lights on MBTI, but I want to understand pure Jung's conception of it and develop from there.
    Naive members of Typology Central are unlikely to know that Carl Jung suffered from a psychosis. His followers hid this from us for more than seventy years.

Normally this would delegitimate a psychological leader, but nothing delegitimates a cult leader like Carl Jung. It is a matter of faith, not reason and evidence.