First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

(a) Godwin's Law.

(b) ad hominem

also

(c) ad hominem

Your preference for evil is growing.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    During the reign of the Third Reich, Carl Gustav Jung assumed the Presidency of the General Society for Psychotherapy in Germany.

Jung's support of the Nazis could not be clearer, and explains why the crypto-fascists find him so fascinating, even to the point of quoting him in their signature.
    nice trolling. even tho he worked in country invaded by the nazis, his aim was to have at least some form of psychotherapy(as he saw that the state was neglecting therapy and it was in a danger of being totally disregarded if someone doesent do the job regardless of maybe having their reputation stained) for the citizens who were suffering greatly from the nazi occupation. he didnt support the nazis, he was only helping people who were suffering inside a country invaded by the nazis..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Your preference for evil is growing.
    My preference is for the lesser of two evils.

And quite a bit of life is choosing between two evils. And the mensch will choose the lesser, while the idealist can't tell the difference.

Reich Marshal Göring and Jung

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    nice trolling. even tho he worked in country invaded by the nazis, his aim was to have at least some form of psychotherapy(as he saw that the state was neglecting therapy and it was in a danger of being totally disregarded if someone doesent do the job regardless of maybe having their reputation stained) for the citizens who were suffering greatly from the nazi occupation. he didnt support the nazis, he was only helping people who were suffering inside a country invaded by the nazis..
    Carl Jung was under the control of Hermann Wilhelm Göring, Reich Marshal of the Greater German Reich.

And under Reich Marshal Göring's orders, Carl Jung as President of the General Society for Psychotherapy in Germany, wrote that every practising psychotherapist would adopt Adolf Hitler's, "Mein Kampf", as a basic reference.

MBTI
    INTJ

And growing.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is wrong. They should not be thought of as separate things. Please do read more books. I think it will help to build out your perspectives
    Why not?

It's a method to evaluate someone's type - specifically Jungian type. They attempted to operationalize a solution that would allow you to assess your type and it works pretty well. Given the rigor the Step II assessment has along with the assistance of a professional for evaluation, I'd say it's more than a bit better than any of the free tests that I am aware of. Nardi's isn't really very good either. Some of the stuff behind the system (i.e. the functions you so dearly are interested in) are clearly described in the MBTI Step II manual and serve as the foundation for the system. They were always there behind the scenes but people didn't know they were there. Functions got re-popularized when this came out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/188...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    How does it operationalize it well in your opinion, then? Also, I'm fully aware that the functions are mentioned in Gifts Differing for example, and that Myers-Briggs built on the functions, but then for example please explain the discrepancy between how the MBTI understands I/E and how Jung understands I/E.
    It clarifies and enriches. It doesn't create a new system because the MBTI was completely based on it already. An assessment methodology does not aways tie so directly to the underlying theory. All it needs to do is work. Who cares if they use facets. MBTI Step II should give you your "jungian" type if you want to call it that.
    How does it clarify and enrich?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think the meaning of subjectivity is very interesting.

It starts with play, for the purpose of play in children is to learn the difference between imagination and reality, or we might say, the difference between subjectivity and objectivity.

It starts with play and moves onto the scientific method which is a way of determining what is fact and what is speculation, or we might say, what is subjective and what is objective.

It starts with play, moves into the scientific method, and onto the suspension of disbelief which makes art, religion, poetry and movies possible.

It starts with play, and moves onto the scientific method, the onto the suspension of disbelief, but doesn't stop there. From there we move into inter-subjectivity.

Inter-subjectivity allows us to share our minds and makes us the most powerful animal on the planet.
    It doesn't answer the question how subjectivity affects your personal reasoning. I am questioning your personal ability to objectivity reason, as has already been clarified, that attacking Jung and claiming his theory is invalid because it's built on his subjective understanding of the world is a hypocritical statement since you are doing exactly the same thing. So again, how can we know that your reasoning process and understanding of Jung, the world, and thus also the psyche, is more objective than Jung's and simply not mere subjective conjecture?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have noticed that. No all though

Try this - it's got the best stuff I've seen on Fi vs Fe

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks for the recommendation!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Carl Jung was under the control of Hermann Wilhelm Göring, Reich Marshal of the Greater German Reich.

And under Reich Marshal Göring's orders, Carl Jung as President of the General Society for Psychotherapy in Germany, wrote that every practising psychotherapist would adopt Adolf Hitler's, "Mein Kampf", as a basic reference.
    so he lied to them that he was in their camp so that he could help people under nazi control. quite noble act since he would most likely got himself killed if he got caught
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

MBTI aimed to focus on interpersonal interactions (including team building, etc), and hence, J/P as "extraverted function" (rather than dominant) came in handy.
    It also made temperament theory mappable to it. Both conative (Keirsey) as well as the Interaction Styles (affective), contain different levels of behavior-focused traits that can explain some of the anomalies of comparing MBTI to Jung.

Like if an extravert seems to withdraw from people, there is also the classic temperament dimension of people vs task, which is represented through both the affective "directing/informing" and the conative "structure/motive". Those are both traits that are really part of a larger set of behavioral tendencies, and the task focused person (directive and/or structure) will approach people for some task-oriented goal, and not so much for socialization. When there is no such goal or he can meet it some other way than direct socialization, he may withdraw. An extravert can also be "cooperative" (as opposed to "pragmatic"), which will also make him a bit slower to approach others in certain instances.
    (I also believe there's a third area of temperament not covered by type, that can influence the behavior).

In the extended Jungian theory of John Beebe, "Persona" is an archetypal complex connected with the dominant function. An Fi dominant will not have a Ti "persona".
    An Fi dom. can be in Te "inferior grip" (Quenk), Fi "right brain alternative" (Thomson) or "Demonic Personality Complex (Beebe), but these will not shape his Persona to make him look like a Ti dom. These instances are about stress, when the ego (and its Persona) are not able to achieve its goals through its dominant perspective.
    Last edited by Eric B; 04-24-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas