MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Where else?
    Off the top of my head, in Lenore Thomson's book, and two books by Otto Kroeger, Type Talk and Type Talk at Work. In all three books, the EP, IP, EJ, and IJ combinations are called "the attitudes".

I don't have access to my book collection at the moment, but I believe those notations are also used in Gifts Differing, albeit briefly. If I remember correctly, they are not really expanded on, just used to refer to the groups, like EJ, "extraverts with the judging attitude".

I will have to check my shelf when I get home to give a more comprehensive list.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Off the top of my head, in Lenore Thomson's book, and two books by Otto Kroeger, Type Talk and Type Talk at Work. In all three books, the EP, IP, EJ, and IJ combinations are called "the attitudes".

I don't have access to my book collection at the moment, but I believe those notations are also used in Gifts Differing, albeit briefly. If I remember correctly, they are not really expanded on, just used to refer to the groups, like EJ, "extraverts with the judging attitude".

I will have to check my shelf when I get home to give a more comprehensive list.
    Aha, interesting. And why would this be over say, Je?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You didn't understand my objection. She was using socionics terminology but mixed it up. EP = Pe lead, IP = Pi lead, IJ = Ji lead, EJ = Je lead. The rest is just ramble that's pretty irrelevant to my point.
    No I wasn't using socionics.

I was referring to Jung's grouping according to extroverted rationals (ExxJ), extroverted irrationals (ExxP), introverted rationals (IxxP), and introverted irrationals (IxxJ). Judging & perceiving are just different terms for rational & irrational respectively, and of course they're applied to the preferred extroverted function in MBTI.

I used the MBTI letters for shorthand because it's faster. You Ti-dom always need everything spelled out!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Aha, interesting. And why would this be over say, Je?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No I wasn't using socionics.

I was referring to Jung's grouping according to extroverted rationals (ExxJ), extroverted irrationals (ExxP), introverted rationals (IxxP), and introverted irrationals (IxxJ). Judging & perceiving are just different terms for rational & irrational respectively, and of course they're applied to the preferred extroverted function in MBTI.

I used the MBTI letters for shorthand because it's faster. You Ti-dom always need everything spelled out!
    :headscratch: Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase?
    Putting it this way: EJ and Je represent the same thing, extroverted jugdging dominance but written differently. My question was thus something like, why would you use EJ as a temperament distinction instead of Je dominance whereas the latter is more in line with Jung's own terminology?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Putting it this way: EJ and Je represent the same thing, extroverted jugdging dominance but written differently. My question was thus something like, why would you use EJ as a temperament distinction instead of Je dominance whereas the latter is more in line with Jung's own terminology?
    I would use it to represent Je dominance. The attitudes are separate from the temperaments. Basically explaining what the Je-doms have in common as well as the other. If you're asking why you would use the actual letters EJ et al. rather than just the function label Je, I would say that distinction is nodding to the underlying theory of functions without actually delving into them. If it's an introductory book that doesn't focus overtly on the functions, like Type Talk, using distinctions like EJ keeps with the terminology that they already established, but also teases at the more three-dimensional system of the functions that MBTI was built on. For instance, grouping all the EJs together, even ENTJ and ESFJ to show that they share a similar "attitude", which later on with further study, you know to mean they are both extraverted judgers.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

double post