First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    Something I came up with awhile ago that might be useful for you to find it:

Function commonality:

SiNe: Collectors
    Connecting new information & patterns to the existing collection.
    NiSe: Streamers
    Connecting new information & patterns within its own stream.

FiTe: Projectors
    Projecting internal values & plans outside.
    TiFe: Reflectors
    Reflecting upon external information inside.
    The problem I have with grouping the opposing functions is just that - they're opposed.
    I think these make sense when applied to someone using them as the aux/tert, ie. an ENTP is TiFe. But when it's the dominant/inferior, then you have too much conflict to combine the two as if they work in tandem. The relationship between them in a person's psychology is more antagonistic, IMO.

I'm drawn to the "reflecting" category because it sounds more like Ji, whereas "projecting" sounds like Je.

Actually, those would be ways to group also (the way Jung groups):
    IP aka Ji-dom
    EP aka Pe-dom
    IJ aka Pi-dom
    EJ aka Je-dom
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Riva

The only change I would be satisfied with is by putting the nps and njs together. NP - Tactful and bigger picture in mind. SP - Tactful with immediate results in mind. NJ - Strategic with bigger picture in mind. SJ - Strategic with immediate picture in mind. The word gradual and urgent could be used as subsitutes for bigger picture and immediate picture.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Tactful?
    I could see "exploratory" maybe.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ Tactful? I could see "exploratory" maybe.
    Ah a much much better word. I was trying to find a word similar to strategic yet has a different meaning. Do you have a better word than strategic? Focused maybe? Hmm.. I always remind enfps to use the quote function and now ...

Society

The problem I have with grouping the opposing functions is just that - they're oppose.

They arent, not quite imo, each pair is the same cognitive mechanism used in apposing ways.

I also think there is an internal repression mechanism involved in the process of repressing the processing of one rather then the other, a resolvable one.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Ah a much much better word. I was trying to find a word similar to strategic yet has a different meaning. Do you have a better word than strategic? Focused maybe? Hmm.. I always remind enfps to use the quote function and now ...
    You mean tactical?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    You mean tactical?
    I meant tact. I wanted to use imrovising initially. Tactical is a big too long term. Tact the nfps wouldn't like and intps I haven't met who are good at. So my initial wordings are wrong I must confess.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The only change I would be satisfied with is by putting the nps and njs together. NP - Tactful and bigger picture in mind. SP - Tactful with immediate results in mind. NJ - Strategic with bigger picture in mind. SJ - Strategic with immediate picture in mind. The word gradual and urgent could be used as subsitutes for bigger picture and immediate picture.

their are 4 NJs & 2 NTPs... you have to either give up the TJs or the FJs in the group.

The later can be done by keeping the NTs intact.
    The first can be done by having:

Intuitive reflectors (NTP & NFJ)
    Sensing reflectors (STP & SFJ)
    Intuitive projectors (NFP & NTJ)
    Sensing projectors (SFP & STJ)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

The problem I have with grouping the opposing functions is just that - they're opposed.
    I think these make sense when applied to someone using them as the aux/tert, ie. an ENTP is TiFe. But when it's the dominant/inferior, then you have too much conflict to combine the two as if they work in tandem. The relationship between them in a person's psychology is more antagonistic, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    They arent, not quite imo, each pair is the same cognitive mechanism used in apposing ways.

I also think there is an internal repression mechanism involved in the process of repressing the processing of one rather then the other, a resolvable one.
    Also, it's about grouping the types, so even if the inferior is still unconscious, it's still on the "ego-syntonic" side, and will figure in the type's nature.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Also, it's about grouping the types, so even if the inferior is still unconscious, it's still on the "ego-syntonic" side, and will figure in the type's nature.
    YES. And by understanding it as a single object we can start viewing as something with a mechanism, an origin, a development curve, look at it as an emergent result from possible overarching organic princibles.