• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors Vs. Intuitives

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are the main differences between sensing and intuitive personality types?
How do you tell the two apart?
Do they work well together in social dynamics?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The differences in perception? That sensation types focus on the stimuli in a more concrete manner and intuitives are more attuned to seeing symbolic patterns?

Socionics describes how they they work in social dynamics and the duality intertype explains that we always seek those who represent our repressed unconscious so if someone is an INFP in socionics they will seek out an ESTJ. Generally speaking, I don't think there's much of a problem for people with different perception focus to work together but it might be difficult for them to agree on what they're seeing/doing.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
The basic thing that I've taken note of, is that S types generally use whatever information they have at hand. While N types will follow their own gut feelings and such. Negative intuition generally comes in the form of excessive paranoia about the unknown, and trying to undermine the motives of other people. While negative sensing generally resolves around sexual/bodily issues, and explosion of violent tendencies.

It's pretty easy to pick out other people's types if you know what you are looking for really. I think they would be pretty good together, if it doesn't involve anything that needs to be explaining. Considering that the S type will focus on the face-value qualities, while the N type will focus on either it's potential, or what lies beyond the surface.

I'm only explaining S and N doms though. Considering that rationals wouldn't have many issues with sensing nor intuition. Considering they will use both of them, to fit their desires.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The basic thing that I've taken note of, is that S types generally use whatever information they have at hand. While N types will follow their own gut feelings and such. Negative intuition generally comes in the form of excessive paranoia about the unknown, and trying to undermine the motives of other people. While negative sensing generally resolves around sexual/bodily issues, and explosion of violent tendencies.

It's pretty easy to pick out other people's types if you know what you are looking for really. I think they would be pretty good together, if it doesn't involve anything that needs to be explaining. Considering that the S type will focus on the face-value qualities, while the N type will focus on either it's potential, or what lies beyond the surface.

I'm only explaining S and N doms though. Considering that rationals wouldn't have many issues with sensing nor intuition. Considering they will use both of them, to fit their desires.

Well, I'm a rational and I reject sensation a lot from my psyche. This became pretty apparent when I was walking home from work and I got into the elevator of my apartment building and I realize there are only 9 floors instead of 10 and I essentially had a paranoid experience because I couldn't understand how my floor was missing until I rationalized that I probably entered the wrong building and I never noticed.

I don't have a lot of those episodes but I don't tend to pay much attention to my surroundings. I strongly prefer intuition as my auxiliary though.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Well, I'm a rational and I reject sensation a lot from my psyche. This became pretty apparent when I was walking home from work and I got into the elevator of my apartment building and I realize there are only 9 floors instead of 10 and I essentially had a paranoid experience because I couldn't understand how my floor was missing until I rationalized that I probably entered the wrong building and I never noticed.

HA! I actually have the same problem. My environmental awareness is quite terrible actually. I actually freaked the hell out, because I forgot if I did or didn't wash my body and my hair! How amusing. I would probably react the same way in your own situation.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HA! I actually have the same problem. My environmental awareness is quite terrible actually. I actually freaked the hell out, because I forgot if I did or didn't wash my body and my hair! How amusing. I would probably react the same way in your own situation.

That's hilarious. I have that a lot with locking my front door, whether I fed the cat or even if I... slept or not. I sometimes can't discern if I'm awake or still sleeping. I also can't remember when I last showered quite frequently and other things pertaining body issues. Unconscious Si ftw. I am not sure about you but I also often dream about... the inability to dress properly in public, like I forgot to put on pants or whatever. Not becaus this has happened IRL but... I could potentially see it happen, kind of.