User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I like the effort you put into it. It's alright as long you acknowledge that it generalizes and obviously not meant to describe individuals. That's not what it's for. Although I don't have a clue what its use actually is. What is it, @zago?
    To increase your probability of accurately typing someone, and make other probabilistic guesses about their personality. If someone is a hair stylist, of the 16 types, it is most likely that it is an ESFP. Maybe there's only a 30% chance, but being that there are 15 other types, that's the highest one. Then you can look at other characteristics and make a better assessment. To me it is just a point of interest/fun, really. I don't treat one type different from the next. After all, categorization is one of the main pursuits of Ti. Lol

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I taking the descriptions with a grain of salt. I'd be much more interested in hearing about someone's profession or description - known personally to the poster - that's been typed.

For instance: 2 ESTJs I know are cops.
    1 INFP musician.
    1 ISTP finance analyst
    1 ISTJ graphic artist
    1 ESTP service manager at car dealership.
    1 ENFP sommelier at upscale L.A. restaurant.
    1 ISFJ massage therapist
    1 INTJ manager at call center
    1 INFJ bicycle mechanic
    1 ENTJ owner of a motorcycle shop/engine builder
    Etc.

It would break up the monotony of stereotypes. If they fell into them, so be it but at least it's real.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

WALMART

Yes, but again, he is born into a high probability factor for success. It isn't like he enjoys law so much he worked his way to accomplish it from ground zero, it was closer to 'the next step' (and hopefully I am in no way discrediting his accomplishments, I am very proud of him, but even he would read this and agree - his undergrad is in psychology and did almost all his research on Socio-Economic Status).

His mother and father are from Africa, both educated in England. His father is a government official in Nigeria and his mother is a Registered Nurse. They are relatively well-off and have been able to send all of their children to college with little to no thought about the financial implications - they have likely been preparing for it since before their first child's inception. His sister is around ten years older than he, a well-paid pharmacist, that paid his way through schooling, as far as he intended to go (though I believe law school caught up to that, he's now indebted up to his eyeballs).

So to reason that he graduated law school because he is an intuitor with an interest in higher learning is kind of silly, don't you see?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    To increase your probability of accurately typing someone, and make other probabilistic guesses about their personality. If someone is a hair stylist, of the 16 types, it is most likely that it is an ESFP. Maybe there's only a 30% chance, but being that there are 15 other types, that's the highest one. Then you can look at other characteristics and make a better assessment. To me it is just a point of interest/fun, really. I don't treat one type different from the next. After all, categorization is one of the main pursuits of Ti. Lol
    How do stereotypes actually increase accuracy? Rather, it seems the probability of mistyping is likely to go through the roof since you don't look at people's cognitive functions but only their external behavior.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!