123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Default MBTI, four humors, and astrology

I've gathered quite a large understanding of the MBTI, astrology, and four humors and have been able to include and relate the three accurately in an attached chart.

With some background knowledge, the chart should be helpful and easy to understand.

The four columns of labels beginning respectively with Thinking, Sensing, Intuition, and Feeling each describe the quarter of the chart to which they are closest. The two axes are labeled with their descriptors. The 8 small indicators around the chart describe aspects of the MBTI as they correspend to astrological degrees.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Does not accurately describe me. Next!

No but seriously, why do you associate Capricorn with Fe when I would say that if you simply go by stereotype descriptions, it seems rather ISTJ-like? Just as a quick example.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Not to be impolite, but according to mathematics, 23.5 degrees Capricorn corresponds to Fe. Though I agree that the entire sign of Capricorn seems to be more STJ-like.
    Last edited by Illuminator_777; 04-03-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: 6.5 degrees to 23.5 degrees

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Well astrology doesn't define anyone, it's akin to throwing wet gateau at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

An interesting correlation, but purely speculative, however sometimes that is the fun of it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

You cannot "define" anyone with the MBTI or any other typology mechanism just as you cannot "define" anyone with astrology. In my opinion astrology is much more powerful for learning about oneself, though it takes more time and understanding than simpler methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminator_777 View Post
    You cannot "define" anyone with the MBTI or any other typology mechanism just as you cannot "define" anyone with astrology. In my opinion astrology is much more powerful for learning about oneself, though it takes more time and understanding than simpler methods.
    I agree actually and this is why current approaches to MBTI and other personality matrices should be abandoned and re-thought. Too many approach it from the angle of definition when really it is a loose framework at best.

My post above is really a deliberately facetious attempt to see what your views really were.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

I see. I think each person fits one MBTI type that's permanent for their whole life, but being in a certain 1 of 16 groups doesn't define a person. There are much more subtle distinctions which can only partially be explained by astrology.

I see. I think each person fits one MBTI type that's permanent for their whole life, but being in a certain 1 of 16 groups doesn't define a person. There are much more subtle distinctions which can only partially be explained by astrology.
    I agree, not much more I can say.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII

Are you well into astrology? If so I recommend a free program called Astrolog.

Also, to anyone who reads this and isn't comfortable with astrology, do not let mention of it prevent you from posting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Not to be impolite, but according to mathematics, 6.5 degrees Capricorn corresponds to Fe. Though I agree that the entire sign of Capricorn seems to be more STJ-like.
    And this makes sense because...? So you are more interested in whether the formula is mathematically correct than whether it corresponds to actual reality stereotype type descriptions?

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!