• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI, four humors, and astrology

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've gathered quite a large understanding of the MBTI, astrology, and four humors and have been able to include and relate the three accurately in an attached chart.

With some background knowledge, the chart should be helpful and easy to understand.

The four columns of labels beginning respectively with Thinking, Sensing, Intuition, and Feeling each describe the quarter of the chart to which they are closest. The two axes are labeled with their descriptors. The 8 small indicators around the chart describe aspects of the MBTI as they correspend to astrological degrees.

Attachments

• mbtiandastrologychart.jpg
    mbtiandastrologychart.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 72

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does not accurately describe me. Next!

No but seriously, why do you associate Capricorn with Fe when I would say that if you simply go by stereotype descriptions, it seems rather ISTJ-like? Just as a quick example.

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not to be impolite, but according to mathematics, 23.5 degrees Capricorn corresponds to Fe. Though I agree that the entire sign of Capricorn seems to be more STJ-like.

Last edited:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Well astrology doesn't define anyone, it's akin to throwing wet gateau at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

An interesting correlation, but purely speculative, however sometimes that is the fun of it. :smile:

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You cannot "define" anyone with the MBTI or any other typology mechanism just as you cannot "define" anyone with astrology. In my opinion astrology is much more powerful for learning about oneself, though it takes more time and understanding than simpler methods.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You cannot "define" anyone with the MBTI or any other typology mechanism just as you cannot "define" anyone with astrology. In my opinion astrology is much more powerful for learning about oneself, though it takes more time and understanding than simpler methods.

I agree actually and this is why current approaches to MBTI and other personality matrices should be abandoned and re-thought. Too many approach it from the angle of definition when really it is a loose framework at best.

My post above is really a deliberately facetious attempt to see what your views really were.

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see. I think each person fits one MBTI type that's permanent for their whole life, but being in a certain 1 of 16 groups doesn't define a person. There are much more subtle distinctions which can only partially be explained by astrology.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I see. I think each person fits one MBTI type that's permanent for their whole life, but being in a certain 1 of 16 groups doesn't define a person. There are much more subtle distinctions which can only partially be explained by astrology.

I agree, not much more I can say. :shrug:

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you well into astrology? If so I recommend a free program called Astrolog.

Also, to anyone who reads this and isn't comfortable with astrology, do not let mention of it prevent you from posting.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to be impolite, but according to mathematics, 6.5 degrees Capricorn corresponds to Fe. Though I agree that the entire sign of Capricorn seems to be more STJ-like.

And this makes sense because...? So you are more interested in whether the formula is mathematically correct than whether it corresponds to actual reality stereotype type descriptions?

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Excuse my former post; Fe corresponds to 23.5 degrees Capricorn, not 6.5 degrees (I got ahead of myself). The formula being mathematically correct would make it correspond to actual reality, not sure what you meant there. Fe corresponds to 23.5 degrees Capricorn because Feeling is at 15 degrees Aquarius and extroversion is at 0 degrees Capricorn. Halfway between the two degrees lies 23.5 degrees Capricorn.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Excuse my former post; Fe corresponds to 23.5 degrees Capricorn, not 6.5 degrees (I got ahead of myself). The formula being mathematically correct would make it correspond to actual reality, not sure what you meant there. Fe corresponds to 23.5 degrees Capricorn because Feeling is at 15 degrees Aquarius and extroversion is at 0 degrees Capricorn. Halfway between the two degrees lies 23.5 degrees Capricorn.

But how can it correspond to reality if all Capricorn descriptions pretty much assume that Capricorns sound like stereotype ISTJs? Since the astrology system operates purely on external behavior as opposed to say, enneagram or analytical psychology which attempt to track deeper underlying patterns of the psyche, then I fail to see how ascribing a mathematical formula that would denote a certain type a certain cognitive function makes any sense at all since the description of the Capricorn is undeniably ISTJ-like. The natural conclusion would be that Capricorn = ISTJ and thus favor Si Te Fi Ne as their functions.

How did you even arrive at that very degree corresponding to a function to begin with? What's the background for your formula?

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've explained it already and I'm correct. Research more.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The awkward moment when I'm a Cancer. Si-inferior at least? :)

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The awkward moment when I'm a Scorpio. INTJ, phlegmatic-choleric, and so forth...decided tendency to fail to take Feeling into account, with incredibly black and white Sensation that's either totally on or not on at all.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The awkward moment when I'm a Scorpio. INTJ, phlegmatic-choleric, and so forth...decided tendency to fail to take Feeling into account, with incredibly black and white Sensation that's either totally on or not on at all.

At least it got Fi/Te right? LOL Astrology and MBTI are both interesting separately but together it's just all over the place. :shrug: The correlation is interesting to see, though.

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's even more interesting when you actually understand it :p

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, I'm a Capricorn INFP 5w4 sx/sp melancholic-choleric so that makes it triple-awkward when the OP suggests I'm an Fe type lol.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've explained it already and I'm correct. Research more.

It's even more interesting when you actually understand it :p

Please tell me where you did this? What's the foundation for your maths formula? How did you arrive at those numbers and how does it correlate to the humors, astrology and the MBTI? Besides showing us the chart you provided in the OP you have given zero explanations how you arrived at these conclusions.