• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI, four humors, and astrology

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Years of internet research, thousands of sources. All I can really say is that the chart is correct. Keep in mind that each of the individual 360 degrees has a unique character; just because Fe is at 23.5 degrees Capricorn does not mean that the whole sign of Capricorn has an Fe influence.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least it got Fi/Te right? LOL Astrology and MBTI are both interesting separately but together it's just all over the place. :shrug: The correlation is interesting to see, though.

Yeah. I mean, in my opinion something like this would have to be subject to actual data-gathering. This would be not too bad a place to do it, as people are more likely to be seriously thinking about what their type is, but also along those lines a more confusing place to do it...since people are trying to analyze themselves or get help from amateurs who may or may not have a truly clinical, objective mindset.

No offense intended.

Still, yeah, it..sort of..got Fi/Te right. Sort of, because I consider Ni-Se the most vital part of my Jungian type by far, and T and F are things that are.. there.. so I'm Ni-Se with a T flavoring and an F that doesn't show up as much.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I'm a Capricorn INFP 5w4 sx/sp melancholic-choleric so that makes it triple-awkward when the OP suggests I'm an Fe type lol.

Like I said, too many grey areas when it comes to comparing MBTI to Astrology! This actually makes me wonder if anyone's ever made a similar chart with Astrology and Enneagram. :thinking:

Yeah. I mean, in my opinion something like this would have to be subject to actual data-gathering. This would be not too bad a place to do it, as people are more likely to be seriously thinking about what their type is, but also along those lines a more confusing place to do it...since people are trying to analyze themselves or get help from amateurs who may or may not have a truly clinical, objective mindset.

No offense intended.

Still, yeah, it..sort of..got Fi/Te right. Sort of, because I consider Ni-Se the most vital part of my Jungian type by far, and T and F are things that are.. there.. so I'm Ni-Se with a T flavoring and an F that doesn't show up as much.

Yeah, I feel that. Ne is definitely the function that dominates my personality HAHA. Dominant intuition is great but sometimes it can be both a blessing and a curse, huh? Although I do think Fi is also a huge part of my type. But yeah the one thing I like about Astrology > MBTI is that you don't have people mistyping themselves because all you have to do is go by birth date. You don't get EFJs walking around thinking they're INTJs (yes, this has happened before :ack!:). Thankfully when I first discovered MBTI I tested as ENFP which proved to actually be accurate after educating myself... XD My friend tested as ISTP before she found out she was actually ISFP. Fun times.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Years of internet research, thousands of sources. All I can really say is that the chart is correct. Keep in mind that each of the individual 360 degrees has a unique character; just because Fe is at 23.5 degrees Capricorn does not mean that the whole sign of Capricorn has an Fe influence.

Why do you refuse to provide that information in this thread so I can actually judge it for myself?

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I feel that. Ne is definitely the function that dominates my personality HAHA. Dominant intuition is great but sometimes it can be both a blessing and a curse, huh?

Decidedly. It's hard to translate the ether.

Although I do think Fi is also a huge part of my type. But yeah the one thing I like about Astrology > MBTI is that you don't have people mistyping themselves because all you have to do is go by birth date. You don't get EFJs walking around thinking they're INTJs (yes, this has happened before :ack!:).

Yes, ohhhh yes, it has. :rofl1:

I mean yeah, I'm a Scorpio by the astrological sign dates. I don't agree with all of the description, at least what I've seen of it; I would probably have to have my chart read, and I'd like to get this done by someone with no face to face contact with me so I can be sure they aren't reading me some other way.

I seem to remember getting a chart done as a kid; maybe if I can find it when I'm home...

Thankfully when I first discovered MBTI I tested as ENFP which proved to actually be accurate after educating myself... XD My friend tested as ISTP before she found out she was actually ISFP. Fun times.

I tested as INTP. Since then I've noted that I vary in behavior on the J/P front, and I consider myself a mix of spontaneous and planned. While giving it the better part of a year's worth of thought, it became clear that I am an Ni type with a T leaning rather than a Ti type with an N leaning, based both in history and the way I have evolved to think today, so INTJ - by functions - is more correct.

Meh. I agree (I think someone said it up in a previous post) that I'd like to see more of a study into enneagram correlation with the astrological signs, because I think that would lead deeper places. How many scorpios are 5s? It'd be interesting to know.

On the other hand, gauging if someone's enneatyped correctly to figure out if their data is correct..

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Meh. I agree (I think someone said it up in a previous post) that I'd like to see more of a study into enneagram correlation with the astrological signs, because I think that would lead deeper places. How many scorpios are 5s? It'd be interesting to know.

On the other hand, gauging if someone's enneatyped correctly to figure out if their data is correct..

I could only imagine, since there's 18 possibilities plus tritypes...LOL.

The only two Scorpios I can recall are both NFJ 2s, with the I being 2w1 and the E being 2w3. Actually I know two other Scorpios that are both IFPs. The INFP is also 2w3 and the ISFP is 9w1. The thing is that I'm pretty sure they're all 9s and 2s in their tritype (although the ISFP may have a 4 heart fix). But they're all women so maybe some Scorpio men will bring a bunch of 5s to the table since I think 5 exists more in men than in women. This is interesting to think about, though!

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could only imagine, since there's 18 possibilities plus tritypes...LOL.

The only two Scorpios I can recall are both NFJ 2s, with the I being 2w1 and the E being 2w3. Actually I know two other Scorpios that are both IFPs. The INFP is also 2w3 and the ISFP is 9w1. The thing is that I'm pretty sure they're all 9s and 2s in their tritype (although the ISFP may have a 4 heart fix). But they're all women so maybe some Scorpio men will bring a bunch of 5s to the table since I think 5 exists more in men than in women. This is interesting to think about, though!

..heh..

I do tritype myself as 592, for what it's worth. 9w8 (I used to think 9w1), 2w3, but the 5 has both wings.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
..heh..

I do tritype myself as 592, for what it's worth. 9w8 (I used to think 9w1), 2w3, but the 5 has both wings.

......oh my god. I think we may be onto something.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe. Though I don't see why 9, exactly.

You mean you don't see why 9 would be linked to Scorpio? Yeah, me either haha. It's funny that you have 2 and 9 in your type, though. Interesting connection. I don't know much about Astrology except for Cancer because that's the only sign I've remotely dabbled in (probably since it's my own), but aren't Scorpios depicted as determined and strong-willed people? I love 9s but I totally get why you don't see why 9 would be associated with them LOL.

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You mean you don't see why 9 would be linked to Scorpio? Yeah, me either haha. It's funny that you have 2 and 9 in your type, though. Interesting connection. I don't know much about Astrology except for Cancer because that's the only sign I've remotely dabbled in (probably since it's my own), but aren't Scorpios depicted as determined and strong-willed people? I love 9s but I totally get why you don't see why 9 would be associated with them LOL.

I see 8s, 2s, and 5s (in that order) as the most likely Scorpios, at least as I've seen the horoscopic descriptions tend to go, because they're rejection triaders and tend to be power-seekers. Then 4, and then 3. Add in 1 as a possibility.

Seeking harmony, though.. I don't know. I enjoy 9s too and have a few as really good friends, but I haven't seen a lot of power hunger in them. I've started an thread lately, looking for feedback, on 9s and seeking power, and I am still trying to piece together the connection to soul child 3. It looks fairly daoist to me so far.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you run us through the chart? I'm not sure if I understand it... what's "Ie" or "le" on Sagittarius?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I'm a Capricorn INFP 5w4 sx/sp melancholic-choleric so that makes it triple-awkward when the OP suggests I'm an Fe type lol.

At least he got one letter right.

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ie is extraverted intuition. The program I used to make the chart shows a capitalized i as l. Also, I got all of the letters right; I'm sorry if you don't understand.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ie is extraverted intuition. The program I used to make the chart shows a capitalized i as l. Also, I got all of the letters right; I'm sorry if you don't understand.

Ah. Maybe if it had a legend I wouldn't be as confused.

Illuminator_777

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a page that explains most of the chart at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

td50137_fry-not-sure-if-trolling-jpg.72209

And that's how much effort I am going to put into this from now on. You're not interested in telling me how you arrived at your conclusions, I am now going to consider you a troll.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

How I'd map the types based on descriptions:

Capricorn 3!, 1, 6
Aquarius 7!, 3, 2
Pisces 4!, 9, 6
Aries 8!, 6, 7
Taurus 2!, 6, 8
Gemini 3!, 4, 7
Cancer 6, 2
Leo 7!, 8, 3
Virgo 1!, 2, 6
Libra 9!
Scorpio 8, 3, 4
Saggitaurus 6, 7, 8

Something like that.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, I'm a Gemini ISTP 5w6 so/sp...which is a strange enough combination to say the least. :wtf::rly???: But, since as a Gemini, I'm supposed to have a dual personality, I'm used to it by now. I don't fit into the flightiness/social butterfly aspects of Gemini, but a good portion of it fits.