User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which of these type groupings is most useful for you?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • is-in-es-en (xx--)

    6 11.32%
  • it-if-et-ef (x-x-)

    1 1.89%
  • ip-ij-ep-ej (x--x)

    8 15.09%
  • st-sf-nt-nf (-xx-)

    15 28.30%
  • sp-sj-np-nj (-x-x)

    13 24.53%
  • tp-tj-fp-fj (--xx)

    10 18.87%
First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 52

  1. #41
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    I came back to review the replies, I appreciate the replies and everyone's involvement in here a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #42
    Senior Member Llewellyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    330

    Default

    is-in-es-en (xx--)

    because I'd like to see an IN grouping. And often I think in these terms in myself. E.g. EN being half introverted and IS being half extraverted.
    INtj | 9w1

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I've been using NP SP TJ FJ lately, because it relates to our actual primary functions.

  4. #44
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's a tie between -xx- and x--x.
    Definitely not.
    NTP and STP are more in tune than NTP and NTJ.
    Foul understanding of P and J causes this confusion.

    Four groups:
    __TP
    _N_J
    __FP
    _S_J

    Or:
    _N_P
    _S_P
    __FJ
    __TJ

    I haven't decided which I like better.
    we fukin won boys

  5. #45
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I've been using NP SP TJ FJ lately, because it relates to our actual primary functions.
    You're wrong.
    It's not actual. It's obvious.

    Get a damned clue Flak.

    ISTJ has Si primary -- we on the outside are not equipped well enough to detect the products of the ISTJ's Si because it's introverted, and doesn't respond to the environment first. It responds, and cooperates with the self.
    Individualism comes into play here. It's why Introverts often prefer interaction with intimate friends to the general public -- their intimate friends know how to 'read them'. They've developed a sense of what to expect and what things mean.

    An ISTJ with a habit of flipping a coin when he's uncomfortable, won't be accounted for by anyone except those who'd learned the ISTJ. Even when it's noticed without lucid awareness.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #46
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    I chose ip-ij-ep-ej (x--x) because those are the functions I see first,
    but I actually don't use any of the groupings listed.

    I use: NF, NT, SJ & SP for groupings.

  7. #47
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I think I've used all of them at some point, but the most useful ones seem to be IJ, IP, EJ, EP, and NJ, SP, SJ, NJ.

    TJ, FJ, TP, FP, is okay, as is IT, IF, EF, ET.

    I'll never get over how many misconceptions I got from lumping together all four NT types, and all four NF types. They couldn't be more different from each other.

    I generally only end up getting to know Introverts very well, though, so I don't know what works with Extraverts.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You're wrong.
    It's not actual. It's obvious.

    Get a damned clue Flak.

    ISTJ has Si primary -- we on the outside are not equipped well enough to detect the products of the ISTJ's Si because it's introverted, and doesn't respond to the environment first. It responds, and cooperates with the self.
    Individualism comes into play here. It's why Introverts often prefer interaction with intimate friends to the general public -- their intimate friends know how to 'read them'. They've developed a sense of what to expect and what things mean.

    An ISTJ with a habit of flipping a coin when he's uncomfortable, won't be accounted for by anyone except those who'd learned the ISTJ. Even when it's noticed without lucid awareness.
    I thought you understood. Apparently not. The ISTJ is less concerned with their environment than the ISTP because get this: Thinking is the ISTJ's primary function, and Sensing is the ISTP's.

  9. #49
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I thought you understood. Apparently not. The ISTJ is less concerned with their environment than the ISTP because get this: Thinking is the ISTJ's primary function, and Sensing is the ISTP's.
    Oh man...
    It's here too.

    No buddy, Thinking is not first.
    You have been misled because Thinking for the ISTJ is the easiest to notice. Sensing is harder to notice because it's introverted and expressed in a non-community defined fashion.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #50
    Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    697

    Default

    They're all useful for recognizing certain behavioral patterns.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] How to regcognize the type of a personn
    By Sabara in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 06:25 PM
  2. How to differentiate the four TP types?
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM
  3. [MBTItm] ESFP/ENFP - how to get the ESFP off the ENFP?
    By Twixt in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
  4. How well do you fit one of the 16 types?
    By Ilah in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
  5. What is the point of the 16-Types?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO