User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default Spatial skill & function

Do you think the spatial skill (or the ability to perceive a space correctly) is related to any MBTI function?

example: A person goes to a new house and after a while is able to draw excactly right layout of the house (even of a very complex layout). I would call that skill a ability to perceive and observe the space / spatial skill.

Would Se possibly be connected with that skill?

I know somebody who does this and I would say this person is quite certainly ESTP and a VERY balanced one. So in that case I would connected spatial skill to Se.

MBTI
    TiSe

Lenore Thomson says that it is found in the Ti function. So if your ESTP acquaintance as you say, is quite balanced that would make sense. I have noticed it in those diagnosed with autism. Since it is a right brain function, I wonder whether autistic people overuse their right brain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Here's what Hartzler & Hartzler say about Se & Ti in the booklet Functions of type:

"Extraverted Sensing (Se), the Scout part of us, is perceiving process that focuses on the tanglible reality around us. The Scout primarily relies on "as is" information taken in from the external world thorugh the five senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and tasting. The Scout absorbs the details of the environment objectively, meaningn that the Scoult doesn't evaluate or react to the data but recognizes that "what is, is"."

Whereas they say about Ti:
    "Introverted Thinking (ti) organizes infromation according to an internal framework, model or blueprint. It logically prioritizes these categories in termsof decision to be made. Then the person using Introverted Thinkin makes decisions based on the priority of the category that the applicable data is in."

So maybe spatial skill is related to Se taking in information and Ti organizing it to a blueprint? In this case it would be the details of the layout of the house and then organizing the information to a layout. So, the skill would be combination of Se & Ti?

Se and Ti working together to accomplish this task makes sense. Of course, I don't think someone with a lower visuospatial intelligence would be able to draw any complex floor plans.

But maybe high-functioning Se and Ti is also positively correlated with high visuospatial intelligence?

I do not think that this has anything to do with Se. My Se is undeniably poor, yet my visuospatial skills are very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Lenore Thomson says that it is found in the Ti function. So if your ESTP acquaintance as you say, is quite balanced that would make sense. I have noticed it in those diagnosed with autism. Since it is a right brain function, I wonder whether autistic people overuse their right brain.
    This seems to be the most reasonable explanation.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i would think Te would be good for this.