• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spatial skill & function

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Do you think the spatial skill (or the ability to perceive a space correctly) is related to any MBTI function?

example: A person goes to a new house and after a while is able to draw excactly right layout of the house (even of a very complex layout). I would call that skill a ability to perceive and observe the space / spatial skill.

Would Se possibly be connected with that skill?

I know somebody who does this and I would say this person is quite certainly ESTP and a VERY balanced one. So in that case I would connected spatial skill to Se.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Lenore Thomson says that it is found in the Ti function. So if your ESTP acquaintance as you say, is quite balanced that would make sense. I have noticed it in those diagnosed with autism. Since it is a right brain function, I wonder whether autistic people overuse their right brain.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Here's what Hartzler & Hartzler say about Se & Ti in the booklet Functions of type:

"Extraverted Sensing (Se), the Scout part of us, is perceiving process that focuses on the tanglible reality around us. The Scout primarily relies on "as is" information taken in from the external world thorugh the five senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and tasting. The Scout absorbs the details of the environment objectively, meaningn that the Scoult doesn't evaluate or react to the data but recognizes that "what is, is"."

Whereas they say about Ti:
"Introverted Thinking (ti) organizes infromation according to an internal framework, model or blueprint. It logically prioritizes these categories in termsof decision to be made. Then the person using Introverted Thinkin makes decisions based on the priority of the category that the applicable data is in."

So maybe spatial skill is related to Se taking in information and Ti organizing it to a blueprint? In this case it would be the details of the layout of the house and then organizing the information to a layout. So, the skill would be combination of Se & Ti?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Se and Ti working together to accomplish this task makes sense. Of course, I don't think someone with a lower visuospatial intelligence would be able to draw any complex floor plans.

But maybe high-functioning Se and Ti is also positively correlated with high visuospatial intelligence? :)

MerkW

I do not think that this has anything to do with Se. My Se is undeniably poor, yet my visuospatial skills are very strong.

Lenore Thomson says that it is found in the Ti function. So if your ESTP acquaintance as you say, is quite balanced that would make sense. I have noticed it in those diagnosed with autism. Since it is a right brain function, I wonder whether autistic people overuse their right brain.
This seems to be the most reasonable explanation.