• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Roommates Think ISFP Performers Are Possessed By the Devil

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:shock:

I happened to overhear a comical conversation between my roommate and his friend, in which he was claiming that performers such as Beyonce and Michael Jackson, and I suppose someone like Eminem or David Bowie would be included into this, people who "become someone else" on stage, who are usually quieter or shyer or different otherwise, are possessed by the devil.

I was struck by how everyone they mentioned was probably an ISFP performer, and was also thinking in my head of how many times I've told people about how when I was a kid I felt more comfortable on stage than I did meeting new people or in groups, and probably my success as an exotic dancer, and even my gregarious Internet persona are related to this tendency as well.

And it made me wonder, why are all these people ISFPs? Is this a coincidence?

I didn't want to talk about it with them because I wasn't feeling up to a make-shift exorcism.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're telling me! Acting didn't work out for me because of my tendency to overact. This is so familiar.

I'll be back later with more thoughts.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well now that you mention it... :devil:

I have always felt that I have two sides to my personality, one I have to suppress as it is too outrageous, too foolish, too antagonistic, too mean, too affectionate, too "out there". So I just stay quiet, hoping it doesn't slip out and cause embarrassment.

wolfy

awsm
It is nice to have fun. And an area where you have skill is the best place to let that all out.
... all that skill, you got down at the crossroads.