• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type questionnaire

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The idea behind this thread is for members to answer these questions, and to preface them with your type and a little bit of information (Gender, Age, MBTI, enneagram, socionics, Big 5, anything you can do to inform us of what you are). Then other people can come in and read the answers; and this could help with typing themselves or others.

Anyway, here are the questions-

1) How do you generally present yourself to people in different situations (such as with friends, family, in public, workspace, etc)?

a. What is/are the reason(s) for presenting that image of yourself?
b. What are things you keep repressed from being shown to people?
c. Why do you repress them?

2) If you could fully reveal how you want to talk, act, behave, or be, what would that look like?

3) What personality qualities do you generally hate about people?

a. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the same-sex who you heavily dislike.
b. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the opposite-sex who you heavily dislike.

4) Are there any qualities that you dislike in other people that you find in yourself? What are they?

5) What personality qualities do you generally like about people?

a. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the same-sex who you really like.
b. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the opposite-sex who you really like.

6) How do you normally interact with the opposite-sex upon first meeting or first impression?

a. If the first impression of the person/meeting was positive, why?
b. If the first impression of the person/meeting was negative, why?

7) What were your parents like in YOUR perspective when you were a child ages 4-12 and how or in what way do you feel they have affected or influenced you (whether negatively or positively)?

9) Are you currently depressed and if so, how long have you been depressed?

b. During the depressive state, if applicable, are you more prone to centering attention to yourself than you would ordinarily do?

10) Have you ever acted compulsively with no awareness or control? For example, you become overly concerned with people or things around you that you would ordinarily not care about. (This does not have to be in a form of anger. It could be you becoming much more obsessive over someone or developing unusual addictions to drugs and/or alcohols or anything similar to that effect.)

11) Whenever you are heavily stressed out and pushed over the edge to extreme points, what is your general response? It could be anger, sadness, isolation, violence, etc.

12) (Free Write or Mind Dump question) State what you see as the major key events in your life and your response to each of them at the time.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So this is supposed to be more of an one-size-fits-all kind of thing to be used regardless of the type system the person wishes to be typed in?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyway, here are the questions-

1) How do you generally present yourself to people in different situations (such as with friends, family, in public, workspace, etc)?
Intelligent, kind, competent, calm, considerate, logical, reliable, flexible, easygoing, quiet, thoughtful

a. What is/are the reason(s) for presenting that image of yourself?
Combination of:
It's just natural for me, I'm expected to be that way (e.g. in the workplace), want people will think well of me

b. What are things you keep repressed from being shown to people?
Anger, dislike of other people unless you've seriously provoked me

c. Why do you repress them?
Don't want others to get angry at me.
Don't want my relations with others to be threatened
Don't want to lose my job
Don't want to make a fool of myself

2) If you could fully reveal how you want to talk, act, behave, or be, what would that look like?
All the qualities in #1 but a little more 'out there' I'd be a little less inhibited about expressing anger or contrary views or my esoteric interests. :)

3) What personality qualities do you generally hate about people?
Arrogance, rudeness, stupidity, thoughtlessness, wishy-washy, unreliable, rigidity, closed mindedness

a. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the same-sex who you heavily dislike.
b. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the opposite-sex who you heavily dislike.

For a and b, can't think of any one particular person. Basically, any combination of the above

4) Are there any qualities that you dislike in other people that you find in yourself? What are they?
I can be a bit indecisive and wishy-washy at times
Also I can be rigid in that once I've finally made up my mind on something, I don't like to be talked out of it

5) What personality qualities do you generally like about people?

a. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the same-sex who you really like.
b. Describe the personality qualities of a person of the opposite-sex who you really like.

Sex doesn't matter. I like the following qualities: intelligent, kind, creative, not afraid to stand up for one-self, confident but humble, open minded, considerate, tolerant, curiosity, sense of humor

6) How do you normally interact with the opposite-sex upon first meeting or first impression?

I'm kind of shy at first but once I'm more comfortable with out, I'll start opening up more

a. If the first impression of the person/meeting was positive, why?
Other person showed interest in me without being overly gushy or pushy about it

b. If the first impression of the person/meeting was negative, why?
Person did not appear to show much interest in me or the opposite where person tries too hard and comes on too strong or is too pushy about wanting to go further in a relationship

7) What were your parents like in YOUR perspective when you were a child ages 4-12 and how or in what way do you feel they have affected or influenced you (whether negatively or positively)?

I thought they knew everything

I loved them dearly even if they were kind of strict

Taught me what good manners and proper/improper way to behave were. I didn't have much clue as a young child. I was Aspergers.
Taught me value of being tolerant of other peoples' differences
I got my goofy sense of humor from them- mostly my father

On the negative side, sometimes they worried too much about how they were perceived by others and were telling me things like 'now don't make a fool of yourself'. Those insecurities I also wrestle with.

Sometimes they seem kind of lazy and unambitious. I can be like that too at times.

My father is rather distant emotionally. So am I.

Note: You skipped #8. Is that part of the test? :wink:

9) Are you currently depressed and if so, how long have you been depressed?

I've had an occasional depressive episode but not full-fledged depression. Everyone has ups and downs.

b. During the depressive state, if applicable, are you more prone to centering attention to yourself than you would ordinarily do?

Yes

10) Have you ever acted compulsively with no awareness or control? For example, you become overly concerned with people or things around you that you would ordinarily not care about. (This does not have to be in a form of anger. It could be you becoming much more obsessive over someone or developing unusual addictions to drugs and/or alcohols or anything similar to that effect.)

Sort of. If I'm in a funk, I can go into negative thinking loops about myself that at the time are difficult to snap out of.
I don't get angry much, but when I do, the anger itself feels uncontrollable.

Sometimes, I become really interested in a certain topic, and it's hard to pull my attention away from it.

11) Whenever you are heavily stressed out and pushed over the edge to extreme points, what is your general response? It could be anger, sadness, isolation, violence, etc.

Probably a combination of these.

I've been in angry episodes, where I yell and scream at other people and slam doors.

Or I just overly obsess about meaningless things.

I'm rarely in moments of extreme stress.

12) (Free Write or Mind Dump question) State what you see as the major key events in your life and your response to each of them at the time.

I don't really have anything interesting to add here besides the usual things like graduation, first job, etc. and I think my reactions were pretty typical. Glad to be done with school but also miss it. Enjoy the money and feeling adult (first job) but also anxious about performing well and bored with my tasks.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So this is supposed to be more of an one-size-fits-all kind of thing to be used regardless of the type system the person wishes to be typed in?

Yes. It's so that a person can come in, see what types you fall into, and then read your answers to get some clarity.

Also I'm honestly not sure where #8 is lol.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. It's so that a person can come in, see what types you fall into, and then read your answers to get some clarity.

Also I'm honestly not sure where #8 is lol.

Makes sense. In terms of MBTI I find that seeing how people reason how to answer the questions matter more than the questions you pose anyway. I am not sure about enneagram and instincts though. Socionics can be approached similar to the MBTI.