User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    SDFS
    Enneagram
    SDF

Default How do you know if a woman is a thinker or a feeler?

It's hard for me to tell whether a woman prefers feeling or thinking. I perceive most of them as feelers. I believe majority of men think and women feel. It's easy for me to spot feeling men, though. But thinking women--IDK. I have a hard time distinguishing those preferences with women. When I see a girl cry I immediately think of her as feeler. So I perceive most of the girls I know as feelers. I know it's a bad basis for judgement. And that's why I'm asking this question right now.

Any advice on how to figure out the T/F preferences on girls?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I actually don't think it's that simple because thinking has nothing to do with logic and feeling nothing to do with emotions and it's unfortunate people make that connection because Jung picked two easily misinterpreted words.

Thinking and feeling are simply ways we judge and evaluate incoming perception data where thinking does so impersonally and feeling based on values of say, good and bad. Feels like you're mostly operating on certain gender stereotypes here. I wouldn't be surprised if the gender divide between T/F is actually more even than people think it is.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Femininity took on a more "feeling" kind of characteristic, because women were more "personal" from being the mothers and nurturers (while men were the workers and protectors, so were more "impersonal").
    Still, the true preference comes out when not acting in those roles. If a woman is more impersonal, going against that traditional image, that is a sign they may be a T. Barring NFJ, if they are "directive" in communication, they are a T.

I had to learn this, as I grew up under ISTJ parents, and they fit the typical stereotype with her being sweet and nurturing, and him being more "impersonal", but as I became older, she became more cold, as her true preference was coming out (and she then became less into the family, as she tried to "find herself" in a business career).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Not sure, but I strongly advise against asking her.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I say just operate under your existing assumptions, and see how far you can take it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

About 2/3 of males prefer T and about 2/3 of females prefer F. So if you always assume male = T and female = F, you'll be right the majority of the time but you will still have mistyped a sizeable amount of people.

I'm sure societal expectations play some role in the differences in T/F percentages between the two genders.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post
    It's hard for me to tell whether a woman prefers feeling or thinking. I perceive most of them as feelers. I believe majority of men think and women feel. It's easy for me to spot feeling men, though. But thinking women--IDK. I have a hard time distinguishing those preferences with women. When I see a girl cry I immediately think of her as feeler. So I perceive most of the girls I know as feelers. I know it's a bad basis for judgement. And that's why I'm asking this question right now.

Any advice on how to figure out the T/F preferences on girls?
    What about when men get filled with aggression? Or get excited at football games?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    What about when men get filled with aggression? Or get excited at football games?
    What about a guy filled with aggression, kicks another guy's ass, and then afterwards, cries for his wife?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Feelers in general, seem to exude more *warmth* than thinkers. Thinkers can be just as nice but with a sense of distance attached. I guess there's a personableness that lacks with thinking women or at least it doesn't come out immediately.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Garthur17 View Post
    Everyone thinks AND feels. Everyone cries, or at least feels like it sometime. Men are just raised not to do it, at least in public, while women are allowed to express this more freely, so crying itself is not a reliable barometer of T/F. Look at whether she pays more attention to objective/impersonal or subjective/personal criteria; also, whether she seems more interested in people/relationships, or things/systems. The other pointers offered can help as well.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...