User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    You have unlocked our secret. Prepare to die, Bamboo.
    You know what it is black and yellow black and yellow

Ummmmm....but aside from *that* one other thing I thought of was that if you're in a bad area you have an incentive to look tough or gangsta because it reduces your chances of being attacked. If you look weak, people will try to mess with you.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Because it seems very much like they all want to be gangsters, and your archetypal gangster is a black ESTP (or ISTP I guess).
    what is your point of reference for saying they all seem to want to be gangsters? I also think it's interesting that being a gangster is now viewed as a black thing when the real archetypal gangsters were everything but black. There were largely Asian and Italian. There was also the Russian the Irish and even Jewish large organized crime organizations. The concept of Black or African American gangsters is relatively new compared to those previously listed. When you think about it more "White people " fit the stereotype of a true archetypal gangster than black people do. Even if we are looking at the Us gang violence existed in cities soon after the revolution.Blacks were enslaved so you can't give them much credit for that.

The archetypal gangster you allude to didn't really exists until around 1960's. I don't think it a coincidence that it coincides with the civil right movement. Black people were often misrepresented in the media around that time( continues today). Most depictions of black people in the media were negative. That's not to say that there weren't black people committing crimes but the media framed it in such a way to increase "white fear". I feel there is truth to the gratification of the gangster in the African american community but I also disagree that it is what most would aspire to be.One of the largest mediums of gangster glorification today is the music industry. A large number of African Americans can relate to rap because a lot of them have grown up in that environment. Even if they do not intend to perpetuate the acts associated with gang life they can relate to gang mentality. The us vs them get money over anything else kill to survive way of thinking.It may not be apparent in the langue they use and they way that they dress but most strive to escape that lifestyle. No one really want to live in a low income area. No one really want's to grow up to become a criminal but some (because of their economic standing, lack education, personal situations ect) feel as tho they have no other option. There is also the realization that they will be viewed with cretin biased because of their ethnicity that brings about a feelings of helplessness. Gangs and organized crime become an arena to succeed and reclaim power.In addition 70% of hip hop and rap consumers are white so I don't think it is a black or white thing entirely.I believe the glorification of a gangster life style is a result of certain aspects of that way of life becoming mainstream.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I am the blackest of all of the black motherfuckers.

sheit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

If anything, ESTP's make up most of asian bboy community.

I've always associated your loud obnoxious black person with ENFP's. At least, the black ENFP's like to make it extremely clear to everyone just how incredibly black they are. So maybe those are the only black people I'm aware of.

Stansmith

I've always tried to be accepted for my black ENFP self in one way or another.

Sensor-dominance in rap died a while ago. Being intuitive and/or a Feeler is actually trendy in hip hop now thanks to Kanye, Drake, Tyler the Creator, kendrik lamar, etc. Alot of popular rappers today are 'gangsters', but they're not held in the same esteem as those guys.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    If anything, ESTP's make up most of asian bboy community.

I've always associated your loud obnoxious black person with ENFP's. At least, the black ENFP's like to make it extremely clear to everyone just how incredibly black they are. So maybe those are the only black people I'm aware of.

Contemporary black humor is more ESxP trying to imitate Ne:

Honestly though, ESxP is considered ideal among all races in the US; it's not specific to black people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I've always tried to be accepted for my black ENFP self in one way or another.

Sensor-dominance in rap died a while ago. Being intuitive and/or a Feeler is actually trendy in hip hop now thanks to Kanye, Drake, Tyler the Creator, kendrik lamar, etc. Alot of popular rappers today are 'gangsters', but they're not held in the same esteem as those guys.
    That's probably why the earlier "hardcore" rappers at one point declared hiphop "dead" (This led by Nas). I had stopped following rap by that point, and from what I was told, it was this southern style that focused more on dance that they felt was "bubblegum" and had killed the genre.
    (To me, gangsta is what destroyed the positive potential of rap, as it just reinforces the very negative stereotypes of the community we are hearing belted out in full force from the Right, especially now in the aftermath of Trayvon and all the routine hatred of Obama. I liked the "message" style of 30 years ago).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas