Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Are ISxx Types Predictably Stable

You know, with all the predictive stability crap, the really sad part is, lots of people accuse me of being a slow ISxx. No, this cannot be my destiny! But anyway, I'm wondering, are ISxx types the most stable and grounded down-to-earth people on the planet? Because it seems to me that of all the 16 MBTI types, those 4 are the most moderate and least extreme types when it comes to overall enthusiasm and energy expressed in their ideas. They also seem very much into inaction and laziness rather than radical rebellion and unleashed tenacity. I guess you could create a whole legion of repititious robots comprised of these 4 types. Will they ever expand into greater ways? Will ISxx types ever explore the edge of endlessness? Can ISxx types ascend the mountain of transformation? Are ISxx types predictably stable?

No, I'm a fuckup (working on it).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What a strange question.

Am I usually physically stable? Yes. I am really good at securing my own physical stability; but not in the normative, every-day-is-the-same cautious way of some ISxJs I've known.

It's more like I'm this person that people expect to be able to borrow money from, or pay for their phone calls from jail, or answer my phone when they call, or who will trust me to leave me partially in charge of their house, or invite me into their family.

I think there's something about being IxFP that may invite this kind of cross between implicit trust and attempting to take advantage, though.

I'm almost appalled when people don't trust me. I have keys to other people's apartments, etc.

But I think you may be thinking of ISTJs, honestly.

I mean I'm the sort that can disappear for two days, or decide to move to another state, so I'm not sure this is the kind of predictable stability you're talking about.

I really think you're talking about Si doms, especially average to healthy ISTJs.

By the way, Raptor, you probably just sit around and dream about Yoda and ascended masters. This isn't rebellion in the Se sense (either ISP or ESP). I was probably doing crazier shit than most people when I was only 8. I could give you a life story, but it's unnecessary. I'm almost 36 now though. If I, personally, come across as someone "stable", it's only because I've been there, done that. There's a time for everything.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    By the way, Raptor, you probably just sit around and dream about Yoda and ascended masters. This isn't rebellion in the Se sense (either ISP or ESP). I was probably doing crazier shit than most people when I was only 8. I could give you a life story, but it's unnecessary. I'm almost 36 now though. If I, personally, come across as someone "stable", it's only because I've been there, done that. There's a time for everything.
    I agree with this, as well. I think Se rebellion is living out IRL Id experiences, at least in youth, it's the one thing I agree with about the Personality Page descriptions.

I think Se types might actually want to do things.

And yes, any reliability that I have is pretty emotional or relationship-oriented, maybe because of Fi integrity rather than any kind of inherent Se or sensing quality.

On the other hand, with age I have become pretty reliable at doing things like cleaning up or making sure the doors are locked, stuff like that. I'm not sure this is who I was at 20, but it's definitely who I was by 30.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

some of the flakiest people I know have been ISFPs. like a friend who just doesn't show up to plans or makes up really obviously fake excuses because they don't feel like it or found something better to do. and an old ISFP roommate I had would just disappear for long stretches of time and would never explain himself, just really vague, cryptic answers.

and my ISTP boyfriend was/is a huge partier, been arrested a few times, etc so i definitely wouldn't use 'stable' to describe him. he doesn't even keep the same phone number for more than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    he doesn't even keep the same phone number for more than a few months.
    Heh..

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I really think you're talking about Si doms, especially average to healthy ISTJs.
    Yeah... this seems more of an SJ thing rather than ISxx in particular. Si wants stability most of the time, so I'd guess they're the most "predictably stable" types you're going to get.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Physically? Yes. I'm very stable. I like existing in secure spaces, where I can count on things to be a certain way (most of the time); it allows me to relax. But that's about the only kind of stable I could qualify myself as. I'm liable to change my mind about something on a dime (much to the chagrin of everyone I know ), and I have real difficulty predicting how I will feel or react in certain situations, try as I may to prepare for it. Granted, from the outside, you will most likely not see my "unpredictability;" I'm careful about who I share my thoughts and feelings with, and generally like to present a very even-keeled outward appearance to the world, regardless of any inner-craziness. I'm not sure if this is typical or not (but I have a feeling it is... at least for ISxJs, maybe even IxxJs, though I don't really know).