User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

It's a legitimate skill to be enthused and be able to enthuse others. Its probably one of my top skills.

Society

I experience myself as apathetic when others report seen me as enthusiastic. its all very confusing.

The enthusiasm of others can either fly really well or iritate the crap out of me, depending if its insperation source is something i relate too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

If it's forced enthusiasm, I definitely get annoyed. Like they're this rainbow, happy-colored, no-one-is-supposed-be-this-happy type of person who denies reality in favor of enthusiasm. That really annoys me because it is so forced and fake. If the person is naturally enthusiastic, let's-get-this-done type of person, I don't mind, and I do find it attractive. I myself, like other IxFPs it seems, have some trouble getting excited over things. I prefer to show it, though, than speak it when I do, as I think more people ought to do. (I think that's where my annoyance with over-enthusiastic people comes in.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    haha, i was going to post something similar to this. curb that shit!!!

larry david is an inspiration to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It really depends. I generally dislike hyper bubbliness. There is a certain kind of enthusiasm I find wearing. But sometimes I really like it. It's nice to sync excitement with others when it's natural & not coerced. I like when there's a genuine "me too" moment about something you love with someone else.

However, I do resent when people expect me to muster & show feeling over something I don't care about. It doesn't mean I am a grouch; I am simply am not moved. I don't really ask people to be excited for me, so it's not something I readily grasp that others need. It doesn't mean I don't care that they are happy or am trying to devalue it, but I don't feel emotion about it for someone else. It feels strained for me to express anything, then.

If I am genuinely moved or excited, then I will show enthusiasm, but sometimes I still like to go inward with the feeling. When I was younger I was either so content to swim around in my own feeling OR inhibited & mortified of appearing to care, because it felt very vulnerable, that I appeared to not care much at all. But I've gotten more comfortable & natural with expressing emotional responses, and sometimes I muster something so as not to offend.

When I'm really excited about something, I may hasten to be alone with it. If I'm really enthralled it's like everyone around me is blocked out anyway. I'm absorbed with the feeling & it doesn't occur to me to express it in the moment. I think I may have a small smile on my face, because people may notice & ask.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Would you want to describe the excitement it gives?
    Because I tend to respond well to excitement rather than being the one starting it. In general. So it gives me something to play from which is fun, and enthusiasm can create a more positive environment to work, create, play in.

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

Enthusiasm definitely helps me do better work and gives me confidence. When I'm really enthusiastic about something I can run off at the mouth a bit, but most of my friendships are based on shared enthusiasm for our interests and the fact that we all love that enthusiasm in itself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If I'm not bombarded, regardless of how or what over, I'm naturally in a zippy neighborly mode so any kind will beam me up. I might even play along if I feel it is feigned, or otherwise disregard.

"The sun is out--- hello hello, I also have two functioning legs."

thinking of you

Would you prefer to be as enthusiastic as an American, or as laconic as an Australian?

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Would you prefer to be as enthusiastic as an American, or as laconic as an Australian?
    Or as cynic as a French?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI