User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It's very good. I don't think it's type related.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    What's your take on enthusiasm? Is it bad? Is it good? How do different types use it? Do some types not like it at all?

go go go
    Enthusiasm is generally good. I like being around enthusiastic people as long as it's sincere enthusiasm and it's not overrdone enthusiasm.

I am very enthusiastic on the inside but I'm not the most outwardly expressive of my enthusiasm. I don't think I'm all that stoic but I have been told by a few people to let my enthusiasm show more. I resent it when people tell me to express enthusiasm more and doing so would mean going beyond my comfort zone and acting like someone I'm not.

I think almost everyone likes some degree of enthusiasm.
    Extraverts, especially dominant Fe are probably the most outwardly enthusiastic.
    The least outwardly enthusiastic I'm guessing are IXTX types, especially IXTJ because they aren't Fe users either.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm in agreement with many people here. Enthusiasm is a great quality in people.

Hmm...I don't speak for all introverts, but I don't always show my enthusiasm because I typically don't have that much or I do not like to show it. It's a bit odd, but I'm not an easily excitable person. I just don't go through life with as much passion as others. There isn't much I can do about it.
    I find there to be a distinct difference between indifference and apathy and introversion.. Though, admittedly, there are times where introverts blur those lines and I cannot tolerate long spells with them as a result.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If you guys lived in Brazil, you'd end up hating it.

Anyways, depends on the frequency, intensity, noise level, and also how justified is the enthusiasm. If you behave like you've won the lottery every single day, that's sure gonna annoy me.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

well, like any of these threads, "it depends" is the correct answer.

As an isolated trait, it's not my favorite. When I think of "enthusiasm" I think of these really excited people with lots of "get up and go". That's irritating on a lot of levels.

But then we get onto the topic of "define enthusiasm"- someone mentioned the word "passion"- I suppose you can be a very serious person with a lot of interest in one certain subject- which could translate to enthusiasm...

I'm a dabbler, sometimes I can get really excited about something for five minutes. And then be apathetic about the same thing for the rest of my lifetime. So I have this interest/disinterest thing going on. (Probably in the middle of the bell curve.(Yes, suddenly there is a bell curve of enthusiasm. )

Which leads to all these dynamics that lead one to conclude that most people are enthusiastic on some level.

Obviously I don't find joy in being around really depressed and flat people. But that kind of "lack of enthusiasm" needs help.

If someone is *really* enthusiastic about life as a character trait, I generally find it overwhelming. Possibly obnoxious or fake.

(hmm.. actually, in comparison to the other posts in this thread, I'm probably towards the left inthe bell curve. why am I always trying to be in the middle? :/)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Enthusiasm? Do I like it?

YES!

Type related? Possibly, but probably not much.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't mean the Spock sort of stoic.. where that's just the way they are. But what I DO mean is.. you go to a concert for, say, a rock band. Generally, there is yelling, and cheering, and an occasional mosh pit. If everyone just stood there silently and listened to the music the way they listened to it in a vehicle or with headphones on an airplane, it'd be drab and there'd be no real point to the concert. Musicians generally want to see people excited to see them, and know that their music is making an impact big enough for people to cheer in the first place. You go to concerts for the experience.. every person not participating sort of takes away from that experience. If it isn't your thing, that's fine, but why go see it live? Why not watch it on TV or on youtube, or just listen to the album and support them that way? I've seen people even refuse to *clap* during a concert. They don't respond, move, clap, smile, nothing. It's so drab. It's like they caught the flu after they bought the tickets and they'll be damned if they're going to waste money, miserable or not.
    The thing is, I like concerts/festivals. All the stuff happening around can be fun and the food/alcohol is fun. But I have terrible motor coordination; dancing feels completely unnatural to me. And I don't really like yelling or screaming just because someone wants me to. I figure it's alright anyway, since most people are doing all that. I don't have a problem with clapping, but it's always nice when the music was so well played I actually want to clap. I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd recently and they were surprisingly good. I wanted to clap. And nothing really compares to seeing a band live on a big stage with the audio/lighting/electrical system (and even meeting them if you are a step-relative of the promoter ) versus seeing it on youtube or listening to a song...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It depends. I don't like forced Fe enthusiasm. You know, when assholes are like "oh come on, smile." I really hate when strange men say that to me. I want to stab them in the face with a fork.

Genuine enthusiasm is awesome, though. It's good to have passion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    The thing is, I like concerts/festivals. All the stuff happening around can be fun and the food/alcohol is fun. But I have terrible motor coordination; dancing feels completely unnatural to me. And I don't really like yelling or screaming just because someone wants me to. I figure it's alright anyway, since most people are doing all that. I don't have a problem with clapping, but it's always nice when the music was so well played I actually want to clap. I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd recently and they were surprisingly good. I wanted to clap. And nothing really compares to seeing a band live on a big stage with the audio/lighting/electrical system (and even meeting them if you are a step-relative of the promoter ) versus seeing it on youtube or listening to a song...
    You're SURPRISED that Lynard Skynard were good?

Where are you from?

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I love enthusiasm, and enthusiastic, excited, passionate people; they tend to bring it out in me, which is very much appreciated.

I don't understand why this would be type-related, to be honest. Maybe the ways in which enthusiasm is expressed (or not) and taken to, and the difference in those things prompting an enthusiastic response could be type-related, though. I'd think IxTxs would be less-inclined to the enthusiasm of the bouncing-off-the-walls, giddy excitement variety. I dunno.