User Tag List

123 Last

The American Delusion Of Personal Interpretation

The invention of the printing press in 1440 led to the personal interpretation of the Bible and protestantism.

And protestantism colonised the US with personal interpretation.

And personal interpretation is now the default position of the US.

And so we have here the personal interpretation of personality using mbti.

The scientific measurement of personality is called Psychometrics. And we only have to read a little way into Psychometrics to discover that the personal interpretation of personality is a delusion.

And worse, the personal interpretation of personality through mbti is a group delusion.

And just when it seems things couldn't get worse, they do, and the personal interpretation of personality is an American delusion which they are foisting on the rest of the world.

WALMART

inb4lock

It's okay that you don't have a mind to study anything other than the printing press, Victor. We don't judge.

Understanding Media

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    inb4lock

It's okay that you don't have a mind to study anything other than the printing press, Victor. We don't judge.
    I am interested in understanding all media.

As I write we are experiencing the interaction of two media - the printing press of 1440 and the electric telegraph of 1840.

Print, though, is now the content of the electric media. For instance, print in now the content of the electric print with which I am now typing.

And so books are now the content of the electric media.

This has far reaching effects. As books created the literate individual, while the electric media create the electric tribe in the global village.

It's nice, dear robot, that you are non-judgemental, but it would be nicer if you started to think. You might start with, "Understanding Media", by Marshall McLuhan.

Damn Americans!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Subjectivity is delusional? Do tell.

And this was hardly created in the U.S. It actually tends to be Western culture that wants to box in things, though some Eastern like Confucianism are more rigid, it's actually a feature of the West to believe in some black and white namable reality.

This might be your best-argued opening post yet, Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Damn Americans!
    Americans have a disproportionate influence on the world because they have the biggest economy in the world and own, control and print the Reserve Currency of the World.

And as well the Americans have the greatest propaganda system the world has ever seen, started by Edward Bernays and his book called, "Propaganda".

And an article of faith of America is personal interpretation. It started with the personal interpretation of the Bible and is now the default position of American individualism.

How lucky you are to have me to point these things out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Subjectivity is delusional? Do tell.

And this was hardly created in the U.S. It actually tends to be Western culture that wants to box in things, though some Eastern like Confucianism are more rigid, it's actually a feature of the West to believe in some black and white namable reality.
    Yes, dear Marmotini, personal interpretation was not created in the US. Personal interpretation was created in Europe with the printing of the first book, the Bible. And this led to the personal interpretation of the Bible and protestantism. And protestantism colonised America and brought personal interpretation to America, where it is now taken for granted and has a sacred status.

Yes, personal interpretation is the sacred cow of America.

And of course this is changing with the advent of the electronic media and the creation of electronic tribalism, based on etribal feeling and etribal interpretation.

Yes, personal interpretation is now the content of etribal interpretation.

Look, the etribe of Typology Central is now talking about personal interpretation.

Personal interpretation is now the content of etribal interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This might be your best-argued opening post yet, Victor.
    I always write with you in mind, dear Nicodemus.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Victor are you objecting to how individualistic Americans are?

I mean I agree that the Bible can be interpreted in some really weird ways, and it's usually interpreted better by educated people for its actual meaning, and I can tell you flatly that I really didn't understand some concepts in the New Testament without studying Taoism and Zen Buddhism.

However, there are interpretations of religions in other countries that are different, it's not like the U.S. is the only place with different sects of Christianity.

I'm sure you've heard of the different groups of Muslims, and know that there's a difference between Buddhists and Zen Buddhists, and then the different groups which exist inside of those interpretations.

I think you may have made an error in reasoning, Victor.

Unless you're complaining that in the U.S. people deviate from what you consider the supreme ideal of Western philosophical logic.