User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I don't need reliability or science to be able to use my eyes and I don't need science to try and tell me how I should use them.
    If there is anything science has taught us is that our eyes deceive us. For instance, our eyes tell us that the Sun goes round the Earth, but science tells us that the Earth goes round the Sun.

And this is true of almost all of science. Of course it is offensive to our narcissism to be told we can't trust our own eyes. However pseudo science comes to the rescue, and asks us, if we can't trust our own eyes, what can we trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If there is anything science has taught us is that our eyes deceive us. For instance, our eyes tell us that the Sun goes round the Earth, but science tells us that the Earth goes round the Sun.

And this is true of almost all of science. Of course it is offensive to our narcissism to be told we can't trust our own eyes. However pseudo science comes to the rescue, and asks us, if we can't trust our own eyes, what can we trust?
    Well you can't trust science either in this example because it could be argued that the sun rotates as well. We could be rotating around the sun as it rotates around us. Or the sun could be orbiting around an inner axis, as we rotate around it. I find it hard to believe that somehow the sun is fixed in some axis of rotation. Our galaxy could also be rotating around an inner galaxy, etc. In fact, that would probably be the smarter conclusion, albeit it's more complex because its conclusion is inconclusive. Science really hates that; whenever such things come up, Science simply says it's impossible for one reason or another without even considering or looking. And yet, Science will say it knows the truth and is above religion.

And you're just proving my point now. I'll take my mind's eye over science; it's smarter, is often more insightful, and can glean wisdom about reality, whereas your science is empty and shallow as it deals in lifeless certainty and conformity by expecting that only if we agree on something, can it be true. I embrace what it means to be alive, while you demand/expect that it succumbs and withers away to science. How sad that you have no appreciation for what your ability to perceive the world does for reality.