User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Science regards personal interpretation as merely anecdotal and of no scientific validity.
    Nice strawman. I didn't say it has scientific validity. I said it's a stage within the scientific method. And it is. If people couldn't form their own interpretations, own old interpretations would never be challenged and we'd be unable to make any progress in our knowledge. Surely you're not arguing on behalf of stagnation, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Nice strawman. I didn't say it has scientific validity. I said it's a stage within the scientific method. And it is. If people couldn't form their own interpretations, own old interpretations would never be challenged and we'd be unable to make any progress in our knowledge. Surely you're not arguing on behalf of stagnation, are you?
    For 200,000 years we had personal interpretation and we believed the Sun went round the Earth.

Personal interpretation led us into stagnation for 200,000 years, but in the 17th and 18th centuries the Enlightenment led us out of personal interpretation into evidence and reason.

But still, the protestant reformation of 1517 is still with us and so is personal testimony.

And personal testimony is an authority that can't be challenged by evidence and reason.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Looks lets just get this straight, American and Canadian women are more attractive than Australian women.

I introduce as exhibit A a comparison between Victor's and Fidelia's avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Looks lets just get this straight, American and Canadian women are more attractive than Australian women.

I introduce as exhibit A a comparison between Victor's and Fidelia's avatars.
    Perhaps a more interesting personal interpretation would ask, who is the more attractive, Fidelia or Victor?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Perhaps a more interesting personal interpretation would ask, who is the more attractive, Fidelia or Victor?
    Dude, seriously, such a comparison is a grevious sin and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Dude, seriously, such a comparison is a grevious sin and error.
    I am prepared, willing and able, for the face-off between Fidelia and Victor. Let the people decide who is the more attractive.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I am prepared, willing and able, for the face-off between Fidelia and Victor. Let the people decide who is the more attractive.
    The people?!

Make me laugh so hard I'll do myself an injury will you? I'm on to you Victor, well played, well played indeed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

For 200,000 years we had personal interpretation and we believed the Sun went round the Earth.

Personal interpretation led us into stagnation for 200,000 years, but in the 17th and 18th centuries the Enlightenment led us out of personal interpretation into evidence and reason.

But still, the protestant reformation of 1517 is still with us and so is personal testimony.

And personal testimony is an authority that can't be challenged by evidence and reason.
    Why? Why not?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INTP

Sun does go round the earth. But you are right, personal interpretation is not the only one.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Have I actually seen any pictures of Victor before? I don't recall it if I have...