• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Manipulation and Type

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nico got to it before me, all it really takes to manipulate is figuring out which levers to push to get a response. You and I feel people out with our Pe/Fi and figure it out on the fly, but an IxxJ could easily use their Pi database to observe and test.

I imagine he oscillates between feeling lonely and seeking attention, freaking out because he realizes he's let you in far enough that he could really get hurt, and then pushing away hard. He probably could use some of the unconditional positive regard that many counselors have to offer.

Marmotini said:
I am apparently one codependent piece of fuck.

You should start a user group for Sx doms titled CPoFs. You are not alone. :blush:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nico got to it before me, all it really takes to manipulate is figuring out which levers to push to get a response. You and I feel people out with our Pe/Fi and figure it out on the fly, but an IxxJ could easily use their Pi database to observe and test.

I imagine he oscillates between feeling lonely and seeking attention, freaking out because he realizes he's let you in far enough that he could really get hurt, and then pushing away hard. He probably could use some of the unconditional positive regard that many counselors have to offer.

You should start a user group for Sx doms titled CPoFs. You are not alone. :blush:

Yeah at one point I attempted to give him that "unconditional positive regard" and I'm pretty sure he decided it made me less attractive.

But then he'd still cry when I did the opposite, so whatevs.

Maybe I should start up that group now...give me something constructive to do besides be depressed over the fact that I was fired from my unpaid job baby-sitting a grown man.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I gathered some info on another web site that this is just apparently a trait of narcissism, to know how to push people's buttons, especially reading a particular target or type of person and knowing exactly what to do to keep those buttons pushed, and it's typically used to their own selfish ends, whether annoying and abusive, or helpful to them in keeping what they want or need at that time.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mostly just my yoga teachers.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think, that the best manipulators would be Fe types. They can really feel ones emotions and needs and if they are unhealthly it's easier for them to get to weak points in people..I'd go with INFJ and ENFJ