User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Espana View Post
    But most jobs are just jobs, eh... Passionate about McDonald's lately?
    Is this what Fi people have to face in today's society?
    try nurse for example, or doctor, or someone curing aids in africa etc etc
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Oh yes, not in complete contrast. Every Fi type has Te after all... ENxPs have it as their tertiary.
    Not every Te user is capitalistic, but my view is that their organizational skills are good in business and that they want people to do things the way that is "rational", "efficient", "effective"... thus they are often seen as good managers.
    Maybe the complete contrast is Ti (like used in aerospace engineering and such).
    Agreed about all, except that I don't think there's really such a thing as complete contrast of functions.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    try nurse for example, or doctor, or someone curing aids in africa etc etc
    Are Fi users often working in not-for-profit organizations? Such as Greenpeace, The Red Cross etc.???
    That Fi lends itself to work for a cause?
    Nursing? I have known two ESFP nurses...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Economic value as a personal trait that helps getting a job/is good to have in work situations.
    Something that is bankable, that someone would pay money for...
    You tell me, I couldn't find any.
    So, anything that ties to employment opportunity as a valued, emotional trait? That's easy.

I spend most of my free time exploring Excel forums, as I enjoy the complexities of its programming and tie my understanding into increased role accountabilities as to elevate my visibility for future promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    So, anything that ties to employment opportunity as a valued, emotional trait? That's easy.

I spend most of my free time exploring Excel forums, as I enjoy the complexities of its programming and tie my understanding into increased role accountabilities as to elevate my visibility for future promotions.
    I don't know as an emotional trait... But yes, as a valued trait. As a valued way of thinking, understanding etc. For example Ti comes in handy in understanding mining equipment and internal combustion engines. Companies are willing to pay good money to have such employees that can understand how these muthafuckers operate (engineers, consultants, repairmen etc.)!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

But most jobs are just jobs, eh... Passionate about McDonald's lately?
    Is this what Fi people have to face in today's society?
    Unfortunately, yes.

One could always go into business for himself though, as a freelance-something.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.

One could always go into business for himself though, as a freelance-something.
    To do graphic design or like?
    Not to fix rocket engines...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

To do graphic design or like?
    Not to fix rocket engines...
    Freelance anything you liek, really. Graphic designer, copy writer, webdesigner, consultant, etc etc
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

I've been thinking that out of the cognitive functions that are judging functions (i.e. Te/Fe/Ti/Fi), Fi is probably the most useless in getting a job or having in work situations. Why? It seems to have no economic use! It's really difficult to bank on that function, because it seems that there aren't really jobs or careers for that function. I can't really come up with any real jobs that would pay money, that would necessitate or where the Fi function would be an advantage over Fe, Te or Ti! If Fe is sales, Te is management and Ti is engineering, what is Fi? This is a generalization, but helps to highlight the issue.

All the other judging functions are good at something that has economic value, but Fi seems to have zero economic value. Let me give examples. For example Te types have a tendency to be good managers, accountants and can be engineers (can use their Te strength). Fe types have a tendency to be good at sales, promotion and customer service (can use their Fe strength). Ti types have a tendency to be good engineers, especially electrical, electronics, mechanics and aerospace (can use their Ti strength)... It's difficult to come up with careers for Fi types... maybe arts, music, dance and such but really? Does Fi equal art?

However, I believe that the function has great advantages in private life.
    I would love to hear what Fi dominants and Fi auxiliaries have to say (ISFP, INFP, ESFP, ENFP)!
    Depends on the job. Your only thinking of job as office or salejob. What about jobs about diplomacy or humanitarian causes, or being privately employed as an author, writer, or singer. I think Fi would come in very much handy in thus situations.
    The HOW and WHY is EVERYTHING! Look not at behaviors nor even beliefs, but the ideas behind HOW and WHY they are held. Only then are your judgements......somewhat acceptable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Economic value as a personal trait that helps getting a job/is good to have in work situations.
    Something that is bankable, that someone would pay money for...
    You tell me, I couldn't find any.
    Fi provides personal motivation, and thus can apply to getting and excelling in any type of job. If the job is in a field of interest, Fi likely underlies that interest and keeps one going through the demands of getting education/training, job-hunting, and any difficulties that arise. Even in a boring, low-level job unrelated to one's aspirations, Fi can motivate your commitment to get work experience, be loyal to your workgroup ("good team player"), even earn a living for yourself and your family, while also fueling your ambition for something more. I see Fi at the root of many positive work behaviors that employees happily reward, from honesty and integrity to loyalty to an overall good work ethic. Fe can motivate much of this as well but is more based on external considerations. If those change, the employee's perspective and behavior might also change. Since Fi is internal, it will weather those changes better.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...