• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te-dom and Te-aux types, how do you describe Te? How does it appear in your life?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live with em. :mellow: And sometimes I can mimic it in airplane mode. :)

It's all about gathering factoids and information with an eye to efficiency, and applying it to some purpose. Te dom is hardcore, plugged in and focused, on a mission. Obsessed. When I Te aux, I'm just focused and efficient. I only obsess for a little while, as necessary. I'm too lazy to obsess long. My Te dom (and somewhat my auxes) obsess pretty much constantly, or are driven a lot of the time. My entj talks to himself almost constantly as well, if there is no one around to talk to.

I guess it's different than Ne because Ne/Ti is just always out there, playing and seeing how things work. Te is serious bizness. :D

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It makes me get impatient with people in TV shows and movies. I yell stuff at the TV like "Stop lingering on the objective! I don't care that this is a poignant moment for you! The bad guys are coming! Move!" :azdaja:

That's Te. :D Right [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What exactly are you trying to understand here, [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION]?

Usehername

On a mission
I lock on to my goal and then achieve it with the most direct and logical path.

If I'm by myself or around people I'm comfortable with, I often wear my hoodie* up. I wear it with the hood tucked behind my ears, and I think this is pure Te. I like to feel warm and cuddly and I like to be able to hear conversation/music and this is the most direct and logical way of achieving my goals. I feel like an Fe user would consider how stupid it looks to others. I know it looks dumb. I am unconcerned and blissfully happy because I've met my two goals in the most direct manner. Which is like meeting three goals--be efficient. Te users are those assholes that enjoy taking people out of the equation.

*Or bunnyhug, for my Saskatchewan readers. (@Fidelia.)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno. I just never feel like I have Te even though I feel ISTJ is my best fit.

Fair enough.

What happened to you being SFP? I would consider ISFJ for you before I went for ISTJ.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] really would probably be the best person to talk to about Te+Si. My perspective on Te is that it's primarily use is categorizing. It looks at a thing or situation, figures out what its purpose is and arranges categories based on that determination. Coupled with the auxiliary function, Te begins to work to define objectives either based on past principles (Si) or a future-oriented vision (Ni). The question Te seeks to answer is what characteristics need to be in place in order for a thing to fulfill a certain criteria. If you had a device, for instance, the thing that would make it a watch would be its ability to tell time. That focus on functionality is what makes Te-doms such efficiency nuts. We like to figure out how something can fulfill its purpose in as few steps as possible. Another corollary to that is that we're fairly adept at manipulating our environments. ENTJs have a particular knack for taking something and transforming it based on the understanding of it that Te (supported by Ni) lends us.

I'm tired, so I'm not sure if any of that makes sense.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te appears in my life all day, every day. I sometimes try to imagine how I would be without it. I wouldn't be myself at all. I would be a completely different person. I feel as though I'd be insane. It scares me.

Almost every moment of every day Te is quite dominant in my thought process. It's so normal to me, it feels kinda weird even talking about it. For the longest time I thought everybody thought like I did, but I was naive. For me, it's like "this is how brains work, right? This is just what thinking is, right?" and I don't know what the fuck is up with someone when they're not making sense. Well that's because they're not really thinking about what they're saying or doing. They're just knee jerk reacting. I know this now.

Te is like... you have an objective, and you figure out the most efficient way of accomplishing that, and then execute your plan. There's always an objective to everything I do. If I don't have one, it really makes me uncomfortable. I get annoyed when people take forever to get to the point and I am somehow compelled to listen through the whole thing. On the forum it's easy, I straight up skip most posts, or skim. In real life, it's often difficult to straight up ignore someone if they're taking too long to get to the point, or straight up asking them "ok what's your point?".

At ANY given time, I have a pretty well defined idea of why I'm doing what I'm doing. It doesn't mean I make better choices, it just means I have a stated objective.

I'm much more human now, which puts an interesting twist on Te. Some people might think I'm some extraverted feeler type. When I'm being very emotionally reactive, I know I'm being very emotionally reactive, and I chose to allow that to happen. I can take on thought patterns that aren't typically INTJ (that's me), but there's always an INTJ base beneath that.

FYI, pro tip: INTJs are pretty emotionally sensitive. Most of them aren't aware of that, or don't want to acknowledge it. It's not just me, it's ALLL OF US.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Te is like... you have an objective, and you figure out the most efficient way of accomplishing that, and then execute your plan.

Most smart people can do this...Te people just pay a lot of "random" attention to stuff that's related to efficiency and/or general factoids even during their "non-work-or-efficiency" mode of operation(*), so they start with an advantage.

(*)if you lack a "non-work-or-efficiency" mode of operation...get a life.

KDude

Most smart people can do this...Te people just pay a lot of "random" attention to stuff that's related to efficiency and/or general factoids even during their "non-work-or-efficiency" mode of operation(*), so they start with an advantage.

I can't make sense of "non-work-or-efficiency". Do you mean efficiency in non work situations? If that's the case, I can get caught up in how I set up a new computer and what software to install first, how I might build an RPG character, etc..

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Well uh... pretty much anyone can learn to do anything... which makes your argument kinda moot. People need to get from point a-->b, as is the reality of life. So people learn to use Te when they really care to get something done. I'd say people who are naturally dominant in a particular thought pattern are better at it though.

KDude

I think Perception changes a lot how one views efficiency as well. Not just judgement. Ni has an eye for foresight, Si has an eye for standards and traditional routes. One example of my own Ti efficiency (I was young here though) is when I was skateboarding with a friend at an air force base. We wanted to get to a park that was at the far end of the base, but that meant taking a long winding road that avoided the airstrip. I decided to cut through the airstrip. It was a direct path. Unfortunately, by the time I got midway through it, cops surrounded us. I really didn't see that coming. They made a big deal about us being in the way of some plane that wanted to land (maybe we were, maybe we weren't). I guess this might be something a TJ would avoid to begin with.

As an adult, I'm less risky, but I still see "safer" habits in TJs. Pretty anal about planning their routes. I understand the value of that, but I think I improvise more. I still change my plans if I see better efficiency in the moment.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

I didn't see a stupid FDG post for a long time, and this happened to be another one.

I enjoy masturbating , wasting time, and thinking about how the world works, obviously I don't have a life.

You sir, spend your life trying to get as much done as possible in a lifetime of never ending work, like a rat running in a wheel or a dog chasing its tail. You must be having the time of your life.

If working is the same as thinking, you get the most intelligent award of the day. Unfortunately, you can't do both at the same time.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Live in fear that you'll never reach your goal, or that you don't work hard enough, or that things will never get done, because thats what life is about.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lock on to my goal and then achieve it with the most direct and logical path.

If I'm by myself or around people I'm comfortable with, I often wear my hoodie* up. I wear it with the hood tucked behind my ears, and I think this is pure Te. I like to feel warm and cuddly and I like to be able to hear conversation/music and this is the most direct and logical way of achieving my goals. I feel like an Fe user would consider how stupid it looks to others. I know it looks dumb. I am unconcerned and blissfully happy because I've met my two goals in the most direct manner. Which is like meeting three goals--be efficient. Te users are those assholes that enjoy taking people out of the equation.

See a Ne type would invent a hoodie with holes by the ears, perhaps with a cute little flap resembling kitty or puppy ears that can be pinned up or worn down. Maybe we'd do some masculine styles too, like a skull or something.

First, we'd market in it Asia and get an official stamp of "cuteness" so all the Fe types will accept this as acceptable. We might go the "snuggie" route also with infomercials to normalize this look by showing it repeatedly at times of day when people are tired, drunk, and generally "susceptible".

At this point we get lazy &/or bored with this & hire a Te type to manage it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Fair enough.

What happened to you being SFP? I would consider ISFJ for you before I went for ISTJ.

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] really would probably be the best person to talk to about Te+Si. My perspective on Te is that it's primarily use is categorizing. It looks at a thing or situation, figures out what its purpose is and arranges categories based on that determination. Coupled with the auxiliary function, Te begins to work to define objectives either based on past principles (Si) or a future-oriented vision (Ni). The question Te seeks to answer is what characteristics need to be in place in order for a thing to fulfill a certain criteria. If you had a device, for instance, the thing that would make it a watch would be its ability to tell time. That focus on functionality is what makes Te-doms such efficiency nuts. We like to figure out how something can fulfill its purpose in as few steps as possible. Another corollary to that is that we're fairly adept at manipulating our environments. ENTJs have a particular knack for taking something and transforming it based on the understanding of it that Te (supported by Ni) lends us.

I'm tired, so I'm not sure if any of that makes sense.

Ahh....Although I enjoy using Se much more than Si, I find that I use Si much more and I'm better at using it. I also prefer and use Ne much more than Ni. Fe never felt right either (although I don't exactly like Fe all that much, which may pose a bit of a problem). Essentially, after all of the confusion I created, I just went back and picked the type that I first scored on an MBTI test without knowing what it all meant yet. Am I an ISTJ? Maybe. Does it really matter? Nah.

Well, I have difficulty understanding the JCFs. It's not anyone's description that is at fault. I just have a hard time with abstract concepts. Examples are my thing.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, thanks for the responses guys. There weren't many, but I enjoyed reading them. :)