User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 59

  1. #21
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    See a Ne type would invent a hoodie with holes by the ears, perhaps with a cute little flap resembling kitty or puppy ears that can be pinned up or worn down. Maybe we'd do some masculine styles too, like a skull or something.

    First, we'd market in it Asia and get an official stamp of "cuteness" so all the Fe types will accept this as acceptable. We might go the "snuggie" route also with infomercials to normalize this look by showing it repeatedly at times of day when people are tired, drunk, and generally "susceptible".

    At this point we get lazy &/or bored with this & hire a Te type to manage it.
    Do it!!!

    I love the snuggly hoodie feeling, and I hate not being able to hear what's goin' on. I want this!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #22
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    See a Ne type would invent a hoodie with holes by the ears, perhaps with a cute little flap resembling kitty or puppy ears that can be pinned up or worn down. Maybe we'd do some masculine styles too, like a skull or something.

    First, we'd market in it Asia and get an official stamp of "cuteness" so all the Fe types will accept this as acceptable. We might go the "snuggie" route also with infomercials to normalize this look by showing it repeatedly at times of day when people are tired, drunk, and generally "susceptible".

    At this point we get lazy &/or bored with this & hire a Te type to manage it.
    My mind is a bit confused on how the skull one would work. Mind making a crappy MS Paint drawing?

  3. #23
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Okay, I will answer instead of derailing...

    I think Te is about ordering things using external systems, but in an action way. I'd say they apply thought more than create thought.

    I notice Te-aux tend to do this to subjugate reality to their Pi ideas. "Things should be X way according to my vision, and I can go from A to C to make it that way...". This isn't always efficient because it's not always creative enough. It may not bypass a step because it's all a chain, where something is a logical necessity to reach an end. However, in applying a proven system they seem able to get a lot done, some of which is creative because of what it's applied to (the Pi idea).

    I take "Ne shortcuts" & it annoys them sometimes or looks very clever. But I'm also terrible with logistics. It's much more trial and error, which can lose any efficiency Ne ingenuity brings.

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Do it!!!

    I love the snuggly hoodie feeling, and I hate not being able to hear what's goin' on. I want this!
    Actually I'd need a Te type from the get-go to work out all the business details & other practical crap.
    A Se type might do...hey, even an actual Ne-dom. People who know how to talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    My mind is a bit confused on how the skull one would work. Mind making a crappy MS Paint drawing?
    No ear flaps, just holes where the ear holes on a skull would be with a skull print all over for the "effect". You wouldn't have the front face part of the skull because that's where your face is. We could scrap that idea.

    Maybe a shark fin on top for the boys...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #24
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Hmm...this makes me wonder if I should instead create a thread about "work personality" vs. "having fun personality." The reason I say this is because I've always thought of Te in a rather businesslike way. And while it is very businesslike, um. Something something..

    Okay I forgot my train of thought, but I know there was definitely a point in here. Can anyone intuitively tell what I was trying to say and if this is a good idea? I seem to be good at creating pointless threads.

  5. #25
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I guess Te-types aren't ones who enjoy describing things.
    You can't say I didn't try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    Te is like... you have an objective, and you figure out the most efficient way of accomplishing that, and then execute your plan. There's always an objective to everything I do. If I don't have one, it really makes me uncomfortable. I get annoyed when people take forever to get to the point and I am somehow compelled to listen through the whole thing. On the forum it's easy, I straight up skip most posts, or skim. In real life, it's often difficult to straight up ignore someone if they're taking too long to get to the point, or straight up asking them "ok what's your point?".

    At ANY given time, I have a pretty well defined idea of why I'm doing what I'm doing. It doesn't mean I make better choices, it just means I have a stated objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Okay, I will answer instead of derailing...

    I think Te is about ordering things using external systems, but in an action way. I'd say they apply thought more than create thought.
    I like this stuff.

    Some people say Jeremy Clarkson is an ENTP. I learn toward ENTJ. Why?

    Let's say you've got some weeds in your yard. You want them gone. So you offer to pay Jeremy Clarkson to remove them for you. Would he do the ENTP thing and invent a weeding contraption? No, he'd just get a bulldozer and remove the weeds with that. He'd also destroy your yard in the process, but the stated goal was to get rid of the weeds, right? Well the bulldozer is both thorough and fast. You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs now, can you?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  6. #26
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    ^ It's not pointless!

    I get what you're saying... people describe Te as all about goal, working towards. So what's Te like when on vacation (ITINERARY!), relaxing in the hot tub?

    I think @SD45T-2 touched on that - still yelling, criticizing, bossing around.

    Seriously, lots of Te-dom descriptions note a tendency to have trouble relaxing, to have trouble in the "home sphere", to be workaholics, etc. I've known some Te-dom who enjoy games with rules a lot. And if you don't follow the rules they get .

    Most Te hobbies seem dull to me. My INTJ cousin used to like to collect rocks & classify them . Thank goodness he moved onto photography. He still likes any kind of strategy game.

    SiTe seems very prone to collecting. I knew an ISTJ who had a massive vinyl record collection. It wasn't just enjoying the music, but a sort devotion demonstrated with completeness & order.

    Lots of Te women like traditional woman stuff like cooking or knitting - stuff with goals & steps.

    Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they do whatever others do but in a more orderly fashion. As a kid, I had trouble with Te types cuz I'd go all "Calvin Ball" on them & their desire to play structured games bored me to death.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  7. #27
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ It's not pointless!

    I get what you're saying... people describe Te as all about goal, working towards. So what's Te like when on vacation (ITINERARY!), relaxing in the hot tub?

    Seriously, lots of Te-dom descriptions note a tendency to have trouble relaxing, to have trouble in the "home sphere", to be workaholics, etc. I've known some Te-dom who enjoy games with rules a lot. And if you don't follow the rules they get .
    I know I abhor playing board games, because I can't relax enough, and then I get annoyed because I set this time aside for pleasure. I need something with serenity or chaos, but not rules.

    I like cycling and hiking for the serenity, and capture the flag or pranks for the chaos.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  8. #28
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Re: DisneyGeek's type, it's really hard for me to know. On the one hand, no, she doesn't scream ISTJ; we can all agree she's an introvert, but neither SJ nor T are all that obvious. But on the other hand, it could be Enneagram getting in the way? For example, people keep seeing me as a Feeler (ESFJ or ENFP) because of my strong 2 wing and 7 integration (plus 7 in my tritype), which mean, respectively, that I care way more about staying on everyone's good side than the average ESTJ, and that I'm much more open to spontaneity/adventures than the average ESTJ. So I could see DisneyGeek's possible 9-ness as muffling her Je and making her less, you know, Git-R-Done.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    It's all about gathering factoids and information with an eye to efficiency, and applying it to some purpose. Te dom is hardcore, plugged in and focused, on a mission. Obsessed. When I Te aux, I'm just focused and efficient. I only obsess for a little while, as necessary. I'm too lazy to obsess long.
    This all rings true -- especially Te-aux not obsessing as much. I think they're naturally much better at picking their battles than Te-doms are. Though I should probably add that xNTJs almost always come across as more "chill" than xSTJs. More chill, and more dreamy. Whereas ESTJs are always up in your business and meddling in your "wrongness", and ISTJs are always silently scanning the environment for flaws with their Si Death Ray Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    It makes me get impatient with people in TV shows and movies. I yell stuff at the TV like "Stop lingering on the objective! I don't care that this is a poignant moment for you! The bad guys are coming! Move!"

    That's Te. Right EJCC?
    Yes, exactly! I can't watch 99% of romantic comedies (or horror movies) because I spend the whole time going "That is a stupid decision! Stop before it's too late!! NOOOOOOOOOooooargh dammit it's too late now! Why didn't you listen to me?! "
    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I lock on to my goal and then achieve it with the most direct and logical path.
    ^ This!
    *Or bunnyhug, for my Saskatchewan readers. (@Fidelia.)
    Is that what they call hoodies there???

    That is the cutest thing I have ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    lol.. even as a weak Fe type, I'd still have this in mind.
    I can't even count the number of times I've had Fe-tard moments like that. And every time, just like what Usehername described, I consider it for half a second and then think "Nah, it won't be a big deal."

    Best example: the time when I accidentally bought a Freddy Krueger sweater and wore it like a normal sweater for over a year. Saw it at Hot Topic (which should have been a giveaway), went "That looks a little like a Freddy Krueger sweater? But I love baggy, striped sweaters, and this is on sale. If I wear it differently, I'm sure no one will make that association." ...but everyone made that association, which I only really figured out a year later, when I promptly got rid of the sweater out of embarrassment.

    ------------------------------

    More replies to come! Didn't realize how many pages there were here...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #29
    Sweet Ocean Cloud SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Seriously, lots of Te-dom descriptions note a tendency to have trouble relaxing, to have trouble in the "home sphere", to be workaholics, etc.
    Heat (1995) is one of my favorite movies. I own the special edition on DVD. I'm interested in law enforcement and criminal justice. I really appreciate Michael Mann's efforts to get things right, especially when it comes to guns. But a big part of it is because Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) is one of the most thoroughly ESTJ characters I've ever seen. I totally connected with him. That's not to say I think he was perfect or that he always did the right thing, but I understood him and knew how he felt.

    I've known some Te-dom who enjoy games with rules a lot. And if you don't follow the rules they get .
    "This isn't 'Nam, this is bowling; there are rules." - Walter Sobchak
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

  10. #30
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    Heat (1995) is one of my favorite movies. I own the special edition on DVD. I'm interested in law enforcement and criminal justice. I really appreciate Michael Mann's efforts to get things right, especially when it comes to guns. But a big part of it is because Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) is one of the most thoroughly ESTJ characters I've ever seen. I totally connected with him. That's not to say I think he was perfect or that he always did the right thing, but I understood him and knew how he felt.

    "This isn't 'Nam, this is bowling; there are rules." - Walter Sobchak
    I enjoy games with rules too, but where I used to run into snags (with some Te coaches) was their need to emphasize specific techniques. It wasn't just a conflict of rules, but form and expression. Catching a ground or fly ball had to be done a certain way (in both cases, the "proper" technique is setting yourself in front of where the ball will come and cupping your mitt.. err.. hard to put into words, but maybe you know what I mean). They'd get annoyed if I did a Willy Mays (underhanded) catch or scooped a ball off the ground while running. Those techniques worked for me, and I was faster. Another difference with TPs is that they like rules, but play only with the "spirit of the rules" or see how far they can circumvent without breaking the game. In games, again it's often in your performance quirks (at least with Se types) or winning with an unseen strategy (kind of like how lawyers play with legal rules). When you can win this way, it's even more thrilling than if there was complete chaos.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you measure success, what does it mean to you?
    By Betty Blue in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 05:07 AM
  2. Which type(s) do you think are the most reluctant (desinterested in) to talk about
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM
  3. [INFJ] To Other Types: How does it feel when an INFJ gives you the (super) cold shoulder?
    By fill in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 06:23 AM
  4. [Fi] NTJs: how does Fi manifest in your type?
    By Venom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO