• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quietest personality type?

• Thread starter Infinite Bubble
  • Start date

KDude

The keyword is "fictional". The "lone-wandering samurai" is a popular archetype throughout cultures.
Such characters don't really exist in real life.

A real life ISTP would probably say: "Damaged goods--walking this way."

One fictional character I can see myself in is Spike Spiegel. He's grumpy enough, lazy enough, and berates enough...all the while caving in and doing the right thing at the last minute.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
One fictional character I can see myself in is Spike Spiegel. He's grumpy enough, lazy enough, and berates enough...all the while caving in and doing the right thing at the last minute.

I am Alan from The Hangover.

Nicki

Retired
Actually, I think IxTPs would be a bit more quiet than IxFPs with inferior Fe and all.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Actually, I think IxTPs would be a bit more quiet than IxFPs with inferior Fe and all.

I will agree with this to an extent. My experience has been that Fi users usually have an innate need to fit in whereas inferior Fe users generally don't care about any of this and drum to their own beat (or whatever that phrase is).

Mileage may vary.

KDude

Both IFPs are behind-the-scenes types, while ISTPs are chart-the-course (interestingly INTPs are behind-the-scenes too. ISTP is grouped with the IxxJs). I think there are more opportunities for me compared to an IFP to speak up about what I perceive is the right thing or the correct action. More decisiveness, impatience, or criticism. Behind the scenes is the most low key and diplomatic apparently.

Behind the Scenes
--------------------
The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

Chart the Course
-------------------
The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I will agree with this to an extent. My experience has been that Fi users usually have an innate need to fit in whereas inferior Fe users generally don't care about any of this and drum to their own beat (or whatever that phrase is).

Mileage may vary.

Sad, but true for me. :sadbanana: I remember one of my boyfriend's friends didn't like me and it drove me absolutely insane. As I get older I'm getting more of that "don't give a crap attitude" towards most people, but if it's friends of friends it bothers me when they don't like me.