• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quietest personality type?

• Thread starter Infinite Bubble
  • Start date
I

Infinite Bubble

Obviously speaking in generalities here. But which type tends to be the quietest in your opinion/experience?

wolfy

awsm
I don't know, how quiet can an isfp be? I would say it is some INXX type.

wolfy

awsm
Really, the quietest personality type is the dead personality type.

W

WALMART

They've all got potential, I don't see any more or less than another on the whole.

I'll go with ISTP's: Man With No Name, Roland Deschain, that guy from Drive, my friend Philip.

/ego

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Probably INFPs. I would say IxFPs, but it seems that aux. Se can be helpful in navigating social situations. Obviously shyness =/= quietness, but INFPs are also most strongly linked to the Avoidant personality.

IxTPs can be very quiet too.

KDude

They've all got potential, I don't see any more or less than another on the whole.

I'll go with ISTP's: Man With No Name, Roland Deschain, that guy from Drive, my friend Philip.

/ego

I think ITPs are too inclined to criticize (and able to clarify that criticism) to be quieter than IFP.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
:hi:

Heard someone wants to talk to an ISFP?! I'm here, and I'm bored, and I'm chatty! :happy2: Let's go! No strangling necessary, I'm not into that.... Just don't ask me to talk about myself and we're golden. :D

My husband and one of my friends are INTJs and it's like pulling teeth to get them to talk....unless you are close to them... Or want to analyze something...

W

WALMART

I think ITPs are too inclined to criticize (and able to clarify that criticism) to be quieter than IFP.

Perhaps so. Like I said, I was just stroking my ego :p

To say something, the answer is definitely not ENFP.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mmm, i have a friend that is an ISFP that talks a LOT (mostly sharing Fi views of the world, so maybe he talks a lot to me, because i understand him)
i have two INTP friends and those two are the quietest i've ever had.
ISFP.

One has to strangle to make an ISFP talk.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I really don't get why people are saying ISFP. ISFP is actually known in some systems as an ambiverted type, meaning they show both introvert and extrovert traits.

Last time I checked, INxPs were probably the most "extreme" introverts, but obviously this varies by individual.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm ISFP and very quiet, people comment on it and I yell back "GO FUCK YOURSELF! " nah actually I just mumble something and stare at my shoes...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

/ego

Yeah, the strong silent type. We could argue for ISTx being this.

"Hi I reject Fe and have absolutely nothing to say to other people."

The Driver was so hot. I swear though he seemed to me to be a fictional cross between ISTP and ISTJ. He showed mostly Ti/Se in his professional skills and so forth, but his morality seemed very tertiary Fi, like he had this real soft spot for this woman he couldn't even be with; I would think an ISTP would find that fruitless and impractical, while an ISTJ would find it honorable, even if he didn't get laid as a result.