• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE

KDude

I give up. Thanks for adding me to the list of people you dislike. I'm glad.

It's times like this that I just want to leave the forums. MBTI just gives people the excuse to stereotype and be critical of one another.

It's just one person. Don't leave a forum for that.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It's just one person. Don't leave a forum for that.

It isn't just him/her though. Threads like these pop up and get tons of responses....all from people using MBTI as another type of "racism." We're on the 11th page right now. If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people, I'd probably get banned. Yet people take no issue with things like this.

Don't get me wrong...I do stay because there are a lot of great people here also. I've always loved forums, but many I go to tend to die after a while or they were never interesting to begin with. For the most part, the regulars here are terrific. It would be nice to have a block/filter feature for these threads.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They tend to state the obvious a bit more often than necessary, take a ridiculous amount of time explaining an extremely simple concept, more often than not have conversations based on nothing, not think as deeply into things, etc. I'd go on but I don't want to be cruel :mellow:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ's aren't suspect to this, lordy no (though I should admit, INTJ's are about doubly worse).

Perhaps you are confusing concise language with perfect comprehension.

O_O... UMM.. i dont understand.

whatever you mean, what i meant by what i said is that you take what is said, out of context and give it a whole different than the intended meaning, making it into something completely different like here, you made it into something i have no idea if you even made it into something. probably your twisting words on purpose to make it seem something even though its nothing.

I give up. Thanks for adding me to the list of people you dislike. I'm glad.

It's times like this that I just want to leave the forums. MBTI just gives people the excuse to stereotype and be critical of one another.

given the stereotyping is done based on _reality_ unlike how sensors do their stereotyping, so yeah, i think its fairly accurate.

"If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people," hahah, thats exactly what i meant, you do stereotyping based on something which is elusory, something you cant say is written in stone. stereotyping based on skin colour is entirely based on assumption that every race found it near heart to adopt behavior from others of their kind, but we intuitives rarely do that so we make exceptions there. unlike race, mbti is written in stone, by god if you may call it.

and stereotyping something written in stone.. well yeah, i think its that bit more concise.

you want to prove your whole persona isnt predetermined? go ahead, try prove the innate nature of humanity wrong. cause we are all scripted, and none of us have free will. what you will do is written in your personality attributes. everything.

KDude

you want to prove your whole persona isnt predetermined? go ahead, try prove the innate nature of humanity wrong. cause we are all scripted, and none of us have free will. what you will do is written in your personality attributes. everything.

This idea stems from the fact that Jung was a Calvinist (or rather, raised and tortured to be one).

I'm curious if you are too.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
"If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people," hahah, thats exactly what i meant, you do stereotyping based on something which is elusory, something you cant say is written in stone. stereotyping based on skin colour is entirely based on assumption that every race found it near heart to adopt behavior from others of their kind, but we intuitives rarely do that so we make exceptions there. unlike race, mbti is written in stone, by god if you may call it.

and stereotyping something written in stone.. well yeah, i think its that bit more concise.

Now I have no idea what you are talking about. MBTI is not "written stone." Are you saying every INFJ is the same for example?

And when did God come into play?

W

WALMART

O_O... UMM.. i dont understand.

whatever you mean, what i meant by what i said is that you take what is said, out of context and give it a whole different than the intended meaning, making it into something completely different like here, you made it into something i have no idea if you even made it into something. probably your twisting words on purpose to make it seem something even though its nothing.

Nothing more than what I've already expressed. ISTP's and INFJ's aren't so different, you and us. Given the preference for Ni I would imagine a bit more contextual affluence, but that's just my sensing rationality at work...

They tend to state the obvious a bit more often than necessary, take a ridiculous amount of time explaining an extremely simple concept, more often than not have conversations based on nothing, not think as deeply into things, etc. I'd go on but I don't want to be cruel :mellow:

How long have you been studying MBTI? I find your intimate knowledge and keen insight verily engaging.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many accuse me of being a sensor, and the reasoning for it is because they say my ideas lack focus, that they are too chaotic and random.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

Aww, you just described my husband....an INTJ. :huh:

Seriously, this is why these threads don't go anywhere. Not every S fits nice and neatly into the little sensor box, just like not every N fits nice and neatly into the little intuition box. My husband loves analyzing things to death, he actually enjoys amortization tables. I find them incredibly boring. I love cooking with new spices...tasting the flavors, smelling the aroma, experiencing different textures... He just eats the food in front of him and doesn't care what it is. It's just how we are. We have different drives and thinks that interest us. It doesn't make one of us better than the other. Just different.

PS. My husband is the one in the relationship that is more prone to go into too many details. I'm frequently interrupting him saying "I get it, move on with the story." :alttongue:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Why is the title in all caps?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I hate it when Sensors sense things and use like theree ability to see and smeell and like dream about the passt its like BORRRRINGGG.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now I have no idea what you are talking about. MBTI is not "written stone." Are you saying every INFJ is the same for example?

yes, every infj has the same character class called infj, however as you stupidly suggested, mbti is not the only attribute in play.

you know, in this game mbti is your class while your attributes are instincts and enneagram is your profession. just like in rpg games.

"And when did God come into play?"

christianity has preceded mbti by understanding much what mbti explains,(but before mbti) so how is it not relevant?

Nothing more than what I've already expressed. ISTP's and INFJ's aren't so different, you and us. Given the preference for Ni I would imagine a bit more contextual affluence, but that's just my sensing rationality at work...

yes, i think your type of people are so disconnected from the context to the point of your thoughts having nothing to do with reality at all, thus in my opinion your type is the most in the clouds/in their heads of all mbti types in the classical sense of those terms.

and no, istp's and infj's arent so different, but theres a canyon between our minds.

Why is the title in all caps?

CAUSE CAPSOLOCKING IN THE NAME OF GOD IS POWER.

SEE? HOW POWERFUL I AM!!!!

This idea stems from the fact that Jung was a Calvinist (or rather, raised and tortured to be one).

I'm curious if you are too.

i red the wiki article, but it didnt make any sense to me so.. no idea.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]

You are representing the extreme end of MBTI, that of assuming an unproven idea is inherent and tangible. Although don't misunderstand, I believe there is a great deal of heuristic evidence for both Jung and MBTI.

After all, many of us have wondered throughout human awakening from the ocean to the trees to land, about how two people in almost identical circumstances and environments can turn out completely differently. Look at babies; babies often have many differences between them from an early age.

However, you appear to have become so transfixed by your own vision of what is and what will be that you have no scope of anything else. It's ironic really, in this quest for spreading assumptive bias, you seemed to have been robbed of the very intuitive skills you are so proud of.

Of course we all make the mistake at some point in our lives when it comes to the minds of others. Either assuming everyone thinks the same or assuming no one thinks like us or can understand us. From a very literal interpretation, no one can understand another individual, not fully, because they do not inhabit their body or mind.

But there can be a meeting ground of ideas and thoughts and most importantly: of perspectives.

You havn't minced words about the hurt you have suffered or the people who have hurt you. But perspectives are an ever changing state as is the nature of humanity in general.
A poor environment with negative interactions will of course colour the perspective of that individual and it takes a remarkably strong willed one not to fall into this trap, the same goes for a positive one.

In contrast to your rather nihlistic signature, our meaning in life is generally our own, we spend so long looking outside of ourselves for a reason to do, that we become depressed when nothing appears. Although I agree somewhat on us being slaves, but like anything a perspective is just a view and perhaps you might conclude if people cannot agree with you, then they cannot see what you see and therefore fall short of your vision.

But this is just an idea, i'm not saying it IS what you do. Although since we are slaves to our own determination, why not enjoy it? Free will both exists and doesn't within human spheres of understanding; people are told so often about the freedom of choice they have, that when it appears not to exist they get extremely short sighted about the future of anything, especially themselves. This can then become projected outwards into a rather childish negativity directed at all who don't or won't agree. In truth to give up and throw yourself into abject hopelessness seems to be a sign of giving up to me.

The point of this, though, is that you have spent considerable amounts of time spreading your pains on this forum and most of all your generalisation's of an entire group of people, based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy.

I sympathise with the troubles you have had and have explained on here. I won't pretend to know what it's like, nor will I pretend to ultimately understand, just as you cannot fully understand myself.

But that's the point; you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily. Ultimately all that does is blind you to the possibilities that might be and leaves you locked into your spiralling, self-destructive idealism.

Regardless, you can take it or leave it. It was just a thought.

Just don't give in to the paranoid eyes:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate it when Sensors sense things and use like theree ability to see and smeell and like dream about the passt its like BORRRRINGGG.

You forgot the present. We like to dream about the present, too. :newwink:

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15003]Vilku[/MENTION]

You are representing the extreme end of MBTI, that of assuming an unproven idea is inherent and tangible. Although don't misunderstand, I believe there is a great deal of heuristic evidence for both Jung and MBTI.

After all, many of us have wondered throughout human awakening from the ocean to the trees to land, about how two people in almost identical circumstances and environments can turn out completely differently. Look at babies; babies often have many differences between them from an early age.

However, you appear to have become so transfixed by your own vision of what is and what will be that you have no scope of anything else. It's ironic really, in this quest for spreading assumptive bias, you seemed to have been robbed of the very intuitive skills you are so proud of.

Of course we all make the mistake at some point in our lives when it comes to the minds of others. Either assuming everyone thinks the same or assuming no one thinks like us or can understand us. From a very literal interpretation, no one can understand another individual, not fully, because they do not inhabit their body or mind.

But there can be a meeting ground of ideas and thoughts and most importantly: of perspectives.

You havn't minced words about the hurt you have suffered or the people who have hurt you. But perspectives are an ever changing state as is the nature of humanity in general.
A poor environment with negative interactions will of course colour the perspective of that individual and it takes a remarkably strong willed one not to fall into this trap, the same goes for a positive one.

In contrast to your rather nihlistic signature, our meaning in life is generally our own, we spend so long looking outside of ourselves for a reason to do, that we become depressed when nothing appears. Although I agree somewhat on us being slaves, but like anything a perspective is just a view and perhaps you might conclude if people cannot agree with you, then they cannot see what you see and therefore fall short of your vision.

But this is just an idea, i'm not saying it IS what you do. Although since we are slaves to our own determination, why not enjoy it? Free will both exists and doesn't within human spheres of understanding; people are told so often about the freedom of choice they have, that when it appears not to exist they get extremely short sighted about the future of anything, especially themselves. This can then become projected outwards into a rather childish negativity directed at all who don't or won't agree. In truth to give up and throw yourself into abject hopelessness seems to be a sign of giving up to me.

The point of this, though, is that you have spent considerable amounts of time spreading your pains on this forum and most of all your generalisation's of an entire group of people, based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy.

I sympathise with the troubles you have had and have explained on here. I won't pretend to know what it's like, nor will I pretend to ultimately understand, just as you cannot fully understand myself.

But that's the point; you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily. Ultimately all that does is blind you to the possibilities that might be and leaves you locked into your spiralling, self-destructive idealism.

Regardless, you can take it or leave it. It was just a thought.

Just don't give in to the paranoid eyes:

"based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy." i see mbti manifesting in every single person ive met in the time of my life as long as ive been able to analyze people, so i think it gives rather concrete foundation for my assumptions.

does mbti lack scientific proof? i dont think so, in the first place typology cannot manifest in its purest form really by any other than for intuitive type of people cause this theory is based on observing certain parts of humans that sensors and many intuitives too completely ignore, so there arent really that many types for which this theory truly works for, and as a theory limited to certain population attempting acceptance from those not included in that circle are doomed to fail. i think thats where the split is, F type people are more equipped for using mbti correctly. also N type, but more significantly the F/T split.

i think there are many things which people claim to happen for certain reasons but really happen because of other reasons. and that twists things up, making personal approval the only liable method of theorizing. like astrology as the most infamous example, that people think things really happen how its said but truly happen because of completely different reasons. like placebo effect.

same is with all theories, people mess them up, so no, i dont trust group consensus as a scientific method of approval.
and in my personally approved as scientifically correct theories, i do see mbti, enneagram and instincts manifesting everywhere.

maybe my view is so nihilistic just because im so messed up, i dont know, but i think those thoughts are right. that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place.

"you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily." thats hard, i dont always feel so inspired to analyze everything as anew.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
i see mbti manifesting in every single person ive met in the time of my life as long as ive been able to analyze people, so i think it gives rather concrete foundation for my assumptions.

Not really. This is just your assumption. There is nothing 'concrete' about it.

does mbti lack scientific proof? i dont think so, in the first place typology cannot manifest in its purest form really by any other than for intuitive type of people cause this theory is based on observing certain parts of humans that sensors and many intuitives too completely ignore, so there arent really that many types for which this theory truly works for, and as a theory limited to certain population attempting acceptance from those not included in that circle are doomed to fail. i think thats where the split is, F type people are more equipped for using mbti correctly. also N type, but more significantly the F/T split.

This is completely tautological and only holds true if everyone were exactly you. You cannot claim correctness only that you have an opinion.

i think there are many things which people claim to happen for certain reasons but really happen because of other reasons. and that twists things up, making personal approval the only liable method of theorizing. like astrology as the most infamous example, that people think things really happen how its said but truly happen because of completely different reasons. like placebo effect.

Such as how you use this theory to justify your prejudice? And personal approval isn't the only liable method of theorising. The theory of evolution has a great deal of readily observable evidence for it; if there was none, people would not give it any credibility at all. When it comes to theories of the mind however it does become more difficult.

same is with all theories, people mess them up, so no, i dont trust group consensus as a scientific method of approval.
and in my personally approved as scientifically correct theories, i do see mbti, enneagram and instincts manifesting everywhere.

Which is not what I was getting at. My point had nothing to do with whether a group or an individual approves something to themselves. However this is a great example of the point I WAS trying to make which is that the open interpretation of MBTI, when not approached sensibly, results in rampant generalisations and pigeon-holing of entire groups of people unfairly and inaccurately.

Also you can only claim that you follow your own view over others, nothing wrong with that; after all I don't advocate blind group approval myself, but you cannot claim that anything you have mentioned even comes close to the definition of scientific. Unless we're going to start arguing on the ever changing nature of words and their meanings, at which point this becomes an exercise in semantics.

maybe my view is so nihilistic just because im so messed up, i dont know, but i think those thoughts are right. that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place.

I believe you do think this is correct. There is a really important point in this paragraph of yours "that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place."

Ironic isn't it? Because by your logic, this would make your perspective also wrong and therefore a paradox.

"you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily." thats hard, i dont always feel so inspired to analyze everything as anew.

Yet you have analysed people enough to come to incredibly self-assured assertions about what is and isn't true concerning an intangible theory.

Nicki

Retired
Sensors and Intuitives both suck equally. Everyone sucks. The end.