• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE

Standuble

Most of these responses from S and N alike are not even worth the time it took to wrote them. This is a reasonable question which just happens to be about a subject which people seem to either find uncomfortable or un-PC. There are accusations of stupidity and nonsense on both sides and even responses picking petty holes of the title. I for one would like an explanation of intuitor ignorance jixmixfix claimed (which was never backed up.)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Craic had good intentions in starting this thread, but it won't go anywhere. Some intuitives will post stuff that doesn't strictly apply to sensors - or has no connection whatsoever - and some sensors will deny any vice and insist that intuitives are always picking on them (and since there will be more of us on the internet, we let our frustrations out here). Sounds like everyday conversation between any two people about the faults of the other.

Nicki

Retired
Most of these responses from S and N alike are not even worth the time it took to wrote them. This is a reasonable question which just happens to be about a subject which people seem to either find uncomfortable or un-PC. There are accusations of stupidity and nonsense on both sides and even responses picking petty holes of the title. I for one would like an explanation of intuitor ignorance jixmixfix claimed (which was never backed up.)

Ns, especially ones with inferior sensing, can end up twisting reality so much to the point in which they don't know what's real or what's part of their fantasy world.

Standuble

Ns, especially ones with inferior sensing, can end up twisting reality so much to the point in which they don't know what's real or what's part of their fantasy world.

And? What is its relevance to my quote?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's called schizophrenia, my dear.;)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Please highlight the ignorance in question.

I see a lot of "this is what's wrong with you and not me" going on in here.

Let me make a list of reasons why I suspect you guys don't like sensors:

-Direct speech, which can come off as aggressive and confrontational, you don't know how to deal with it.
-Provokative and challenging, you don't know how to deal with it.
-You cannot articulate yourself quickly and to the point, so you're frustrated when sensors are impatient, you don't know how to deal with it.
-They condescend you because you are often forgetful, indecisive, unrealistic, and less mentally organized, you don't know how to deal with it.

All in all I think these thoughts are just an attempt to shift the blame over to sensors instead of being self confident with yourselves and realizing you are who you are and telling sensors to stuff off and let you be who you are. Its time you guys grow some balls and get assertive with yourselves instead of whining about why the rest of the world sucks.

If someone gets impatient with your walls of text you tell them, "just listen for a minute, it takes me a while to get to my point."

If a sensor is teasing you... tease them back! Change your perspective and have fun with it instead of assuming they're trying to destroy you. That's a self fulfilling prophecy.

If they condescend you for being forgetful or any of that other intuitive jazz, tell them "This isn't something I'm good at so stfu and be patient."

Become comfortable with the canned phrases, "Stop bothering me," "This isn't my strong point so you need to be patient," and "Shut up and listen."

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Craic had good intentions in starting this thread, but it won't go anywhere. Some intuitives will post stuff that doesn't strictly apply to sensors - or has no connection whatsoever - and some sensors will deny any vice and insist that intuitives are always picking on them (and since there will be more of us on the internet, we let our frustrations out here). Sounds like everyday conversation between any two people about the faults of the other.
This.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All in all I think these thoughts are just an attempt to shift the blame over to sensors instead of being self confident with yourselves and realizing you are who you are and telling sensors to stuff off and let you be who you are. Its time you guys grow some balls and get assertive with yourselves instead of whining about why the rest of the world sucks.

The same applies to the sensors.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, has anyone actually ever said this to you IRL? Probably not. Pffft.

I do, too. It's much better than so-called iNtuitives who can't even manage to spell their own thread titles correctly.

This is what people confuse, I think. The "excrutiating detail" function is Si, and to a lesser extent (although it's buttressed by Si in INTPs, and they're really the only boring detail-y types besides the STJs), Ti. But SiTe is a deadly combination for detail mongering.

The irony being that most of these people are themselves probably SJs. They're just deluded about it and still cling to the idea that N is speshul.

But yeah, poor taste posting this here.

Yeah it was in really bad taste to post this in the SJ section, I reported it so it would at least be moved to some N-centric or more neutral area.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The same applies to the sensors.

Are there really threads out there dedicated to intuitive hate? I'm certain sensor bias is much more selective and less "blanket" the way you guys are hating on 50% of the types.

I'm pretty sure your disdain is directed at a few personalities in particular. Not 50% of the earth.

Just seems like a strawman argument to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are there really threads out there dedicated to intuitive hate? I'm certain sensor bias is much more selective and less "blanket" the way you guys are hating on 50% of the types.

I'm pretty sure your disdain is directed at a few personalities in particular. Not 50% of the earth.

Some of the stuff they're saying actually has to do with specific functions that aren't sensing related, such as Fe (for example, "have a big family" tends to be a very culturally specific Fe value, especially amongst Latinos and Italians, for example).

I think if I had read this thread in the morning instead of at night, I would have laughed at the stupidity and ignorance of some of the posts in this thread ("what do sensors so"...what do they SO??? and blatantly misunderstanding function theory, or confusing personality type with a person just being uneducated or not very intelligent) ...but even in the light of day it bothers me that it was specifically put in the SJ section.

Like SJs can't already read this web site and feel bashed unfairly, constantly.

Like some of the people posting here aren't SJs themselves.

Standuble

I see a lot of "this is what's wrong with you and not me" going on in here.

Let me make a list of reasons why I suspect you guys don't like sensors:

-Direct speech, which can come off as aggressive and confrontational, you don't know how to deal with it.
-Provokative and challenging, you don't know how to deal with it.
-You cannot articulate yourself quickly and to the point, so you're frustrated when sensors are impatient, you don't know how to deal with it.
-They condescend you because you are often forgetful, indecisive, unrealistic, and less mentally organized, you don't know how to deal with it.

I think I must be stupid just to bother replying to this post. It is just...so poorly thought through.

In regards to the above:

1) Direct speech is not an S trait. I cannot see why it would be perceived as aggressive and confrontational simply because it came from a sensor.
2) Again I do not see how being provocative and challenging is an S trait. Do you even know what S/N means?
3) Not being able to articulate quickly to the point occurs for both S and N, it just appears in different forms. One of the arguments made against sensors (which I also made) is that every detail no matter how irrelevant is explained when the point could be reached in half the time.
4) Being forgetful and indecisive are more P traits and level of mental organisation is not a measure of S/N. If anything I would say N's have greater mental organisation.

More stupidity. Your entire train of thought is wrong. It's responses like these that make arguing with sensors feel like its infanticide. Just like shooting fish in a barrel.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think I must be stupid just to bother replying to this post. It is just...so poorly thought through.

In regards to the above:

1) Direct speech is not an S trait. I cannot see why it would be perceived as aggressive and confrontational simply because it came from a sensor.
2) Again I do not see how being provocative and challenging is an S trait. Do you even know what S/N means?
3) Not being able to articulate quickly to the point occurs for both S and N, it just appears in different forms. One of the arguments made against sensors (which I also made) is that every detail no matter how irrelevant is explained when the point could be reached in half the time.
4) Being forgetful and indecisive are more P traits and level of mental organisation is not a measure of S/N. If anything I would say N's have greater mental organisation.

More stupidity. Your entire train of thought is wrong.

Quit acting like an intellectual and start admitting you're just here for the self denial circle jerk.

I'm not even going to bother refuting anything you said. "P-traits"? don't make me laugh.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Just seems like a strawman argument to me.

Mate, I haven't expressed a post against sensors here. What I meant to say is that intuitives need to stop complaining about sensors on the Internet and rather become more practical, while sensors need to start accepting that the traits they possess don't come naturally to everybody and stop judging IRL. Will we ever become as good as the other? Of course not, but the fault lies with neither side, so it's time we start trying to mold ourselves so that we're pleasant to both ourselves and to others.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Mate, I haven't expressed a post against sensors here. What I meant to say is that intuitives need to stop complaining about sensors on the Internet and rather become more practical, while sensors need to start accepting that the traits they possess don't come naturally to everybody and stop judging IRL. Will we ever become as good as the other? Of course not, but the fault lies with neither side, so it's time we start trying to mold ourselves so that we're pleasant to both ourselves and to others.

Fair enough.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

I don't know about PC, although the kind of knee-jerk reaction that seems endemic in a rather overly 'nicey nice' pc way was one of the reasons I left Perc.

It started out as intelligent people pointing out the discrepancies and dangers of putting too much dislike onto sensing types merely because of a series of assumed traits, which could easily become an entrenched bias. Unfortunately a lot of 'don't say that is isn't nice' bleaters jumped on the bandwagon and turned a series of interesting and helpful discussions into "BAWW YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SENSORS BAWW" which meant that the entire situation quickly turned into two sides both competing for dominance.

The people who non-jokingly blamed sensors for very serious issues and the Nicey nice crowd eventually just ended up echoing each other in a lets see who can type loudest, jerking contest.

Shitty environment to say the least. Although I see nothing wrong with a bit of whinging, I am wary of where these nit-picks can lead.

In any case I do not want to see the return of such a situation, being as how I am neither anti-sensor bias, (at least not after 5 pm), nor anti-sensor.

Standuble

Quit acting like an intellectual and start admitting you're just here for the self denial circle jerk.

I'm not even going to bother refuting anything you said. "P-traits"? don't make me laugh.

Don't be stupid. You don't think I can't stand up for myself in real life and that N's are pussies do you? Most of the time I have to assert myself to correct sensors make, whether it be at home or at work. Besides, you're not seriously going to tell me that SP's are more decisive and have better memories than NJ's? There is no self-denial circle jerk on my part, that I can assure you.

Standuble

Don't be stupid. You don't think I can't stand up for myself in real life and that N's are pussies do you? Most of the time I have to assert myself to correct sensors make, whether it be at home or at work. Besides, you're not seriously going to tell me that SP's are more decisive and have better memories than NJ's? There is no self-denial circle jerk on my part, that I can assure you.