• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuitives- What things do Sensors do that you dislike or reject?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Say things like (not that intuitives can't say this stuff):

"It's always been this way, so it's right"

"I have authority- thus, what you say doesn't matter because you're lower than me."

"You think too much."

"You need to do this."

"You aren't going to be successful not conforming."

"Have a big family, don't think, eat junk food, please the neighbors and have an okay job. That's how you'll succeed in life."

"That's impossible."

Hm. Mostly SJ talk it seems. Or just J.

Granted, I like it when sensors can spell.

E

Epiphany

I hate it when they go into excruciating detail about something I don't give a shit about. They could easily sum up 5 minutes of conversation into a few sentences that get straight to the point instead of rambling. I assume that my disinterest would be more apparent, but...they just keep talking.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I hate it when they go into excruciating detail about something I don't give a shit about.

You may have misread the title; this is about Ns not liking things about Ss...

(heh heh. No, go on. I haven't heard the backstory to LOTR in at least a week)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When they insist that "their" reality is the only way and try to make you feel stupid or an outsider for not seeing/agreeing with it.

Again,when they try to make you feel stupid or an outsider for not being good at following precise instructions, remembering details, etc.

See, I have nothing against sensors per se, I just have a problem with them when they don't accept me.

Also, they can be so boring with their long detailed descriptions of minuscule every-day-life shit, and often make me feel frustrated when i'm expressing a thought or a vaguely abstract concept and they can't bounce back my ideas. it's like talking to a wall. (but the difference between me and them is that I keep those thoughts to myself and don't judge them for their limitations, unlike them)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why did you post this in the SJ guardhouse? What's wrong with you?

Do you know that that some SJs feel very shit on by the way you people act on forums toward them (because we all know you're stereotyping SJs here in the SJ guardhouse) ...great, so hurt some people's feelings.

What is this even? A troll thread? Why is this in the SJ guard house?

E

Epiphany

lol I've never seen Lord of the Rings. But my friend who is a sensor LOVES it!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
"Have a big family, don't think, eat junk food, please the neighbors and have an okay job. That's how you'll succeed in life."

Um, has anyone actually ever said this to you IRL? Probably not. Pffft.

Granted, I like it when sensors can spell.

I do, too. It's much better than so-called iNtuitives who can't even manage to spell their own thread titles correctly.

This is what people confuse, I think. The "excrutiating detail" function is Si, and to a lesser extent (although it's buttressed by Si in INTPs, and they're really the only boring detail-y types besides the STJs), Ti. But SiTe is a deadly combination for detail mongering.

Why did you post this in the SJ guardhouse? What's wrong with you?

Do you know that that some SJs feel very shit on by the way you people act on forums toward them (because we all know you're stereotyping SJs here in the SJ guardhouse) ...great, so hurt some people's feelings.

What is this even? A troll thread? Why is this in the SJ guard house?

The irony being that most of these people are themselves probably SJs. They're just deluded about it and still cling to the idea that N is speshul.

But yeah, poor taste posting this here.

W

WALMART

I hate it when they go into excruciating detail about something I don't give a shit about. They could easily sum up 5 minutes of conversation into a few sentences that get straight to the point instead of rambling. I assume that my disinterest would be more apparent, but...they just keep talking.

This is so much evidence for Ne it's excruciating.

(your misplaced knowledge, that is)

W

WALMART

The only times I've been outright annoyed at sensing type stereotypes is when I'm attempting to have a serious discussion and it is undermined as unworthy of time, in favor of your mom and dick jokes.

So far this thread is an odd caricature depicting layman's application of typology. Who'd of guessed?

E

Epiphany

The only times I've been outright annoyed at sensing type stereotypes is when I'm attempting to have a serious discussion and it is undermined as unworthy of time, in favor of your mom and dick jokes.

So far this thread is an odd caricature of typology. Who'd of guessed?

Jokes about your mom's dick are not funny at all. Proceed with your serious discussion.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
how do any of the given examples have anything to do with being a sensor?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
lol I've never seen Lord of the Rings. But my friend who is a sensor LOVES it!

Nuts. Where's Jennifer when you need her? I'd use her as exhibit A (through Z) of detailed knowledge of Tolkien's universe.

This is what people confuse, I think. The "excrutiating detail" function is Si, and to a lesser extent (although it's buttressed by Si in INTPs, and they're really the only boring detail-y types besides the STJs), Ti. But SiTe is a deadly combination for detail mongering.

The irony... it's... so strong.

Standuble

Plenty of sensing defensiveness in this thread. Phobik's "Breed and Breathe" response hit the nail on the head so nice one there buddy. Admittedly however most of the sensors on this site have their positive qualities and I respect them and their posts about various subjects.

My experiences:

- "I was only trying to help!" in the SJ sense. They act or get involved in a situation, confident that they are right and making things better when in actuality a failure to see the bigger picture has made a situation much worse. Ever heard of the term "the road to hell is paved with good intentions?" This shows up in so many situations it has probably shaped the entire world a hundred times over. You would have been better off just not getting involved. Of course they aren't the only ones who make this mistake however P's would consider other opportunities or possibilities (only influencing a situation and not re-directing it as a result) and NJ's insight creates IMO usually an outcome which is benefitted or an unseen factor in the problem is eliminated.

- Going into mind-numbing detail. I am assuming the previous post about this was referring to the "step-by-step" feedback in strong Si conversations which does not serve the situation in any real way (nor provide any insight.) This drives me nuts, rather than a long page of "I thought this, then I thought that and decided this" or "She said this, then we did that and he said this and we had an argument about that" I wish they would use a more efficient system of perhaps "Today abc happened and this caused xyz to happen as a result." Simple feedback with an identification of consequences which can later be expanded upon if necessary to aid a new purpose. Only what has the potential to provide insight is imparted and as it is explained quickly you can then move on to a different idea or insight so a whole number of them can present themselves in a short period of time. Most of what sensors seem to say is without consequence!

- Act irrationally in the face of "N function traits." I have witnessed this more in inferior N types, in particular ESFPs and ISTJs. ISTJs acting defensively when Ne-determined insights or suggestions which have outside validity are imparted to them or ESFPs who's life's mission is to go to the gym or go out clubbing every weekend (this one is more for someone in particular I know) and you ask what the long term strategy, point or goal of what they are doing is or why they actually do what they do. Despite being fair questions they are shot down and usually the one who has asked them are insulted too. I can only assume they are unable to compute these issues which suggests a primitive mind.

- When they screw you or someone else over for something petty or pointless which carries no greater consequence and on the whole hasn't been thought through (e.g. repeating stealing small amounts of money from someone or shoplifting items from shops they have no need for without asking why they need the money/items or what their greater goal is by engaging in the act.)

- Having to re-explain something in concrete and basic terms when you thought it was in itself something easy to understand (just requiring a little bit of imagination.) If you find it too difficult to break down or decide not to in case the meaning is lost then you may find yourself being perceived as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about or who doesn't have an answer. Again, lack of imagination.

- (More of specific ones and perhaps not limited to sensors.) Arguing over semantics and/or aesthetics e.g. domestic disputes over two possible items which have the same "essence or characteristics" but have just minor variance in detail. Focusing only on the appearance of a bed or a table and arguing over which looks better or which one is more the "in thing" rather than seeing it as two permutations of the same output with superficial variance and focusing on what it provides e.g. levels of comfort or expected life-span.

TL;DR version:

1) Making something worse by not realising the bigger consequences of their actions.
2) Indulging in irrelevant detail.
3) Being irrationally defensive and/or aggressive when faced with N-determined questions or enquiries.
4) Carrying out tasks which serve no greater purpose.
5) Not understanding your reasoning through lack of imagination and dismissing it when you can't turn it into a language they can understand.
6) Focusing on minor details and areas worthy of attention and again missing the bigger picture.

KDude

I keep forgetting sensors are viewed in some of these ways. Not sure what to say. Deal with me on my own terms, or you might as well talk to a wall. :shrug:

MBTI Type
Mann
Plenty of sensing defensiveness in this thread. Phobik's "Breed and Breathe" response hit the nail on the head so nice one there buddy. Admittedly however most of the sensors on this site have their positive qualities and I respect them and their posts about various subjects.

My experiences:

- "I was only trying to help!" in the SJ sense. They act or get involved in a situation, confident that they are right and making things better when in actuality a failure to see the bigger picture has made a situation much worse. Ever heard of the term "the road to hell is paved with good intentions?" This shows up in so many situations it has probably shaped the entire world a hundred times over. You would have been better off just not getting involved. Of course they aren't the only ones who make this mistake however P's would consider other opportunities or possibilities (only influencing a situation and not re-directing it as a result) and NJ's insight creates IMO usually an outcome which is benefitted or an unseen factor in the problem is eliminated.

- Going into mind-numbing detail. I am assuming the previous post about this was referring to the "step-by-step" feedback in strong Si conversations which does not serve the situation in any real way (nor provide any insight.) This drives me nuts, rather than a long page of "I thought this, then I thought that and decided this" or "She said this, then we did that and he said this and we had an argument about that" I wish they would use a more efficient system of perhaps "Today abc happened and this caused xyz to happen as a result." Simple feedback with an identification of consequences which can later be expanded upon if necessary to aid a new purpose. Only what has the potential to provide insight is imparted and as it is explained quickly you can then move on to a different idea or insight so a whole number of them can present themselves in a short period of time. Most of what sensors seem to say is without consequence!

- Act irrationally in the face of "N function traits." I have witnessed this more in inferior N types, in particular ESFPs and ISTJs. ISTJs acting defensively when Ne-determined insights or suggestions which have outside validity are imparted to them or ESFPs who's life's mission is to go to the gym or go out clubbing every weekend (this one is more for someone in particular I know) and you ask what the long term strategy, point or goal of what they are doing is or why they actually do what they do. Despite being fair questions they are shot down and usually the one who has asked them are insulted too. I can only assume they are unable to compute these issues which suggests a primitive mind.

- When they screw you or someone else over for something petty or pointless which carries no greater consequence and on the whole hasn't been thought through (e.g. repeating stealing small amounts of money from someone or shoplifting items from shops they have no need for without asking why they need the money/items or what their greater goal is by engaging in the act.)

- Having to re-explain something in concrete and basic terms when you thought it was in itself something easy to understand (just requiring a little bit of imagination.) If you find it too difficult to break down or decide not to in case the meaning is lost then you may find yourself being perceived as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about or who doesn't have an answer. Again, lack of imagination.

- (More of specific ones and perhaps not limited to sensors.) Arguing over semantics and/or aesthetics e.g. domestic disputes over two possible items which have the same "essence or characteristics" but have just minor variance in detail. Focusing only on the appearance of a bed or a table and arguing over which looks better or which one is more the "in thing" rather than seeing it as two permutations of the same output with superficial variance and focusing on what it provides e.g. levels of comfort or expected life-span.

TL;DR version:

1) Making something worse by not realising the bigger consequences of their actions.
2) Indulging in irrelevant detail.
3) Being irrationally defensive and/or aggressive when faced with N-determined questions or enquiries.
4) Carrying out tasks which serve no greater purpose.
5) Not understanding your reasoning through lack of imagination and dismissing it when you can't turn it into a language they can understand.
6) Focusing on minor details and areas worthy of attention and again missing the bigger picture.

Thank Zeus for TL;DR