User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

SJ dad and "Because I said so". I won't say this is exclusively sensor, but I have only noted sensing preference saying it alot. This phraze alone has driven a massive communication wedge between us. My brother (NT) is smart, he just gave up long ago, believing the rents are incapeable of critical thought. I, being the over-reactive-authority-hater I am, have probably lost weeks of my life to this phraze and arguing "Because you said so? but why? Why? WHY? This isn't fair/right/effective/appropriate.. certainly there must be SOME method to this madness!" Eh, it kinda reminds me of this Louis CK bit:
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Basically what people have said about strong Si types. My mom is constantly talking to me about boring mundane stuff I don't care about when I'm trying to think about things, and it just barges into my thoughts. And goes on about things when I say I get it. And the SJ's can be rather intolerant of unconventional ideas.

But I like S's most of the time. I'm not a hater. I have 3 good friends who are S's.

your resident asshole

I hate all of these "What do you hate about type X?" threads. Why the hell do they keep appearing and getting so long?

I hate all of the types because they're all idiots. There, does that make you all happy?

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Breed. Breathe.
    I guess I shouldn't have come in this thread anyway...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Why the hell do they keep appearing and getting so long?
    If you have to ask you're streets behind.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Um, has anyone actually ever said this to you IRL? Probably not. Pffft.
    Actually, an ESFJ said that to me once. I just paraphrased it and shortened it. Although I will say the junk food did not equal success. I should have put that last for accuracy.

My apologies that my tales seem unbelievable. I went to high school with a wealth of sensors. Specifically SJs.

I do, too. It's much better than so-called iNtuitives who can't even manage to spell their own thread titles correctly.
    That is what I was referring to, clearly.

For the record, I don't by any means hate sensors. I hate shit intuitives do too. Sometimes more, sometimes equally.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=7197" target="_blank">Antimony</a>'s mention of a comedy routine reminded me of this. This has started playing in my head whenever my ESFJ mom starts rambling about something I don't care about (and, unfortunately, that's quite a lot sometimes.)

Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

the thing i most dislike about sensors are, that they dont help me progress at anything and are just on the way so i couldnt meet intuitors who would actually be useful to me. (isfp's occasionally do exception at this)

and the second reason, are monologues of this sort: "you know, today i saw a car. it was red, it has several windows and four black wheels! they had grey inner circle things, and the car was going faster than i could ever run! and and and, and i think and and it has a human driving it! the weather was pleasant, sun was beaming into my would be eyes werent it for my sunglasses. but oh! it was sunny! you know, our nearest star imbuing its wrath upon us from afar!"

i would rather not exchange useless conversations. and that last part.. uhm, only intuitor would exclaim weather in this manner xD.. sensors are more of the line.. "itss' sunny!"

third reason is that you just dont seem real. its like your fictional characters, like npc's in games.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I hate all of these "What do you hate about type X?" threads. Why the hell do they keep appearing and getting so long?

I hate all of the types because they're all idiots. There, does that make you all happy?

I guess I shouldn't have come in this thread anyway...
    perhaps, but i think its funny to delve into detail, why exactly do people hate each other? i can say i love everyone, cause i do, but i still dislike many or probably most or everyone for some reason or another. i think its fine to dislike, as long as you dont let it become hate, and the best way to change hate into dislike is by having a good look of at how irrational your hate really is. we are all good from the heart, as are we also all stupid, oh so stupid.

hate is an emotion which messes your head up. so, i would recommend changing it into dislike.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Breed. Breathe.
    Harsh.

MBTI
    INTP

There are type of S type. Se people can be reckless, impulsive, and not really caring about ideas and think of them as "intellectual garbage." While Si people can be vary dogmatic, and not accept new things, and be more concerned with whether is lines up with something they already know.
    The HOW and WHY is EVERYTHING! Look not at behaviors nor even beliefs, but the ideas behind HOW and WHY they are held. Only then are your judgements......somewhat acceptable.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I often wonder if any of these butthurt intuitives on this forum have considered that maybe they aren't associating with intelligent people in their lives; and blaming the S types is just a simple, but inaccurate way of pegging something on that? You have literally no basis at all for any claims about what "S" types do, or how it's them that does these things specifically. I can think of a few dumb intuitive types, and I've known and do know some pretty damn smart S types. If you think Ss cause so many issues with your life you could always change your life to associate with people who are more like you. This forum is based around the fact that there are a ton of different kinds of people, and to highlight the differences; and yet you contradict this gift of perception by blaming half the types that exist.

This isn't addressed to any specific person, by the way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)