that is patently untrue
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Still waiting for something that is actually sensing-related......

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    that is patently untrue
    Yeah usually they are smelly and unwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    true. but we're talking about psychology, not physiology.
    We are....but I don't see why we should trump reason with unproven speculation, especially when it comes to such a widespread series of traits.

Basically I find it unsatisfying to palm off such skills as being part of something as intangible as cognitive function theory. Especially when better and more empirically provable answers already exist.

For example i'll admit i'm not much of a one for details that don't interest me, in fact only my job keeps me in check with regards to paying attention to more immediate matters, this is a learned series of traits, as a consequence my ability at memorising certain things has risen by conscious application in an appropriate arena that demands it.

I could be Si dominant, but that has less impact on memory than people realise, in fact Si is by definition about a very specific individual reality, (individual to the extreme in fact based on which Si dom it is), that often masquerades as a series of objective observations and requirements.

What Si dominants could be speculated to memorise are details that are important to THAT reality they hold in their heads from their subjective interpretations of their own sensory impressions, not details in general.

So a particular ISJ could be very good at rote memory of general details given the experience in their life, but a different ISJ may not be.

Essentially specific memory of general details isn't how it works based on it's description. Although this is perhaps just arguing semantics.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Believe it or not neither do I. I drew my criticisms of sensors primarily from a selection I personally encountered and from that determined that there is a likelihood the whole population follows similar guidelines. I would not be surprised if there were anomalies to the rule.

I hope you aren't asserting that those in this thread with criticisms against sensors merely fear them and that their reasons for disliking them are just a smokescreen. Perhaps if they do fear them it is because they fear potential brain death?
    I don't want people to hate what they do not understand. The thread title implies there is a hostility toward sensors. And to come in and see a lot of condescending remarks is a mark of ignorance or insecurity.

why should anyone "fear" potential brain death? If that's the case, put up a wall and stop talking to them. If they're your boss, either learn to understand and deal with it or work somewhere else.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    that is patently untrue
    what about it specifically? I said they "tend" to. That's mostly based off of my personal experience.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Well, going off of a select few posts on the forum, I'm going to go with:

Exist.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This thread proves that both Sensosluts and iNtuitards are equally as ignorant.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Believe it or not neither do I. I drew my criticisms of sensors primarily from a selection I personally encountered and from that determined that there is a likelihood the whole population follows similar guidelines. I would not be surprised if there were anomalies to the rule.

I hope you aren't asserting that those in this thread with criticisms against sensors merely fear them and that their reasons for disliking them are just a smokescreen. Perhaps if they do fear them it is because they fear potential brain death?
    Fundamental attribution error
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    This thread proves that both Sensosluts and iNtuitards are equally as ignorant.
    I really hate the whole bias on how intuitive people are "smarter" it just goes against what personality theory is all about to begin with.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    The irony... it's... so strong.
    I don't get it? Unless the two computer lines worth of text that I wrote count as "excrutiating detail?"
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness