• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Don't be stupid. You don't think I can't stand up for myself in real life and that N's are pussies? Besides, you're not seriously going to tell me that SP's are more decisive and have better memories than NJ's?

Yes, perhaps we're arguing over syntax, they do have better memories. Se users do not, on the average daily, feel comfortable with any loose ends. Se users usually know where all their items and belongings are even if their room is a complete mess. Everything has its place. NJ's, specifically lack Si in their function order to remember many details. NJ's tend to be very clean and orderly as an overcompensation for their lack of ability to remember details. Si doms are specifically the best at recalling specific information. Ne dominants are the least capable of recalling specific information and most prone to leaving their keys in the refrigerator.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dislike the question for 'why' or 'what is the reason you do xyz'.

Recently I build this:

Its a computer on wheels so far and I am trying to turn it into a house assistant you can interact with by speech. When I do this stuff, sensors always tend to ask me 'why or what is the greater purpose'.

I dunno, because its fun. The quest for reason in life I think is kinda worthless. And reason is relative. Do I give my life reason by working 24/7 ? Do I give my life reason by earning a million per month ? I dunno, reason is a very complicated topic

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yes, perhaps we're arguing over syntax, they do have better memories. Se users do not, on the average daily, feel comfortable with any loose ends. Se users usually know where all their items and belongings are even if their room is a complete mess. Everything has its place. NJ's, specifically lack Si in their function order to remember many details. NJ's tend to be very clean and orderly as an overcompensation for their lack of ability to remember details. Si doms are specifically the best at recalling specific information. Ne dominants are the least capable of recalling specific information and most prone to leaving their keys in the refrigerator.

Yeah....old age basically trumps all that when it comes to a reason.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Don't be stupid. You don't think I can't stand up for myself in real life and that N's are pussies do you? Most of the time I have to assert myself to correct sensors make, whether it be at home or at work. Besides, you're not seriously going to tell me that SP's are more decisive and have better memories than NJ's? There is no self-denial circle jerk on my part, that I can assure you.

Also, my brain does not work the same as yours. Do not assume I view N's as pussies. I do not judge an entire group by a LETTER.

The only people I consider "pussies" are those who allow their fears to control their behavior.

Standuble

Also, my brain does not work the same as yours. Do not assume I view N's as pussies. I do not judge an entire group by a LETTER.

The only people I consider "pussies" are those who allow their fears to control their behavior.

Believe it or not neither do I. I drew my criticisms of sensors primarily from a selection I personally encountered and from that determined that there is a likelihood the whole population follows similar guidelines. I would not be surprised if there were anomalies to the rule.

I hope you aren't asserting that those in this thread with criticisms against sensors merely fear them and that their reasons for disliking them are just a smokescreen. Perhaps if they do fear them it is because they fear potential brain death?

W

WALMART

I hate when sensors fix my bike on the trails I ride. I feel incomplete as a human not knowing what I should have done.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why ...Just why. What is the point of this? The title of this thread is so leading and negative. It sounds like your just trying to dump on sensors instead of encouraging a discussion on the differences between intuitives and sensors in every day life. Why not ask intuitives "what are some things sensors can do that you can't." Maybe then you'd actually gain some insight as to what the differences are without putting sensors on the defensive. The fact that you tried to gain information at the expense of sensing types just makes you look elitist and if you were not posting this thread to gather insights then why post it?? I read through this thread and some intuitives expressed that they don't like when sensors make them feel stupid or reject their point of view because they think differently. Isn't this thread basically doing the same thing to sensors?? I'm not saying you intended you come across this way. Maybe your intentions were 100% pure but your delivery just needs work. There are other ways to get this information.

Just reposting this because Introvert basically said everything I was going too.

Vast majority of the comments I see intuitives making are all valid....but I don't feel they're type related. Many of the frustrations I've heard from intuitives about sensors are frustrations *I* have with intuitives. I mean, I hear intuitives complain about how sensors don't listen to them....and then in the same thread, complain about how you don't want us to bore you with details. Why is it ok if you bore us with details unit wrong for us?

I don't think I try to bore anyone with details, I just try and put an answer in its proper context, to help explain it better. If I'm adding details you don't need, then jut tell me that and I'll try and get less descriptive or straight to the point (which is odd, since that's one of things sensors are often critized for). It's that not good enough for you then I'm sorry but I'm doing the best I can

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
In all honesty, I think threads like these are gross. I think communication is typically the root of the issue.. on both sides, i.e. human interaction. I also think that learning to communicate with and find the beauty in as many different flavors of personality is more valuable than complaining and assuming the outcome before it's happened. It's also more difficult so therein lies the problem. Bitching is much easier than working on communicating differently. So, to answer the OP, I dislike when anyone does that, Sensor or iNtuitive, and both do it, but both can learn to not do it too, so that's a plus.

Jaguar

This thread is like someone asking me if I prefer red or yellow when I'm wearing an orange sweatshirt.
Stevie Wonder has better vision.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Still waiting for something that is actually sensing-related......

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
that is patently untrue

Yeah usually they are smelly and unwashed.

true. but we're talking about psychology, not physiology.

We are....but I don't see why we should trump reason with unproven speculation, especially when it comes to such a widespread series of traits.

Basically I find it unsatisfying to palm off such skills as being part of something as intangible as cognitive function theory. Especially when better and more empirically provable answers already exist.

For example i'll admit i'm not much of a one for details that don't interest me, in fact only my job keeps me in check with regards to paying attention to more immediate matters, this is a learned series of traits, as a consequence my ability at memorising certain things has risen by conscious application in an appropriate arena that demands it.

I could be Si dominant, but that has less impact on memory than people realise, in fact Si is by definition about a very specific individual reality, (individual to the extreme in fact based on which Si dom it is), that often masquerades as a series of objective observations and requirements.

What Si dominants could be speculated to memorise are details that are important to THAT reality they hold in their heads from their subjective interpretations of their own sensory impressions, not details in general.

So a particular ISJ could be very good at rote memory of general details given the experience in their life, but a different ISJ may not be.

Essentially specific memory of general details isn't how it works based on it's description. Although this is perhaps just arguing semantics.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Believe it or not neither do I. I drew my criticisms of sensors primarily from a selection I personally encountered and from that determined that there is a likelihood the whole population follows similar guidelines. I would not be surprised if there were anomalies to the rule.

I hope you aren't asserting that those in this thread with criticisms against sensors merely fear them and that their reasons for disliking them are just a smokescreen. Perhaps if they do fear them it is because they fear potential brain death?

I don't want people to hate what they do not understand. The thread title implies there is a hostility toward sensors. And to come in and see a lot of condescending remarks is a mark of ignorance or insecurity.

why should anyone "fear" potential brain death? If that's the case, put up a wall and stop talking to them. If they're your boss, either learn to understand and deal with it or work somewhere else.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well, going off of a select few posts on the forum, I'm going to go with:

Exist.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread proves that both Sensosluts and iNtuitards are equally as ignorant.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Fundamental attribution error

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This thread proves that both Sensosluts and iNtuitards are equally as ignorant.

I really hate the whole bias on how intuitive people are "smarter" it just goes against what personality theory is all about to begin with.