User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This thread highlights the ignorance of intuitives more than sensors, it's entertaining.
    QFT
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

There appears to be question as to the forum location. The thread is about issues there might be, relative to Ss and Ns or Ns and Ss.

This is about the relationship of the two, with possible types of issues that may come up.

Both types are commenting. Learning and some thoughts and concerns and discomforts are being expressed.

I know some types of potential issues are conflicting, but that's not really bad because it's one common way of learning understanding each other. That's what people do every day on TypoC where typology dynamics are discussed.

If there had been a forum for the combination of the two, that's where it would have been posted.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Why ...Just why. What is the point of this? The title of this thread is so leading and negative. It sounds like your just trying to dump on sensors instead of encouraging a discussion on the differences between intuitives and sensors in every day life. Why not ask intuitives "what are some things sensors can do that you can't." Maybe then you'd actually gain some insight as to what the differences are without putting sensors on the defensive. The fact that you tried to gain information at the expense of sensing types just makes you look elitist and if you were not posting this thread to gather insights then why post it?? I read through this thread and some intuitives expressed that they don't like when sensors make them feel stupid or reject their point of view because they think differently. Isn't this thread basically doing the same thing to sensors?? I'm not saying you intended you come across this way. Maybe your intentions were 100% pure but your delivery just needs work. There are other ways to get this information.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Mod note: moved to general MBTI, as it was neither specific to SJs nor even directed at them. Carry on, and play nice.
    -end of thread-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    I read through this thread and some intuitives expressed that they don't like when sensors make them feel stupid or reject their point of view because they think differently. Isn't this thread basically doing the same thing to sensors??

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Mod note: moved to general MBTI, as it was neither specific to SJs nor even directed at them. Carry on, and play nice.

Thanks, Randomnity!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

And once again the idol of false hatred is thrown up.

Maybe I am just suppressing a harsh truth in the nature of people for my own peace of mind, but I find it hard to objectify a vast slew of people just so I can cast them as the villain in my personal opera of woes and hard-done-by's.

This is an issue that begs the question of intrinsic existence in what MBTI and other personality matrices seek to identify. Differences among people certainly exist, whether through genetics, environment or a combination of the two, it is also true that two people in almost identical circumstances can and have turned out differently in their character.

But we are still a long way off knowing ourselves, we lack the proof that explains the rule. Because of this we all too often apply the rule without any of the proof, causing needless damage to ourselves and others, after all you must tread somewhat lightly on the plain of human cognition, because if you get it wrong it scars not just the object of this hatred, but also the initiators.

This also lowers and halts our progress as a species. We should guard against collective assumptions and traps that come in the guise of justified resentment. In the end we have a hunch, an assumption, and currently no way of affirming said hunch.

To this end MBTI is best used as a stepping stone to more in-depth methods of self-discovery, not, as many are inclined to do, as a tool to decry our enemies and box them so that we may examine them from our tower of impermeable superiority.

I was often excluded and ridiculed in my childhood, I felt both left out and wary of being trapped in a group delusion. But ultimately my derision, which had started so early on as a hatred towards certain groups, evolved over time into an understanding of the truely dangerous individuals within them. To do otherwise is to step backwards into a more primitive mind-state.

Both sensors and intuitives have things to answer for in the world of misdeeds and mistreatment. And both also imprint upon the world in their own way.

To accuse either one of certain traits is to tar the soul and set fire to it in self-destruction.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TITLE.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE TITLE.
    R U Senzor?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I hate it when they don't become my friends. Especially SPs.
    I really like cats and food.