• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

THINGS SENSORS DO THAT INTUITIVES HATE

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why is this in the Guardhouse and not the NT or NF subforums?

Standuble

It's where the SJ's won't be able to ignore it I suspect. Either that or the OP could not just justify putting it in one N subforum over the other.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No idea. Why not the Arthouse, for that matter? This ain't just about SJs.

Shoulda gone in the general MBTI subforum, imo.

Also: No cause for concern unless they make an equivalent thread for Ns! There's a similar thread aimed at SFJs, but seeing something aimed at all Sensors would be better.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This thread highlights the ignorance of intuitives more than sensors, it's entertaining.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There appears to be question as to the forum location. The thread is about issues there might be, relative to Ss and Ns or Ns and Ss.

This is about the relationship of the two, with possible types of issues that may come up.

Both types are commenting. Learning and some thoughts and concerns and discomforts are being expressed.

I know some types of potential issues are conflicting, but that's not really bad because it's one common way of learning understanding each other. That's what people do every day on TypoC where typology dynamics are discussed.

If there had been a forum for the combination of the two, that's where it would have been posted.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why ...Just why. What is the point of this? The title of this thread is so leading and negative. It sounds like your just trying to dump on sensors instead of encouraging a discussion on the differences between intuitives and sensors in every day life. Why not ask intuitives "what are some things sensors can do that you can't." Maybe then you'd actually gain some insight as to what the differences are without putting sensors on the defensive. The fact that you tried to gain information at the expense of sensing types just makes you look elitist and if you were not posting this thread to gather insights then why post it?? I read through this thread and some intuitives expressed that they don't like when sensors make them feel stupid or reject their point of view because they think differently. Isn't this thread basically doing the same thing to sensors?? I'm not saying you intended you come across this way. Maybe your intentions were 100% pure but your delivery just needs work. There are other ways to get this information.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mod note: moved to general MBTI, as it was neither specific to SJs nor even directed at them. Carry on, and play nice.

Within

Permabanned
I read through this thread and some intuitives expressed that they don't like when sensors make them feel stupid or reject their point of view because they think differently. Isn't this thread basically doing the same thing to sensors??

2dm6r9f.gif

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mod note: moved to general MBTI, as it was neither specific to SJs nor even directed at them. Carry on, and play nice.
:yesss:

Thanks, Randomnity! :)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
And once again the idol of false hatred is thrown up.

Maybe I am just suppressing a harsh truth in the nature of people for my own peace of mind, but I find it hard to objectify a vast slew of people just so I can cast them as the villain in my personal opera of woes and hard-done-by's.

This is an issue that begs the question of intrinsic existence in what MBTI and other personality matrices seek to identify. Differences among people certainly exist, whether through genetics, environment or a combination of the two, it is also true that two people in almost identical circumstances can and have turned out differently in their character.

But we are still a long way off knowing ourselves, we lack the proof that explains the rule. Because of this we all too often apply the rule without any of the proof, causing needless damage to ourselves and others, after all you must tread somewhat lightly on the plain of human cognition, because if you get it wrong it scars not just the object of this hatred, but also the initiators.

This also lowers and halts our progress as a species. We should guard against collective assumptions and traps that come in the guise of justified resentment. In the end we have a hunch, an assumption, and currently no way of affirming said hunch.

To this end MBTI is best used as a stepping stone to more in-depth methods of self-discovery, not, as many are inclined to do, as a tool to decry our enemies and box them so that we may examine them from our tower of impermeable superiority.

I was often excluded and ridiculed in my childhood, I felt both left out and wary of being trapped in a group delusion. But ultimately my derision, which had started so early on as a hatred towards certain groups, evolved over time into an understanding of the truely dangerous individuals within them. To do otherwise is to step backwards into a more primitive mind-state.

Both sensors and intuitives have things to answer for in the world of misdeeds and mistreatment. And both also imprint upon the world in their own way.

To accuse either one of certain traits is to tar the soul and set fire to it in self-destruction.

Nicki

Retired
I hate it when they don't become my friends. Especially SPs.