User Tag List

First 4121314

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    An amusing chapter. I wonder who writes the school books ..
    A group, no doubt, with no true form of consciousness. The final group that could not do. Those that look for a captured market to exploit.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    A group, no doubt, with no true form of consciousness. The final group that could not do. Those that look for a captured market to exploit.
    Trash for money. I recall an awful book of biology, in the gymnasium. It was supposedly written in Finnish. You had to know Greek and Latin to comprehend the words. A dozen writers ..

MBTI
    iNtj
    Enneagram
    582 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Sensors hate that Intuitives, and Intuitives hate that Sensors:

1. Don't seem to acknowledge what's important about reality
    2. Don't seem to get to the point

etc.

Despite different-seeming specifics, it's always going to be mutual. There will just be a counter-point to every point. What's the point of beating the bush, going in an infinite loop?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    because its distastefully cliche andd inoriginal -.-

if i wish to exa´claim something ordinary, it has to be at least done in a way which would justify me wasting my breath.

and at those stories.. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................ THAATS......... ugh, how could you, you.. you seriously pay that much attention to their boring stories!?? =O

i just think their sensorian talk is torture. i want to hear something NEEEEEEW! =]

EDIT: oh wow, edit fail, came as a double post! =X

EDIT: and another reason why i wouldnt say "its hot!" is cause that would more than likely sound like sarcasm mock at their ways of exclamation, and i dont want to risk sensors coming with fists at me.

although im tempted, i would like to have a day when i just pretend to be an esfj without my comments becoming mockery, although esfj like. so far my esfj me is pretty damn racist, and i only pretend so in presence of istp's to create common ground.

but aww! =] the esfj's are so innocently stupid with their whole hearted stupid comments, so its only perfect for sarcasm to pretend one with not so innocent stupid comments.
    perhaps, but it doesnt change the fact i cant seem to find anything useful there =/

I do understand that the way in which Sensors tend to present data can be distasteful to a strong N. A heavy flow of concrete data can be hard for us to keep up with; I understand what you feel in that regard. Heavy outpourings of Si or Se can be like a flood of data we don't have any storage space available for, so we have to either slosh through it, struggling to keep up, or wait until it's over, so we can try to make sense of it as a whole.

However, I think you may want to reconsider the value of S perception. Yes, it's raw, detailed, tangible, practical, and perhaps sometimes "boring" if you're more interested in theoretical pursuit. But without balance, N perception can lose grasp of reality so quickly that it becomes completely arbitrary, and even just factually completely wrong. Sensors offer Ns a huge gift in that they condense all the information that Ns tend to miss out on. Sensors can become extremely valuable people to discuss with once you understand the importance of their perception in balancing your own - their information improves your N understanding, because it forces you to fact-check your theories and concepts. The Sensors I know easily hold their own and often vastly increase my understanding in many topics because they add knowledge of real facts, events, things, processes, systems, places, and people to my conceptual viewpoint - not to mention they generally are expert at grasping how things work and how to get things done. Ss are not lacking in intelligence because of their perception style.

Secondly, regardless of whether you find their perception appealing or not, I don't think it's fair or even remotely accurate to call Ss "stupid" or be patronizing to them. What I don't understand is why you believe it's the Sensors' fault that their communication style is not easily dealt with by you, and how it makes them "stupid" - and how it makes it okay to insult them - because they may emphasize the things that you personally aren't interested in. If you struggle to grasp the importance of S information, then the one with a deficiency in understanding is you, not them. Moreover, it's unkind and unfair to insult anyone for a lack of intelligence, as no one chooses that.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

"
    ISFJ version: Today, while I was having lunch at Mel's Deli, I saw a 1958 red convertible classic Corvette, with a rounded windshield, white-wall tires, and chrome hub caps that looked newer than the rest of the car. It was keeping up in acceleration with the other cars on the road, and the guy driving it looked a little like my grandpa, kind of short and heavy with these bright happy eyes. It felt great outside, like Spring has finally come, but I was glad to have my sunglasses, since my eyes are so sensitive.

ISTP version: Hey, I saw a Lotus Exige in the gym parking lot today. It's about as big as Dad is, he'll never fit. He should really go for the Porsche instead. The red looked good, didn't show a lot of dirt. I can't imagine why anyone would put shitty Conti wheels on it, though - the driver tore it out of the lot and practically left a chunk of tire on the ground. The air was so hot you could smell the rubber from across the road, it was disgusting.

There is plenty of interesting content in either of those paragraphs, from the place to the type of car to its specs to the driver to the change of season to whether Dad can fit in a Lotus.

Compare "our nearest star imbuing its wrath upon us from afar", an N sort of thing to say. Why would you not just say "it's hot!"?
    "

because its distastefully cliche andd inoriginal -.-

if i wish to exa´claim something ordinary, it has to be at least done in a way which would justify me wasting my breath.

and at those stories.. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW................ THAATS......... ugh, how could you, you.. you seriously pay that much attention to their boring stories!?? =O

i just think their sensorian talk is torture. i want to hear something NEEEEEEW! =]

EDIT: oh wow, edit fail, came as a double post! =X

EDIT: and another reason why i wouldnt say "its hot!" is cause that would more than likely sound like sarcasm mock at their ways of exclamation, and i dont want to risk sensors coming with fists at me.

although im tempted, i would like to have a day when i just pretend to be an esfj without my comments becoming mockery, although esfj like. so far my esfj me is pretty damn racist, and i only pretend so in presence of istp's to create common ground.

but aww! =] the esfj's are so innocently stupid with their whole hearted stupid comments, so its only perfect for sarcasm to pretend one with not so innocent stupid comments.
    You know you can move the quote tags around and add new ones to break up the paragraphs you're responding to so your posts aren't really confusing to read, right? Like this:

"
    ISFJ version: Today, while I was having lunch at Mel's Deli, I saw a 1958 red convertible classic Corvette, with a rounded windshield, white-wall tires, and chrome hub caps that looked newer than the rest of the car. It was keeping up in acceleration with the other cars on the road, and the guy driving it looked a little like my grandpa, kind of short and heavy with these bright happy eyes. It felt great outside, like Spring has finally come, but I was glad to have my sunglasses, since my eyes are so sensitive.
    (your response here)
    ISTP version: Hey, I saw a Lotus Exige in the gym parking lot today. It's about as big as Dad is, he'll never fit. He should really go for the Porsche instead. The red looked good, didn't show a lot of dirt. I can't imagine why anyone would put shitty Conti wheels on it, though - the driver tore it out of the lot and practically left a chunk of tire on the ground. The air was so hot you could smell the rubber from across the road, it was disgusting.

There is plenty of interesting content in either of those paragraphs, from the place to the type of car to its specs to the driver to the change of season to whether Dad can fit in a Lotus.

Compare "our nearest star imbuing its wrath upon us from afar", an N sort of thing to say. Why would you not just say "it's hot!"?
    "
    My humble apologies for giving you useless S information. Not sure why I'm bothering, but hey, improved clarity in posts here is always a good thing, I suppose.
    -end of thread-

garbage

We all know that focusing on detail and actual reality is quite important at times, but that attempts to draw broad patterns and trajectory are important at other times? The act of eschewing and deriding the former, in its entirety, is itself using too broad of a brush.

Anyone ever heard of cameras? They have zoom lenses. We tend to throw out pictures that are too blurry, don't we? So, we expect them to be capable of focus on a variety of levels.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

I do understand that the way in which Sensors tend to present data can be distasteful to a strong N. A heavy flow of concrete data can be hard for us to keep up with; I understand what you feel in that regard. Heavy outpourings of Si or Se can be like a flood of data we don't have any storage space available for, so we have to either slosh through it, struggling to keep up, or wait until it's over, so we can try to make sense of it as a whole.

However, I think you may want to reconsider the value of S perception. Yes, it's raw, detailed, tangible, practical, and perhaps sometimes "boring" if you're more interested in theoretical pursuit. But without balance, N perception can lose grasp of reality so quickly that it becomes completely arbitrary, and even just factually completely wrong. Sensors offer Ns a huge gift in that they condense all the information that Ns tend to miss out on. Sensors can become extremely valuable people to discuss with once you understand the importance of their perception in balancing your own - their information improves your N understanding, because it forces you to fact-check your theories and concepts. The Sensors I know easily hold their own and often vastly increase my understanding in many topics because they add knowledge of real facts, events, things, processes, systems, places, and people to my conceptual viewpoint - not to mention they generally are expert at grasping how things work and how to get things done. Ss are not lacking in intelligence because of their perception style.

Secondly, regardless of whether you find their perception appealing or not, I don't think it's fair or even remotely accurate to call Ss "stupid" or be patronizing to them. What I don't understand is why you believe it's the Sensors' fault that their communication style is not easily dealt with by you, and how it makes them "stupid" - and how it makes it okay to insult them - because they may emphasize the things that you personally aren't interested in. If you struggle to grasp the importance of S information, then the one with a deficiency in understanding is you, not them. Moreover, it's unkind and unfair to insult anyone for a lack of intelligence, as no one chooses that.
    emm.. i think we are all stupid, just in different ways. and all intelligent, in different ways. or at least we _try_ <.<

i dont think its so evil to insult other people, after all i love them all and mere words dont tell what i think of them in my heart.

i do think i can now see the value of sensorian understanding, but i still often struggle synthesizing my conceptual thinking into a conversation both sides can enjoy, due the translation problems, but i think im getting better at it.

i think best conversation is the mutual flow of thoughts but ive been in an Ni Ti loop for years so its hard getting my thoughts out, and especially im afraid of my tender side being rejected. i think most often my problem is in talking about new things, i find it so much easier to present all my previous thoughts(which is fruitless for me) but proceeding into new territory is difficult, and i guess this culture has tainted me quite pessimistic attitude about it to make it more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    You know you can move the quote tags around and add new ones to break up the paragraphs you're responding to so your posts aren't really confusing to read, right? Like this:

(your response here)

My humble apologies for giving you useless S information. Not sure why I'm bothering, but hey, improved clarity in posts here is always a good thing, I suppose.
    i find it really hard to comprehend. for some reason ive always had this problem with istp's online, but not face to face. i guess its just difference in preferences, but were you suggesting i should edit the original piece of text i copied? O_O i.. think i placed the quote marks where i think it was most easy to understand.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.