User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Why is the title in all caps?

ReflecTcelfeR

I hate it when Sensors sense things and use like theree ability to see and smeell and like dream about the passt its like BORRRRINGGG.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Now I have no idea what you are talking about. MBTI is not "written stone." Are you saying every INFJ is the same for example?
    yes, every infj has the same character class called infj, however as you stupidly suggested, mbti is not the only attribute in play.

you know, in this game mbti is your class while your attributes are instincts and enneagram is your profession. just like in rpg games.

"And when did God come into play?"

christianity has preceded mbti by understanding much what mbti explains,(but before mbti) so how is it not relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Nothing more than what I've already expressed. ISTP's and INFJ's aren't so different, you and us. Given the preference for Ni I would imagine a bit more contextual affluence, but that's just my sensing rationality at work...
    yes, i think your type of people are so disconnected from the context to the point of your thoughts having nothing to do with reality at all, thus in my opinion your type is the most in the clouds/in their heads of all mbti types in the classical sense of those terms.

and no, istp's and infj's arent so different, but theres a canyon between our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    CAUSE CAPSOLOCKING IN THE NAME OF GOD IS POWER.

SEE? HOW POWERFUL I AM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This idea stems from the fact that Jung was a Calvinist (or rather, raised and tortured to be one).

I'm curious if you are too.
    i red the wiki article, but it didnt make any sense to me so.. no idea.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

@Vilku

You are representing the extreme end of MBTI, that of assuming an unproven idea is inherent and tangible. Although don't misunderstand, I believe there is a great deal of heuristic evidence for both Jung and MBTI.

After all, many of us have wondered throughout human awakening from the ocean to the trees to land, about how two people in almost identical circumstances and environments can turn out completely differently. Look at babies; babies often have many differences between them from an early age.

However, you appear to have become so transfixed by your own vision of what is and what will be that you have no scope of anything else. It's ironic really, in this quest for spreading assumptive bias, you seemed to have been robbed of the very intuitive skills you are so proud of.

Of course we all make the mistake at some point in our lives when it comes to the minds of others. Either assuming everyone thinks the same or assuming no one thinks like us or can understand us. From a very literal interpretation, no one can understand another individual, not fully, because they do not inhabit their body or mind.

But there can be a meeting ground of ideas and thoughts and most importantly: of perspectives.

You havn't minced words about the hurt you have suffered or the people who have hurt you. But perspectives are an ever changing state as is the nature of humanity in general.
    A poor environment with negative interactions will of course colour the perspective of that individual and it takes a remarkably strong willed one not to fall into this trap, the same goes for a positive one.

In contrast to your rather nihlistic signature, our meaning in life is generally our own, we spend so long looking outside of ourselves for a reason to do, that we become depressed when nothing appears. Although I agree somewhat on us being slaves, but like anything a perspective is just a view and perhaps you might conclude if people cannot agree with you, then they cannot see what you see and therefore fall short of your vision.

But this is just an idea, i'm not saying it IS what you do. Although since we are slaves to our own determination, why not enjoy it? Free will both exists and doesn't within human spheres of understanding; people are told so often about the freedom of choice they have, that when it appears not to exist they get extremely short sighted about the future of anything, especially themselves. This can then become projected outwards into a rather childish negativity directed at all who don't or won't agree. In truth to give up and throw yourself into abject hopelessness seems to be a sign of giving up to me.

The point of this, though, is that you have spent considerable amounts of time spreading your pains on this forum and most of all your generalisation's of an entire group of people, based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy.

I sympathise with the troubles you have had and have explained on here. I won't pretend to know what it's like, nor will I pretend to ultimately understand, just as you cannot fully understand myself.

But that's the point; you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily. Ultimately all that does is blind you to the possibilities that might be and leaves you locked into your spiralling, self-destructive idealism.

Regardless, you can take it or leave it. It was just a thought.

Just don't give in to the paranoid eyes:

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I hate it when Sensors sense things and use like theree ability to see and smeell and like dream about the passt its like BORRRRINGGG.
    You forgot the present. We like to dream about the present, too.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    @Vilku

You are representing the extreme end of MBTI, that of assuming an unproven idea is inherent and tangible. Although don't misunderstand, I believe there is a great deal of heuristic evidence for both Jung and MBTI.

After all, many of us have wondered throughout human awakening from the ocean to the trees to land, about how two people in almost identical circumstances and environments can turn out completely differently. Look at babies; babies often have many differences between them from an early age.

However, you appear to have become so transfixed by your own vision of what is and what will be that you have no scope of anything else. It's ironic really, in this quest for spreading assumptive bias, you seemed to have been robbed of the very intuitive skills you are so proud of.

Of course we all make the mistake at some point in our lives when it comes to the minds of others. Either assuming everyone thinks the same or assuming no one thinks like us or can understand us. From a very literal interpretation, no one can understand another individual, not fully, because they do not inhabit their body or mind.

But there can be a meeting ground of ideas and thoughts and most importantly: of perspectives.

You havn't minced words about the hurt you have suffered or the people who have hurt you. But perspectives are an ever changing state as is the nature of humanity in general.
    A poor environment with negative interactions will of course colour the perspective of that individual and it takes a remarkably strong willed one not to fall into this trap, the same goes for a positive one.

In contrast to your rather nihlistic signature, our meaning in life is generally our own, we spend so long looking outside of ourselves for a reason to do, that we become depressed when nothing appears. Although I agree somewhat on us being slaves, but like anything a perspective is just a view and perhaps you might conclude if people cannot agree with you, then they cannot see what you see and therefore fall short of your vision.

But this is just an idea, i'm not saying it IS what you do. Although since we are slaves to our own determination, why not enjoy it? Free will both exists and doesn't within human spheres of understanding; people are told so often about the freedom of choice they have, that when it appears not to exist they get extremely short sighted about the future of anything, especially themselves. This can then become projected outwards into a rather childish negativity directed at all who don't or won't agree. In truth to give up and throw yourself into abject hopelessness seems to be a sign of giving up to me.

The point of this, though, is that you have spent considerable amounts of time spreading your pains on this forum and most of all your generalisation's of an entire group of people, based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy.

I sympathise with the troubles you have had and have explained on here. I won't pretend to know what it's like, nor will I pretend to ultimately understand, just as you cannot fully understand myself.

But that's the point; you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily. Ultimately all that does is blind you to the possibilities that might be and leaves you locked into your spiralling, self-destructive idealism.

Regardless, you can take it or leave it. It was just a thought.

Just don't give in to the paranoid eyes:

"based upon a grouping that has yet to be given legitimacy." i see mbti manifesting in every single person ive met in the time of my life as long as ive been able to analyze people, so i think it gives rather concrete foundation for my assumptions.

does mbti lack scientific proof? i dont think so, in the first place typology cannot manifest in its purest form really by any other than for intuitive type of people cause this theory is based on observing certain parts of humans that sensors and many intuitives too completely ignore, so there arent really that many types for which this theory truly works for, and as a theory limited to certain population attempting acceptance from those not included in that circle are doomed to fail. i think thats where the split is, F type people are more equipped for using mbti correctly. also N type, but more significantly the F/T split.

i think there are many things which people claim to happen for certain reasons but really happen because of other reasons. and that twists things up, making personal approval the only liable method of theorizing. like astrology as the most infamous example, that people think things really happen how its said but truly happen because of completely different reasons. like placebo effect.

same is with all theories, people mess them up, so no, i dont trust group consensus as a scientific method of approval.
    and in my personally approved as scientifically correct theories, i do see mbti, enneagram and instincts manifesting everywhere.

maybe my view is so nihilistic just because im so messed up, i dont know, but i think those thoughts are right. that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place.

"you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily." thats hard, i dont always feel so inspired to analyze everything as anew.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    i see mbti manifesting in every single person ive met in the time of my life as long as ive been able to analyze people, so i think it gives rather concrete foundation for my assumptions.
    Not really. This is just your assumption. There is nothing 'concrete' about it.

does mbti lack scientific proof? i dont think so, in the first place typology cannot manifest in its purest form really by any other than for intuitive type of people cause this theory is based on observing certain parts of humans that sensors and many intuitives too completely ignore, so there arent really that many types for which this theory truly works for, and as a theory limited to certain population attempting acceptance from those not included in that circle are doomed to fail. i think thats where the split is, F type people are more equipped for using mbti correctly. also N type, but more significantly the F/T split.
    This is completely tautological and only holds true if everyone were exactly you. You cannot claim correctness only that you have an opinion.

i think there are many things which people claim to happen for certain reasons but really happen because of other reasons. and that twists things up, making personal approval the only liable method of theorizing. like astrology as the most infamous example, that people think things really happen how its said but truly happen because of completely different reasons. like placebo effect.
    Such as how you use this theory to justify your prejudice? And personal approval isn't the only liable method of theorising. The theory of evolution has a great deal of readily observable evidence for it; if there was none, people would not give it any credibility at all. When it comes to theories of the mind however it does become more difficult.

same is with all theories, people mess them up, so no, i dont trust group consensus as a scientific method of approval.
    and in my personally approved as scientifically correct theories, i do see mbti, enneagram and instincts manifesting everywhere.
    Which is not what I was getting at. My point had nothing to do with whether a group or an individual approves something to themselves. However this is a great example of the point I WAS trying to make which is that the open interpretation of MBTI, when not approached sensibly, results in rampant generalisations and pigeon-holing of entire groups of people unfairly and inaccurately.

Also you can only claim that you follow your own view over others, nothing wrong with that; after all I don't advocate blind group approval myself, but you cannot claim that anything you have mentioned even comes close to the definition of scientific. Unless we're going to start arguing on the ever changing nature of words and their meanings, at which point this becomes an exercise in semantics.

maybe my view is so nihilistic just because im so messed up, i dont know, but i think those thoughts are right. that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place.
    I believe you do think this is correct. There is a really important point in this paragraph of yours "that ultimately all perspectives are wrong and the only correct one is that we are being used, and that the reality isnt a nice place."

Ironic isn't it? Because by your logic, this would make your perspective also wrong and therefore a paradox.

"you should not give in to lazy prejudice and assumption so easily." thats hard, i dont always feel so inspired to analyze everything as anew.
    Yet you have analysed people enough to come to incredibly self-assured assertions about what is and isn't true concerning an intangible theory.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    So you noticed that...does this mean you're really a sensor?

Sensors and Intuitives both suck equally. Everyone sucks. The end.
    I really like cats and food.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Sensors and Intuitives both suck equally. Everyone sucks. The end.