User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I give up. Thanks for adding me to the list of people you dislike. I'm glad.

It's times like this that I just want to leave the forums. MBTI just gives people the excuse to stereotype and be critical of one another.
    It's just one person. Don't leave a forum for that.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It's just one person. Don't leave a forum for that.
    It isn't just him/her though. Threads like these pop up and get tons of responses....all from people using MBTI as another type of "racism." We're on the 11th page right now. If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people, I'd probably get banned. Yet people take no issue with things like this.

Don't get me wrong...I do stay because there are a lot of great people here also. I've always loved forums, but many I go to tend to die after a while or they were never interesting to begin with. For the most part, the regulars here are terrific. It would be nice to have a block/filter feature for these threads.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

They tend to state the obvious a bit more often than necessary, take a ridiculous amount of time explaining an extremely simple concept, more often than not have conversations based on nothing, not think as deeply into things, etc. I'd go on but I don't want to be cruel
    “The first progressive step by a mind overwhelmed by the strangeness of things is to realize that this feeling of strangeness is shared with all men and that human reality, in its entirety, suffers from the distance which separates it from the rest of the universe." -Albert Camus

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    INFJ's aren't suspect to this, lordy no (though I should admit, INTJ's are about doubly worse).

Perhaps you are confusing concise language with perfect comprehension.
    O_O... UMM.. i dont understand.

whatever you mean, what i meant by what i said is that you take what is said, out of context and give it a whole different than the intended meaning, making it into something completely different like here, you made it into something i have no idea if you even made it into something. probably your twisting words on purpose to make it seem something even though its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I give up. Thanks for adding me to the list of people you dislike. I'm glad.

It's times like this that I just want to leave the forums. MBTI just gives people the excuse to stereotype and be critical of one another.
    given the stereotyping is done based on _reality_ unlike how sensors do their stereotyping, so yeah, i think its fairly accurate.

"If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people," hahah, thats exactly what i meant, you do stereotyping based on something which is elusory, something you cant say is written in stone. stereotyping based on skin colour is entirely based on assumption that every race found it near heart to adopt behavior from others of their kind, but we intuitives rarely do that so we make exceptions there. unlike race, mbti is written in stone, by god if you may call it.

and stereotyping something written in stone.. well yeah, i think its that bit more concise.

you want to prove your whole persona isnt predetermined? go ahead, try prove the innate nature of humanity wrong. cause we are all scripted, and none of us have free will. what you will do is written in your personality attributes. everything.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    you want to prove your whole persona isnt predetermined? go ahead, try prove the innate nature of humanity wrong. cause we are all scripted, and none of us have free will. what you will do is written in your personality attributes. everything.
    This idea stems from the fact that Jung was a Calvinist (or rather, raised and tortured to be one).

I'm curious if you are too.

your resident asshole

"If I made a thread about what I dislike about black people," hahah, thats exactly what i meant, you do stereotyping based on something which is elusory, something you cant say is written in stone. stereotyping based on skin colour is entirely based on assumption that every race found it near heart to adopt behavior from others of their kind, but we intuitives rarely do that so we make exceptions there. unlike race, mbti is written in stone, by god if you may call it.

and stereotyping something written in stone.. well yeah, i think its that bit more concise.

Now I have no idea what you are talking about. MBTI is not "written stone." Are you saying every INFJ is the same for example?

And when did God come into play?

WALMART

O_O... UMM.. i dont understand.

whatever you mean, what i meant by what i said is that you take what is said, out of context and give it a whole different than the intended meaning, making it into something completely different like here, you made it into something i have no idea if you even made it into something. probably your twisting words on purpose to make it seem something even though its nothing.

Nothing more than what I've already expressed. ISTP's and INFJ's aren't so different, you and us. Given the preference for Ni I would imagine a bit more contextual affluence, but that's just my sensing rationality at work...

Quote Originally Posted by IllusoryReverie View Post
    They tend to state the obvious a bit more often than necessary, take a ridiculous amount of time explaining an extremely simple concept, more often than not have conversations based on nothing, not think as deeply into things, etc. I'd go on but I don't want to be cruel

How long have you been studying MBTI? I find your intimate knowledge and keen insight verily engaging.

MBTI
    IsFJ

And people wonder why I keep the "X".
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Many accuse me of being a sensor, and the reasoning for it is because they say my ideas lack focus, that they are too chaotic and random.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by IllusoryReverie View Post
    Aww, you just described my husband....an INTJ.

Seriously, this is why these threads don't go anywhere. Not every S fits nice and neatly into the little sensor box, just like not every N fits nice and neatly into the little intuition box. My husband loves analyzing things to death, he actually enjoys amortization tables. I find them incredibly boring. I love cooking with new spices...tasting the flavors, smelling the aroma, experiencing different textures... He just eats the food in front of him and doesn't care what it is. It's just how we are. We have different drives and thinks that interest us. It doesn't make one of us better than the other. Just different.

PS. My husband is the one in the relationship that is more prone to go into too many details. I'm frequently interrupting him saying "I get it, move on with the story."