User Tag List

First 234

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It should be pretty easy to spot the difference between an ENTP and an ESTP. Each type's way of receiving information from the world, N and S, is very pronounced.
    Not in EXTPs. They're quite enigmatic...

EXTJs are also a little bit difficult to discern between, but you can usually do it based on what they do with their input and how they structure things around them. My aunt is obviously an ESTJ, but her S is not absolute, so there are times when I'll see her use intuition. The other things she does and the way she manages her house gives away her S preference, though. My mother is, sadly, likely ISFJ, though not too strong in the I (definitely more E than any of the rest of us), S (this annoys me greatly), and J (obviously there, obviously not too strong). I've realized that as people get older their preferences blur a bit, they learn to think in a wider array of ways, and use some to fit in, get ahead, shield themselves, or merely endure life. This makes it much harder to type people.

MBTI
    INFP

I read in a typewatching book that it is easiest to spot J/P, but I think this is the hardest. This trait defines a lot of you, but it seems mostly internal. I can tell I am a P because I notice how I all of a sudden start thinking of something only vaguely connected to the previous thing, but nobody else sees that. I usually only identify someone as J/P after I have gotten the other three.

Can anyone relate?

MBTI
    INTP

Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. We have about 75% accuracy rate when we point them to the online tests and have them self-evaluate with literature. Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out. Some of the girls, especially the NFs, really enjoy the typing. We even found one NT Hooters waitress. Most are SP or SJ however.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. ... Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out.
    NH, my local NT group assembles at the waterhole and the last thing we'd do would be type waitresses!
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    NH, my local NT group assembles at the waterhole and the last thing we'd do would be type waitresses!
    What can I say ... you know us ... it is one of the few "interesting" things we have going for us. Eyebyte can be quite entertaining after a pitcher or two.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I've gotten into the stage where I think I'm as wrong as I can be in terms of typing people. To type is to put them into boxes... I've missed way too many similairies between different "types" of people and too many differences between the same "type" of people.

In general, I can do ENTJ, INTJ, ESFJ, ESTP, ENTP, ISFJ.... strangely I can't do INFJ nor INFP even though the two should technically be more familiar to me. I often cannot differentiate between N/S and T/F in them because I see too many inconsistencies in myself to confidently stick them in a temperment.

MBTI
    TiSe

Knowing that I wear a constant mask in public and don't allow people to get to really know me, I don't even make attempts to type others since they're probably wearing mask to some point, also.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Eyebyte (from INTPc ... soon here, I hope) and I have typed over 50 Hooters waitresses for MBTI using a system of 5-10 questions. We have about 75% accuracy rate when we point them to the online tests and have them self-evaluate with literature. Since we are geeks, it is something we do while drinking beer and hanging out. Some of the girls, especially the NFs, really enjoy the typing. We even found one NT Hooters waitress. Most are SP or SJ however.
    Lol! Hanging out at Hooters. That just gave me an idea. There's a gay or not gay bar where really hunky men dance on the bar in bikinis, here in Neuava Orleans. I'm wondering if I could go up to them and ask them about testing?

What are the 5-10 questions? I'm curious. Can I just assume they're all SPs? And how do I know about this place you ask? You have no idea! My Ne curiosity gets me in the strangest places. It exceeds my common sense.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
    What are the 5-10 questions? I'm curious. Can I just assume they're all SPs? And how do I know about this place you ask? You have no idea! My Ne curiosity gets me in the strangest places. It exceeds my common sense.
    Oh, gay bars are da bomb, baby!
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.