User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone care to weigh in on Ne vs NiSe at work?

5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post

" If in conversation Se is taking in objective external stimuli and Ni is also at work what would that look like? How do you measure the disparity between NiSe at work v Ne. If Ne is objectively intuiting external stimuli and NiSe is subjectively intuiting external stimuli what does that look like? How does that manifest itself in conversation?"

any takers?
    Ne is not "objectively intuiting external stimuli"
    NiSe is meaningless.

Fwiw, you sound more like an INFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

This is something of a throwaway anecdote, but I've recently observed a couple of extreme Ni-doms who are strongly intuitive/abstract, and who seek out correlations and patterns to distill down to core concepts. These people, including myself to some extent, are especially Ni-dominant. Some INJs strongly use their Fe or Te and can seem very structured and intense. The Ni focused types can be extremely laid back and low energy externally - possibly moreso than the Ti or Fi doms.

The extreme Ne-doms are the opposite, having continual energy that is outward focused, creative, and takes you on a imaginative head-trip that feels like a roller-coaster.

The strongly Ni-doms are pretty rare, I think, and I don't think people realize just how laid back such people can be.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    The one test I took was really good, but it is hard to find. After understanding Ne and Ni, I definitely know I am way more Ne.

Do you know if you are introverted or extroverted?
    Pretty strong introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Yes, I can remember them (I tend to pick up slight changes - such as a slight change in hair colour due to dye - and recall these months later), but there's a bunch of stuff that just never enters my head completely. I was sent to do something with the laundry once (can't remember what). I say "Ok", took a few steps towards the washing machine, came back, and asked what I was supposed to do because I forgot. But I can remember details of conversations after months - I will astound people by bringing back a topic from a year ago that they had completely forgotten about .
    I relate to all of this too. The more personally relevant something is to me, the more likely it's going to stick in my memory. I too, can pick up on slight changes in things. Sometimes it's difficult to accurately articulate that change but I know it looks or feels somehow different than it once was.

I also have things that completely escape my notice. I think it might be more lack of interest or attention on my part than due to weak sensing. I too will have absent minded moments where I'll go to the washing machine and come back forgetting what it was I was supposed to do. Not sure if it's all that type related because everyone, even dominant sensing types have their absent minded moments.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Not sure if it's all that type related because everyone, even dominant sensing types have their absent minded moments.
    Agreed, but this seems to play out more in INxx, I've noticed (though I think I've seen it amongst ISxx quite a lot as well).
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Perhaps Ni/Se can be thought of as a balance between "it is what it is" and "what is it, really"? The former begs the latter, but the former can also answer the latter.
    Also -- It's a psyche battle and eventual reconciliation between mindsets of, oh,

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" --Attributed to Freud (people contest that attribution, but who gives a crap

("This is not a pipe.")

Ah, smoking.