User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 55

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Yea see I never feel its good to procrastinate and when I do it it's hard for me to stop. So the realization that its bad never happens because to m it's always been a negative thing in my mind. I have to be jolted out of it.
    That sounds like a J if ever I saw one. P's like procrastination if it allows them to stay open to new possibilities or opportunities.

  2. #42
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    @iNtrovert, I don't have much of a way to explain this but you speak INFJ. It's like Ti writing. It's harder for me to understand, takes me a few times to go through and trace the logic. You're an INFJ, there's no doubt.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Ne users will gain intuitions based on direct experience in an environment in that moment. Its there. From what I understand they're objective even though Ne users in my opinion tend to be the most narcissistic and full of themsleves because these "unseen" things can often be pulled straight out of their ass. This is why there's a clear difference when ESTP's walk what they talk, in comparison to ENTP's who just tell everyone how fantastic they are at everything with no real clear proof.
    Well, ENxPs do tend to be bullshitters, lol, but there's also curious kind of suspension of disbelief that goes along with running Ne information, where you kind of ride the wave-tips as fast as they arise, and for the moment, you are that information, you understand it, embody it, become it, and then you leave what's not useful of it behind, integrating it into your conceptual schema. It's not really about narcissism or being full of yourself as much as it is you're simply swept up in the concept and you're excited by the concept and you completely become the concept, much like an ESxP completely becomes the action or the music - ExxPs have this way of becoming the process, inhabiting it and then leaving it behind as we travel on to new things. It's just that ENxPs are riding conceptual information, which isn't as available to see tangibly, so you can't see all those theoretical strings that the ENxP followed to get to the information that's being "pulled out of their ass" - it's not, really, it followed a very long and complex line of thought, it's just not visible to non-Ne'ers. And then other people sort of freak out because you seem to completely drop whatever you just "believed" in, but you never really believed it, you just had to take it all in to get the most from it, and you're still travelling that line of information that took you there in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony
    "Let's talk about the similarities between beavers and clouds. Beavers float in water and clouds float in air. So for fish beavers are like clouds."
    Accurate.

  3. #43
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @iNtrovert, I don't have much of a way to explain this but you speak INFJ. It's like Ti writing. It's harder for me to understand, takes me a few times to go through and trace the logic. You're an INFJ, there's no doubt.
    Well that's a first( the speaking Ti thing not being told i'm an INFJ). I actually give this more merit because it's not based on what I said but how I said it..... On 2nd thought this is not the first time I have been told I write in Ti. I think @RaptorWizard told me I write in Ti when I was responding to a thread about the use of Ti lol

    All in all I think I've settled on INFJ as well. It was just so important for me to be typed accurately. I needed to know for sure and that made me 2nd guess my own instinct. I feel a lot better about it. I just didn't want to wake up one morning and realize I was actually an INFP and have that "Everythingggg I knowww is a lieeee!" feeling. lol
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  4. #44
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Interesting, given that INFPs have both Si and Te.
    Yes, but those are the weakest functions. I can memorize details and such (and will notice slight changes), giving pretty detailed accounts of events, but I can't remember dates and such things.

    Edit: I meant that I can remember why events in history, for example, happened, but I can't remember the small details. The same holds true for science; I think that it's my disinterest in details that makes me overlook them.

    It's all about speaking their language. That is what I have found, at least. I tend to use black and white knowledge to explain things, and ask a series of yes or no questions to get them to understand my logic. Such as:

    Is the sky blue?

    Yes

    Is blue pretty?

    Yes.

    If the sky is blue, and blue is pretty, the sky must be pretty in your eyes.
    Hm...I'll try that.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  5. #45
    Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    p types think in terms of stories. j types think in terms of frames.

    j types often remember general knowledge more than they remember the specific details of what happened to them. they don't rely on temporal organization to remember shit. they remember dates, words, encyclopedias, general knowledge, cultural knowledge, etc. p types, when they read, picture stuff. they imagine real objects. they populate the idea with things they've actually experienced. j types just say the words and voila! the grammar will sort itself out and eventually it will mean something. eventually concepts emerge and we use them to magnify and look through them, as mirror images and lenses to see other ones. when i taught writing, a lot of times the j types would just use a bunch of cliches and figures of speech and i would say, what does that mean, and they wouldn't know. they wouldn't actually be able to get down to anything that was a concrete experience. being descriptive was harder for them, because they let go of the details of their experience in favor of commonplaces that might capture parts of it. p types, on the other hand, often struggled to translate their experience into grammatically readable sentences. they'd have a weird starting point and just get carried away on a circuitous path of experience that exhibited no sentence hierarchy whatsoever.

    anyway, that's my completely random, weird way of drawing a distinction that's not the old obscure tropes about "planning" or "not planning." if anything, j types spend more time gathering resources to make predictions, whereas p types spend more time testing the waters step by step (<--example of weird figure of speech that doesn't actually make sense).

  6. #46
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    well when you say it like that .....lol

    I didn't understand the thought process of a P when I was considering it. Now after hearing the evaluation and decision process of P type if I lived like that i'd go nuts lol.
    See I thought that just because I go through cycles of procrastinate on occasion and my room isn't always the cleanest P might be a possibility. What I learned from this thread is a P is reevaluating what is important on a greater than or less than scale and making the decision not to do something. I on the other hand when I am overwhelmed I still feel like getting my work done is the most important thing. I just can't bring myself to do it because I don't have the mental capacity to. When I procrastinate the whole time I'm thinking "you should be doing your work" . I start self loathing. I get more stressed out and more mentally depleted. Then I procrastinate more because I'm stressed out about procrastinating lol. I get locked into a cycle. I feel like a P wouldn't do that as much. They have made the decision based on what is important to them. They have reevaluated the principal so they probably wouldn't experience the anxiety that comes with acting against a principal . I on the other hand I would be acting against my principal causing me great stress and anxiety. That's why I said I'd need to be committed lol.

    Do I have that right or is my understanding of P still off?

    It sounds about fair. It's funny, I must have overlooked the bolded because I was going to launch into a little piece about P's probably justifying in thier minds why they are procrastinating, or something. I don't speak for all, but I know in school I would know darn well I wasn't going to do my homework and I knew darn well how shitty I was going to feel in class when I didn't have anything to turn in. I just didn't care, I'd go ride bikes all evening and sleep like a rock, wake up with everything feeling fine up until that class. Then I'd feel shitty when the situation was directly in front of me, but as soon as the anxiety of me not turning anything in passed I was back to being just dandy.

    So yeah. P's and J's can definitely both procrastinate, particularly from lack of will.

  7. #47
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Yes, but those are the weakest functions. I can memorize details and such (and will notice slight changes), giving pretty detailed accounts of events, but I can't remember dates and such things.

    Edit: I meant that I can remember why events in history, for example, happened, but I can't remember the small details. The same holds true for science; I think that it's my disinterest in details that makes me overlook them.


    Hm...I'll try that.

    That's very interesting to me. Si is my last function (and I hated Si till I truly understood it) but I have always been really good at memorizing a lot of stupid facts and recognizing past patterns. The why part of remembering comes from the intuitive function. I tend to remember the why much better, but I am also good at remembering mundane details. Well, unless they are imminently important

    Ex: Doctor's appt at 11:00 am.


    Two days later: what time was I supposed to go again?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  8. #48
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I've taken several functions tests. Usually Ne is somewhat higher than Ni but I have taken one that put Ni higher than Ne. You can't always go by tests.
    The one test I took was really good, but it is hard to find. After understanding Ne and Ni, I definitely know I am way more Ne.

    Do you know if you are introverted or extroverted?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  9. #49
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    That's very interesting to me. Si is my last function (and I hated Si till I truly understood it) but I have always been really good at memorizing a lot of stupid facts and recognizing past patterns. The why part of remembering comes from the intuitive function. I tend to remember the why much better, but I am also good at remembering mundane details. Well, unless they are imminently important

    Ex: Doctor's appt at 11:00 am.


    Two days later: what time was I supposed to go again?
    Yes, I can remember them (I tend to pick up slight changes - such as a slight change in hair colour due to dye - and recall these months later), but there's a bunch of stuff that just never enters my head completely. I was sent to do something with the laundry once (can't remember what). I say "Ok", took a few steps towards the washing machine, came back, and asked what I was supposed to do because I forgot. But I can remember details of conversations after months - I will astound people by bringing back a topic from a year ago that they had completely forgotten about .
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  10. #50
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    My understanding is that Ni attempts to distill patterns and their sense of reality to core concepts from which all other concepts can generate. You could think of this structure of ideas as resembling a fractal pattern. Se is subject to this larger thought structure, so there are fewer preconceived notions about it.

    Ne is more fluid and examines relationships between concepts in more configurations and could be thought of more like a chain of concepts or an asymmetrical web of associations and interrelationships of ideas. Perhaps Si grounds these structures a bit more by providing a more internalized notion of the concrete world over which these more abstract, intuitive patterns can reconfigure?

    Hopefully that doesn't sound like too much nonsense. I think Ne has an easier time readjusting to new information to revise its associations, but is less likely to make solid conclusions. Ni is slow to build or rebuild its internal structures and when it is wrong, it can be completely wrong and when correct, quite insightful. I've had to completely rebuild my Ni concept of reality once and it took years. It was a rather overwhelming process.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Similar Threads

  1. Weigh in on my type! (Enneagram and MBTI welcome!)
    By DontKnowAnyGDColleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. Anyone Care To Try To Type Me?
    By Jacques Le Paul in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2016, 11:39 PM
  3. I'm in need of some help. Would anyone care to assist me?
    By /DG/ in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM
  4. Replies: 171
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 07:22 AM
  5. Politics questionnaire (specific to Americans, but anyone can weigh in)
    By G-Virus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO