User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 55

  1. #31
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post

    Again, I see myself doing alot of both.

    Maybe I just have strong Ni and Ne.
    Maybe...though for myself, I find my understanding/use of Ni to be incredibly low. I also find that most people tend to be extremely strongly one or the other. Have you taken a functions test?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  2. #32
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    We should have a thread on the parenting of different MBTI types!
    DO ITTTT!
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  3. #33
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    An analysis I wrote some time ago: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-vs-se-ni.html


    I've since spotted errors in my thinking.

    You're always so helpful...Idk why I don't just ask you things
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  4. #34
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yeah, you are definitely an IxxJ.

    If this were my life, I'd kill myself.
    Actually lol'd @ this. I think i'd feel the same way if i thought like a p ..... ok maybe not suicide but i'd at least have to be committed.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  5. #35
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    You're always so helpful...Idk why I don't just ask you things

    Feel free :P


    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    Actually lol'd @ this. I think i'd feel the same way if i thought like a p ..... ok maybe not suicide but i'd at least have to be committed.

    Even when discussing the possibility of being a P...

  6. #36
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    It’s my experience that Ni isn’t adept at examining different (foreign) components unless it’s made very clear how those components fit into the larger framework- the value of isolating the components and going on tangents about them just isn’t clear to us until we see where they fit into the bigger scheme. If it isn’t made clear, we have a hard time understanding the relevance.

    On the other hand, Ne isn’t as adept at seeing larger tangents as they’re referred to. I may describe an iceberg- it’ll be clear to me that there’s a whole connected framework that isn’t showing below the surface, it’s just a given to me, yet the description will be taken in by a Ne’er in isolation as if there’s nothing further to investigate. They’ll bounce to an altogether different tangent, they’ll consider that ‘investigating it further’ and get confused about why I’m frustrated - though from my point of view it’s basically like having someone get puzzled over why I’d want to finish my own sentences.

    uumlau has written the best description I’ve seen thus far, in a different thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    That's a good description of the Ne approach. The Ni approach isn't revelation so much as immediately perceiving a truth as being obvious. To debate the truth feels as absurd to Ni as debating whether a red apple is red. "The apple is red, isn't it obvious? Why are we even debating whether the apple is red?" Ne instead notes that the apple isn't completely red, and points out that its insides are white, with black things, and even the skin has speckles of various non-red colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    What's going on is that each side sees different things when looking at the same problem. Using the red apple example, the Ni context might be answering the question, "What apple should I get for John?" and the answer is "That red apple." There are several unstated aspects to this context. Ni knows what kinds of apples John likes (Gala apples, though Ni can't always seem to remember the name). Right here and now (Se), there is a limited set of apples on display, some of which are red, and others are green, yellow, etc. Each of these apples is of a particular variety (Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Fiji, Gala, etc.). So Ni picks "That Red apple" (which also happens to be a Gala apple) for John, because Ni knows that's the best choice of the bunch, saying, "I think I'll get this red apple for John. He likes those red apples." ["those red apples" meaning the particular Gala kind of apple, for which Ni doesn't remember the word.]

    At this point, Ne replies, "That apple isn't exactly red."



    So, Ne will bring in and fire off new details like a machine gun. And Ni will (likely) reject them all if it isn’t clear how they're relevant.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  7. #37
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Maybe...though for myself, I find my understanding/use of Ni to be incredibly low. I also find that most people tend to be extremely strongly one or the other. Have you taken a functions test?
    I've taken several functions tests. Usually Ne is somewhat higher than Ni but I have taken one that put Ni higher than Ne. You can't always go by tests.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  8. #38
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Even when discussing the possibility of being a P...
    well when you say it like that .....lol

    I didn't understand the thought process of a P when I was considering it. Now after hearing the evaluation and decision process of P type if I lived like that i'd go nuts lol.
    See I thought that just because I go through cycles of procrastinate on occasion and my room isn't always the cleanest P might be a possibility. What I learned from this thread is a P is reevaluating what is important on a greater than or less than scale and making the decision not to do something. I on the other hand when I am overwhelmed I still feel like getting my work done is the most important thing. I just can't bring myself to do it because I don't have the mental capacity to. When I procrastinate the whole time I'm thinking "you should be doing your work" . I start self loathing. I get more stressed out and more mentally depleted. Then I procrastinate more because I'm stressed out about procrastinating lol. I get locked into a cycle. I feel like a P wouldn't do that as much. They have made the decision based on what is important to them. They have reevaluated the principal so they probably wouldn't experience the anxiety that comes with acting against a principal . I on the other hand I would be acting against my principal causing me great stress and anxiety. That's why I said I'd need to be committed lol.

    Do I have that right or is my understanding of P still off?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iNtrovert View Post
    well when you say it like that .....lol

    I didn't understand the thought process of a P when I was considering it. Now after hearing the evaluation and decision process of P type if I lived like that i'd go nuts lol.
    See I thought that just because I go through cycles of procrastinate on occasion and my room isn't always the cleanest P might be a possibility. What I learned from this thread is a P is reevaluating what is important on a greater than or less than scale and making the decision not to do something. I on the other hand when I am overwhelmed I still feel like getting my work done is the most important thing. I just can't bring myself to do it because I don't have the mental capacity to. When I procrastinate the whole time I'm thinking "you should be doing your work" . I start self loathing. I get more stressed out and more mentally depleted. Then I procrastinate more because I'm stressed out about procrastinating lol. I get locked into a cycle. I feel like a P wouldn't do that as much. They have made the decision based on what is important to them. They have reevaluated the principal so they probably wouldn't experience the anxiety that comes with acting against a principal . I on the other hand I would be acting against my principal causing me great stress and anxiety. That's why I said I'd need to be committed lol.

    Do I have that right or is my understanding of P still off?
    Well some stress does occur. (In my case at least) there are a few values which are valued so extremely high they are in the stratosphere and when they find their way up there they don't come down (at least easily.) They become your greatest desires if you will, that which you want realised or protected. These are the values you want the outside world to match (mine is the desire to either see or make humanity into an interplanetary or interstellar space-faring species which would give them the resources to eventually build their own future, perhaps free of unnecessary war or poverty) and you want them to materialise (even if you do not believe they cannot.) There are presumably a million different ways of reaching this point so normally chilling out and working through the bugs is stress free as it is defined as "advancement." Such values often dwarf other ones and the dwarfed values are usually easier to reach or sustain however in the end you are spending your time pursuing these lesser values rather than working towards the greater values and this can be stressful.

    Some procrastination is good, some is bad and realising you are wasting your time on the bad procrastination will either make you frustrated (or experience a similar emotion) or would inspire you to work towards one of your goals (however you will probably soon stop if you do not think it is the best possible way.)

    tl;dr version: INFPs would feel conscious and/or stressed about procrastination if the procrastination is not valued or does not actually serve what they value in some way.

  10. #40
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Well some stress does occur. (In my case at least) there are a few values which are valued so extremely high they are in the stratosphere and when they find their way up there they don't come down (at least easily.) They become your greatest desires if you will, that which you want realised or protected. These are the values you want the outside world to match (mine is the desire to either see or make humanity into an interplanetary or interstellar space-faring species which would give them the resources to eventually build their own future, perhaps free of unnecessary war or poverty) and you want them to materialise (even if you do not believe they cannot.) There are presumably a million different ways of reaching this point so normally chilling out and working through the bugs is stress free as it is defined as "advancement." Such values often dwarf other ones and the dwarfed values are usually easier to reach or sustain however in the end you are spending your time pursuing these lesser values rather than working towards the greater values and this can be stressful.

    Some procrastination is good, some is bad and realising you are wasting your time on the bad procrastination will either make you frustrated (or experience a similar emotion) or would inspire you to work towards one of your goals (however you will probably soon stop if you do not think it is the best possible way.)

    tl;dr version: INFPs would feel conscious and/or stressed about procrastination if the procrastination is not valued or does not actually serve what they value in some way.
    Yea see I never feel its good to procrastinate and when I do it it's hard for me to stop. So the realization that its bad never happens because to m it's always been a negative thing in my mind. I have to be jolted out of it.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

Similar Threads

  1. Weigh in on my type! (Enneagram and MBTI welcome!)
    By DontKnowAnyGDColleen in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM
  2. Anyone Care To Try To Type Me?
    By Jacques Le Paul in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2016, 11:39 PM
  3. I'm in need of some help. Would anyone care to assist me?
    By /DG/ in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2015, 03:57 PM
  4. Replies: 171
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 07:22 AM
  5. Politics questionnaire (specific to Americans, but anyone can weigh in)
    By G-Virus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO