User Tag List

123 Last

Default Dario Nardi on Reddit

Dario Nardi had a question and answer session on Reddit a couple of weeks ago, about functions, type, and his EEG research. Thought I'd share it with you folks.

AMA with Dario Nardi

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Interesting, id still enjoy a brain scan.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

AA, I'm going to laugh when your brain scan reveals you to be an evil and sadistic ENTJ overlord!

I would like one too. Despite the weaker pound sterling to the dollar I could still easy afford the "brain scan"...I mean collection of electrodes.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I can believe I missed it!!! ugh I love Dario Nardi's work. Thanks for sharing =)
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

WALMART

My favorite piece of knowledge was learning that INFJ's/ISTP's and INTJ's/ISFP's become indistinguishable with age, and likely maturity. I can gather a good bit of context from that piece of information.

I wonder if it extends to all types? I haven't analyzed the piece quite like I should or want, yet.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    My favorite piece of knowledge was learning that INFJ's/ISTP's and INTJ's/ISFP's become indistinguishable with age, and likely maturity. I can gather a good bit of context from that piece of information.

I wonder if it extends to all types? I haven't analyzed the piece quite like I should or want, yet.
    Would be interesting and somewhat funny.

INTP/ISFJ -Lawl for example.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Really? Because lately I've been wondering if I'm mistyped (again) and just an INFJ. But then I look at my past, and it couldn't possibly be so. I relate to some INFJs around here now though.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Really? Because lately I've been wondering if I'm mistyped (again) and just an INFJ. But then I look at my past, and it couldn't possibly be so. I relate to some INFJs around here now though.

Playing the odds, and combined with my experience with you, I would not deviate my guess from the ISTP functional formula. As Nardi shows, though, an ISTP can dream.

Playing the odds, and combined with my experience with you, I would not deviate my guess from the ISTP functional formula. As Nardi shows, though, an ISTP can dream.
    It's something I notice in a lot of people (at least by their mid 20s or older). A few INFJs here too would say they share traits with ISTP. On the extroverted end, I notice the same thing with some ESTPs and ENFJ. @whatever comes to mind. She's like the ESTP with the bleeding heart.. or something (heh). There are some famous people who fall along the same lines.