User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Pffft, until the sensors start making posts on the merits of intuition, they're not marrying my daughter.
    Do you even have a daughter?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is your daughter sexy!?

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what I don't get is why the hell people brag about how little they use sensing functions. Like it's something to be proud of in some "look! I'm the most intuitive person to ever live, I'm destined for greatness!" manner. The world is a fantastic place, filled with interesting smells, delicious flavors and views that could inspire a mind to do great things and yet there are people who want to tune that out? Or for the other side of sensing things, the recall of how it feels to have the hands of someone you want and want badly running their hands down your curves, or being able to recall how your favorite pasta sauce should taste and things of that sort... things you never want to forget.

Being an incomplete person is nothing to brag about
    +1

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I really wish different terminology would be developed for the functions.
    Surely there is a better method of classification.
    Which are you actually suggesting? Different terminology for the same system? Or a different system?

Also, an SJ is intuitive, because they go on a "hunch" based on past experience, which they can't ratioanlly explain.

And a Feeler is intuitive, because they go on a Feeling, which they can't rationally explain.

But both are different from an iNtuitive.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Which world are we talking about?
    The world of the forum?
    The world of human civilization?
    The world of your own mind?

*universe

I have trouble separating MBTI from conventional terminology at times.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Do you even have a daughter?
    An N-daughter, the imaginary issue of a non-physical relationship I once had with an idea. I'm afraid my hometown may be littered with them. I can never go back.

MBTI
    INTJ

I mean, I can see how sensors might not want to marry imaginary girls, so in fact I'm doing them a favor.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    This doesn't apply too much to SJ's
    That particular section applies mostly to the SPs ("Se breed").

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    @Infinite Bubble - this whole post was awesome, you make many fantastic points, and I share your belief in several different kinds of intelligence. I'm an Intuitive, but my Se is extremely well-developed and I think this has dramatically contributed to my satisfaction in life.
    Thank you, glad you agree. Different intelligences should be noticed and appreciate, no matter which type. I doubt it'll ever happen though. Some people may always be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what I don't get is why the hell people brag about how little they use sensing functions. Like it's something to be proud of in some "look! I'm the most intuitive person to ever live, I'm destined for greatness!" manner. The world is a fantastic place, filled with interesting smells, delicious flavors and views that could inspire a mind to do great things and yet there are people who want to tune that out? Or for the other side of sensing things, the recall of how it feels to have the hands of someone you want and want badly running their hands down your curves, or being able to recall how your favorite pasta sauce should taste and things of that sort... things you never want to forget.

Being an incomplete person is nothing to brag about
    Exactly. People should strive for completeness, development of both sides. They even out each others weaknesses. There's no point in wanting to be at either of the extremes.

MBTI
    INTJ

Completeness? Pah.

Completeness of what? The terms of completion are set even before the person is aware enough to try directing themselves. And why would anyone want them unset? To unset your preference is to undo your self. There is no completion, there is no joining the poor sensors in their earth grubbing. There is only extension of yourself as it already is.

The argument for being a senor is "I'm a sensor anyway, might as well get on with it then." The argument for investigating the nature of your own attachment to the world as it is, is quite a bit different.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Infinite Bubble

What I mean is, you don't want to be unbalanced such that you have a difficult time functioning when you have to participate in activities/events that utilizes more of the other end of the spectrum (N/S - depending on whichever one you are not). Perhaps "complete" was the wrong word.