User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Like I said about pushing people out of their comfort zone earlier.. anyone can commit to unlikely activities, if necessary. MBTI was designed to only describe types as Preferences. Myers was appalled when she saw companies firing people for their test results. It wasn't meant to describe people in their totality.
    I know that more than anyone, as my whole attitude is to concentrate on my area of weakness.

However, if you were forced to live and work in a world where N- functions were the most valued, yes you'd adapt. BUT you'd be one of the "worst" people, as you'd still be going against your instict every day.

Like speaking in a foreign language. People adapt, but will always be disadvantaged against a natural*.

Likewise, if an N was forced into a situation where S- functions were the most valued, yes they would adapt, but would constantly be one of the idiots of the group. Sure they survive, but as a loser.

So in that case, my quesiton is simple, and no-one wants to answer it.

In barbaric societies such as those I stated, were N's losers/wierdos? Or did people simply not develop as N-doms or N-aux?

*assuming equal intelligence/ability.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I agree.

My point was about N-doms or aux though. These are characterized by a preference for abstract thinking, which would seem a disadvantage in those scenarios I described.
    If abstract means irrelevant to the situation or context, then yeah. But it doesn't and can't, especially if it's a stand in word for what N's are supposedly doing.

I think N in our present group of societies is allowed to be a little more bizarre than it need be.

/Tyler Durd-en
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Fe does not mean you would be offended, just give importance to group harmony.
    Lol. Yes, always. That's my chief priority in life.

Trololololollol.

But in any case, barbarism is the correct word to use.
    Pakistan has an absence of culture and civilisation? You are a racist as well as troll then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Lol. Yes, always. That's my chief priority in life.

Trololololollol.

Pakistan has an absence of culture and civilisation? You are a racist as well as troll then.
    Don't be silly.

Would a racist troll have a 5 star thread rating and be one of TypoC's most beloved and enduring posters?

But I will forgive your transgression, and when you feel like replying to the points made, I commit to respond with a cordial and respectful reply, as always.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

One potential evolutionary solution to your quandary: Ns become as a group more intelligent than S, such that your "ceteris paribus" condition is stochastically almost never respected.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Don't be silly.

Would a racist troll have a 5 star thread rating and be one of TypoC's most beloved and enduring posters?

But I will forgive your transgression, and when you feel like replying to the points made, I commit to respond with a cordial and respectful reply, as always.
    Also much deluded, it seems.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    One potential evolutionary solution to your quandary: Ns become as a group more intelligent than S, such that your "ceteris paribus" condition is stochastically almost never respected.
    I don't believe this.

N's may be considered more intelligent in modern society precisely because they are more suited to academic fields, were abstract thinking predominated and which are used as a popularly accepted measure of intelligence today.

But this is a tautology.

In a society such as those I described, I see no evidence at all that being an N-dom or aux would be anything but a disadvantage to the great majority of people.

"Insights" by a peasant farmer would be more likely a build-up of concrete knowledge interplaying with tertiary or inferior N function.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

What is the point of your argument? Clearly enough prospered that we are here now. Whether you believe it or not is of no consequence. Your hypothesis has already been disproved...by history. Get over it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't believe this.
    I don't either. It's just one potential solution to the problem you pose. If no solution exists, then the problem is likely posed in the wrong fashion (and I think so).

N's may be considered more intelligent in modern society precisely because they are more suited to academic fields, were abstract thinking predominated and which are used as a popularly accepted measure of intelligence today.
    You did not use intelligence/ability in this fashion in your preceeding posts (see the your footnote in post 61), rather you referred to a general capacity to learn quickly. Which is what I am referring to in my answer. Say I am half as naturally coordinated as you, but I can learn new movements in double the speed. Given the same level of practice, we will reach a similar level of skill.

"Insights" by a peasant farmer would be more likely a build-up of concrete knowledge interplaying with tertiary or inferior N function.
    Concrete knowledge is the basis for insight in N types, too.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Clearly enough prospered that we are here now. Whether you believe it or not is of no consequence. Your hypothesis has already been disproved...by history.
    "We"...pride in group identity...very Fe.

Anyway, how do you arrive at this conclusion? I see no conclusive supporting argument.

Also, if it is true - which it could be - I'd be interested to have some idea of how it worked in those societies.